I wish our note 2's had as much love as the sgs3's

Search This thread

tfaulk88

Jul 30, 2010
olathe KS
Thats the thing though, they are all the same rom, just themed different and there might be a few extra tweaks in it. I use AOSP because there is a lot more you can do with it, and there are a ton of themes available for it. Being a themer myself, I will mix and match different theme apks to make a theme I like. I think that it would be worth while for you to start venturing into themes and how to do it. If you learn how to use the Vertimus universal method, it makes themeing a lot easier because you dont have to recompile each time you change an image, etc.

Cool man thanks for the info I look in to it do you lose s pin functionalty with aosp thats the only reason I havent looked In to those roms but thank you for the info ill look in to it.

tfaulk88

Jul 30, 2010
olathe KS
Thats the thing though, they are all the same rom, just themed different and there might be a few extra tweaks in it. I use AOSP because there is a lot more you can do with it, and there are a ton of themes available for it. Being a themer myself, I will mix and match different theme apks to make a theme I like. I think that it would be worth while for you to start venturing into themes and how to do it. If you learn how to use the Vertimus universal method, it makes themeing a lot easier because you dont have to recompile each time you change an image, etc.

Are you a boise state fan I love them ultimate under dogs I hope kellen moore gets a shot in the nfl but I dont think he ever will.

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Cool man thanks for the info I look in to it do you lose s pin functionalty with aosp thats the only reason I havent looked In to those roms but thank you for the info ill look in to it.

There are a few different options as far as the s pen goes.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Are you a boise state fan I love them ultimate under dogs I hope kellen moore gets a shot in the nfl but I dont think he ever will.

Im not big in football, but yeah, I think mostly because I live here.....

jonotwist

Dec 1, 2012
many family members chose the S3 in my family, and i gotta say. its nice being on top. quad core ect.
alot of the features that make the s3 roms shine in their own right for the most part, port right over to the GN2.

ill be a little biased whomps gota be my current fave,
but PA, CM, and Akop making better AOSP roms, who can want more?
I love the devs that release these.

also when i ask to see my brothers S3 i remind him, "your phone is my screen."

Last edited:

E-POUND

Sep 26, 2010
STL
Im trying to get a note 2 rightnow. The sellers are waiting on me to respond and i got somebody that wanna buy my S3 rightnow for $450 cash in hand. But trust me this MOAR ROM that just came out and updated to 4.1.2 makes it hard to get rid of. I've been stalling the seller and the buyer for 3days now lol. I thought i wanted a Note2 lol. I just dont know. I'm the only flasher in my circle so my phone looks totally different from all my friends and family members. They stay jealous, and i love it. I have rooted 8 Note 2s for friends but havent decided to get one yet. I convinced myself that i dont need Voice and Data at the sametime because the only time im using both is when im at home and i have Charter 100 megs for that. I will never get LTE because mines flashed to another carrier plus Sprint hasnt released LTE in St. Louis.

I wish i had the skills to do development. I applaud all developers of all kinds because I love their work. Ish not easy. Like I said I have played with alot of Note2s but this S3... GOD! I'm going to continue to look around in the Note2 forums and see what i like because the Note is beautiful and i want one.... I think... LOL

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Im trying to get a note 2 rightnow. The sellers are waiting on me to respond and i got somebody that wanna buy my S3 rightnow for $450 cash in hand. But trust me this MOAR ROM that just came out and updated to 4.1.2 makes it hard to get rid of. I've been stalling the seller and the buyer for 3days now lol. I thought i wanted a Note2 lol. I just dont know. I'm the only flasher in my circle so my phone looks totally different from all my friends and family members. They stay jealous, and i love it. I have rooted 8 Note 2s for friends but havent decided to get one yet. I convinced myself that i dont need Voice and Data at the sametime because the only time im using both is when im at home and i have Charter 100 megs for that. I will never get LTE because mines flashed to another carrier plus Sprint hasnt released LTE in St. Louis.

I wish i had the skills to do development. I applaud all developers of all kinds because I love their work. Ish not easy. Like I said I have played with alot of Note2s but this S3... GOD! I'm going to continue to look around in the Note2 forums and see what i like because the Note is beautiful and i want one.... I think... LOL

I Came from the S3 to this amazing Device It is So much better than the S3 . I Could not imangine not having it . Make the Jump You'll love it

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

sekigah84

Jan 14, 2009
New York City
i wish our note 2's had as much love form developers as the s3 does the got so many roms to choose from compared to us.

I just came from the S3. I am telling you right now, there is no comparison.

First the phone itself is SUPERIOR in almost every way except the storage space. Coming from a 32 GB and having my phone loaded with apps, this is a huge downer. Can't really say much about the processor. They did speed tests with the Enyxos 4 vs the Snapdragon. Obviously the Enyxos 4 was faster but not by much. I don't see much of a difference.

Secondly, all the Touchwiz ROMs that I've used on the S3 are no different than what I see here except for the themes. CM10.1 is supported on the Note 2 as it is with the S3 as well as AOKP and a few others.

There is no difference except you have a better phone. Be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: E-POUND and ac16313

laffer98

Dec 2, 2010
more owners

Time will heal that as more and more people migrate to a great phone and then they will want to make it better!

E-POUND

Sep 26, 2010
STL
I Came from the S3 to this amazing Device It is So much better than the S3 . I Could not imangine not having it . Make the Jump You'll love it

Just sold my S3. The seller of the Note 2 got tired of waiting on me and their not answering my calls anymore so i bout a brandnew Note 2 off ebay today. It will arrive by the 4th. I cant wait to get it in my hands! Yall have me excited!

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Just sold my S3. The seller of the Note 2 got tired of waiting on me and their not answering my calls anymore so i bout a brandnew Note 2 off ebay today. It will arrive by the 4th. I cant wait to get it in my hands! Yall have me excited!

You're gonna love it man. I put this thing next to an s3 last night and couldn't believe how much it towered over it lol! Not to mention wait until you see the speed. I'm coming from the s2 so the difference is quite amazing. I bet you'll see a difference from the s3 though too.

Reactions: E-POUND

rbelthazor

Feb 22, 2013
Sao Paulo
Are you talking about something specific like ROMs?
Note 2 will never be as popular as S3 because of its size, in my opinion..
But I'm very happy with it :)

jamice4u

I am currently using the Mackentosh Allstars 3.0 Rom this Rom gives me everything I will ever need and with the custom theming and the Dpi per app mod in some ways makes Touch just as good as Cyanogenmod when you take into account the stable radio and camera of Touchwiz. The only thing I miss is tablet mod.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: mackentosh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's see....

Official CM 10.1? Check.
    TWRP? Check
    CWM? N7100 works but I'm working on a L900 specific one now.
    AOSP builds? Quite a few unofficials out there as well.
    TW themed ROMs? Also quite a few out there.

Not sure what you're looking for... but chances are it's here or on the way if requested.
    Ummm our n2 already has great support and leaks...

Plus that phone has been out longer.....

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss
    -Galaxy Note II Edition
    I think we have more than enough everything here. We have numerous AOSP roms, numerous TW roms, numerous mods and also leaked roms.
    A lot will change whenever we get an OTA. Hopefully soon.