LTE FIX!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

prabjeetmaan

Aug 1, 2012
As u know that with latest android update 4.2.2 Google turn off the lte access. No worries

It just the radios so just roll back to previous radios .33 or .24

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2087227

Just go to this thread and download the modems and flash in recovery and guess what lte is back.....

Standard procedure I'm not responsible for any damage..

And don't forget to hit thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

lobrau

Jan 20, 2012
Ottawa
I just finished doing this myself. It works, you just need to flash the 4.2.1 radio .33 over top of 4.2.2 and it works fine;)

prabjeetmaan

Aug 1, 2012
well thats kind of common sense to be honest.
not really a fix but a workaround

Even I know that too easy and common sense I just wanna keep things simple and clear that's it...and also wanna thanks to the efrant for the modems.

And yes it worked for me but I haven't test the speed so if any one tested plz upload it here thks

Last edited:

prabjeetmaan

Aug 1, 2012
Here we go....lte is back.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360844625617.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360844625617.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 8,051
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360844636755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360844636755.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7,086

diablos991

Mar 14, 2010
As u know that with latest android update 4.2.2 Google turn off the lte access. No worries

Just go to this thread and download the modems and flash in recovery and guess what lte is back.....

Rolling back to the .33 radio on 4.2.2 broke phone call volume.
Returning to .48 fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

lexcyn

Apr 4, 2010
Sudbury
Fixed the media scanner bug, there's an important one in itself. :good:

I'm talking about the baseband update, not the actual 4.2.2 OS update. I've updated to 4.2.2 but downgraded the baseband, which has nothing to do with the media scanner bug.

I'm wondering what specific improvements/changes were made in the new baseband.

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
I'm talking about the baseband update, not the actual 4.2.2 OS update. I've updated to 4.2.2 but downgraded the baseband, which has nothing to do with the media scanner bug.

I'm wondering what specific improvements/changes were made in the new baseband.

Ohh, erm, **** knows.

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
Finding mine locks onto 3G better, slightly better signal, less battery usage.

I wouldn't go back to .33, even if there were LTE services in my area... I bought the phone knowing it wasn't a 4G phone, so I have lost nothing.

lexcyn

Apr 4, 2010
Sudbury
Finding mine locks onto 3G better, slightly better signal, less battery usage.

I wouldn't go back to .33, even if there were LTE services in my area... I bought the phone knowing it wasn't a 4G phone, so I have lost nothing.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to use the newer baseband... LTE service here is amazing, and I am talking a huge difference (HSPA+ DC I get around 8mbps and 120ms ping, where with LTE I get over 40mbps and 18ms ping). Not sure if I want to give that up!!

Reactions: subxero123

subxero123

Aug 17, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to use the newer baseband... LTE service here is amazing, and I am talking a huge difference (HSPA+ DC I get around 8mbps and 120ms ping, where with LTE I get over 40mbps and 18ms ping). Not sure if I want to give that up!!

I'm not even gonna update, I have no problems with 4.2.1 and I love LTE!

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010

The network could quite easily lock out your phone at any time anyway, as each handset identifies itself on LTE, so they only have to put a block on N4 ID strings, if they wanted to and use the non-approved card...

prabjeetmaan

Aug 1, 2012
Rolling back to the .33 radio on 4.2.2 broke phone call volume.
Returning to .48 fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have no such issue, I'm using stock ROM and kernel. Anybody have any issue like this plz report but I can't access the GPS so can body help me in that plz.

And diabloss991 try other old radios may they fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It suck big time. Especially since you buy something knowing LTE can be turned on and then the company that made a device that's so open to everyone, now makes an update specifically fuking up the LTE.
    This is exactly what Apple would do, nice going Google

They should have done this right away in 4.2.1
    FCC is America, they sell these phones all over the world, it's not my problem you have FCC, I don;t live in USA.

How is it possible? Only thing I know is to go back to .33. Problem if new radio's come out with better reception and such, I don;t want to use .33 for ever, this is not what the phone was bought for. If LTE was stoped in 4.2.1, I would have reconsidered the purchase.

Google never advertised the Nexus 4 had LTE, so stop whining.
    well thats kind of common sense to be honest.
    not really a fix but a workaround
    Which setting do I use when I go to the phone info panel? I'm thinking LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)? And would I have to change the APN settings? If so, to what? I have T-Mobile.

***T-Mobile Nexus 4 APN Settings***

Name: T-Mobile US LTE

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN type: default,supl,mms

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    Go yourself of dude, I am not wining.

Google advertised the phone as Unlocked and Open, XDA and other such are advertisement for them too, if 4.2.1 had no LTE and there where no threads saying "Nexus has LTE" wo hooo, then no one will buy it.

this phone is 4 processor, ok 2 RAM, nothing special in few month there will be 3-4 phones with better hardware.
    the thing was this is straight android OTA and modding openness, and boom first update contradicts the opennes.

Again I don;t care for FCC not my fault you live in America, this is completely unfare to consumers. If you wanna be a wimp, they sure I am wining.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Maybe you got a happy bonus, but I read thing before buying it, I new I can get LTE. I would have waited Galaxy 5/Note 3 or something else next year.
    This phone just became no better then another android device, you don;t care Google just raped us it's your opinion, but I don;t appreciate updates that make my phone worth. Only Apple did that, where my phone would work worth then with previous IOS

While this may be your opinion, I bought the Nexus 4 last week with full knowledge of no LTE. I am coming from an LTE phone in fact and did it anyway. I had no illusion that I would have LTE. I knew some people had 'hacked' the phone to add LTE, and Google's update broke that hack. It is more likely they didn't go in directly trying to close LTE but instead they tried to fix something else and this was a casualty. But this isn't Google's fault, that hardware was never intended to work. If you bought it based on someone hacking the phone then you should be perfectly happy to run older radios. Google left it open enough for you to run the older package but don't expect Google to cater to the people hacking the phone to force hardware to work that was never intended to be used.

I can certainly respect the fact that you are upset, and you don't like it, but buying a phone based on someone's hack versus on actual product specs is asking for trouble.