Illumination Bar ideas for Apps/Mods

Search This thread

donk165

I have had a few ideas on how the illumination bar could be used in some apps for our phone.

Idea 1. Bar lights up in response to button presses on the navigation bar, have a slow fade/pulse as the buttons are pressed and have a glowing pulse if the Google button is brought up and pressed. This could be extended so whenever the screen is touched, the LEDs on the bar light up and follow the finger movements along the screen when on the homescreen or launcher.

Idea 2. An app to link the color detection from Walkman app to other music players with color effects like Poweramp, even if it just used the existing glow effects in Poweramp and just matched the colors to the LED's. I just want to have light effects without having to open up U-Disco and set it up each time I listen to music.

If anyone wants to try these, go for it ;)

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Both ideas looks nice but I am not sure if it's possible. Root and perhaps deodex are needed to even begin creating a script for these two ideas..

MagicMagicD

Jun 12, 2013
Both ideas looks nice but I am not sure if it's possible. Root and perhaps deodex are needed to even begin creating a script for these two ideas..

It looks like you can use an AccessibilityService to receive notification about gestures and key events (including the home, back, etc. keys). That said, accessibility services do have the caveat that only the first to register for a given type of event is notified, so if someone had a screen reader for example, it may not work, or worse still, it may stop the screen reader from working.

As for making other apps use the illumination bar, the API is public so any developers can add functionality to their app to use it. Also, open source apps or those with plugin interfaces could potentially be extended to add the functionality...