XtremeGuard screen protector

Search This thread

GReddySetGO

Jul 22, 2007
I've used many different kinds of screen protectors in the past, and this time I tried XtremeGuard which I found on eBay. The cost was only $2.50 shipped. I must say hands down, this is the best screen protector I have used.

Other kinds I've used in the past were a thin hard plastic, kind of like a clear overhead sheet, but thinner and sticky on one side. These were not good IMO, because they make the touchscreens less sensitive and since they were hard, the edges would start to peel first and it would be all downhill from there.

The XtremeGuard is a more stretchy film material, kind of like 3M clear bra, or the kind you would find on a car. Its got a nice grippy rubber feel to it, which I actually like. Its "softer" so it sticks better to the screen.

I used a mild soapy water solution to put it on, and at first was kind of concerned with my results. Some areas were cloudy, there were some visible bubbles and when the screen was on it looked all rainbow cuz of the water trapped inside. After a couple days though, all the moisture evaporated, the cloudiness cleared up and all the bubbles were gone. I was left with a perfectly crystal clear screen that adhered all the way around, even on the edges. You would not be able to tell there was a screen protector on here (I have the OEM HTC silicone skin that covers the edges as well so you can't see the edge of the screen protector). The touchscreen works perfectly, and the screen protector does not interfere at all.

The screen protector was the exact size of the screen, perfect cut. Which is good, but makes it challenging to install, if you're off by a tiny bit, the screen protector will stick off the screen and that will be prone to peeling up later on. So take your time during the install to ensure its on there straight and perfectly. I started from the top where the speaker is and lined it up around those lines, and used a credit card to press it down and get as many bubbles out as I could. If this is your first time installing a screen protector, I would suggest getting 2-3 to make sure you get it right. At only $2.50ea, you really can't go wrong here. I'm 100% satisfied.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XtremeGUARD...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item35a9e73eed

I would also like to note that I do not work for, or am in any way affiliated with XtremeGuard at all. I simply tried their product, and I liked it, so I'm leaving my feedback here.

Merckle

Dec 18, 2007
Greenville
I have tried it, but it is like a mm to long on top to bottom. And it was like 2mm to short in width.

That was my experience. Could be wrong for everyone.

GReddySetGO

Jul 22, 2007
I like mine, it fits perfectly. Doesn't stick over the edge and covers the whole thing. Mine was a perfect fit, not too long or short on any sides.

I'll try to get some pics up later when I get the chance

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
Man, I want to order it so bad, but with Otterbox covers around the corner, I think its a little waste of money.. :S

admorris

Jun 8, 2010
Any tackiness or stickiness with this protector? I'm currently using Phatom Skinz and love it, but I'm always looking around for something that may potentially be even better...especially with a price like this. How about orange peel?

thanks,
Alan

GReddySetGO

Jul 22, 2007
There is a very slight tackiness with this screen protector, but I actually like it. It gives a good feel when typing. It might interfere with pong or some other games where you need to move your finger really fast, but that doesn't really apply to me.

No orange peel, or any peeling at all for that matter.