[ROM] [XXKI3] LeoMar75 Rom Revolution v2.7.1 - Kitchen App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
cool thx.. maybe u cud remove that from the rom and include gps quick fix application (free) ..wud make thinsg easier for ppl not in uk.. :) it does the same thing as it has a list of server pools.. just my opinion..
Thanks

PseudoReal

Feb 21, 2006
Ok after I have restarted, it seems as the problem with GoLauncher is gone.

One other topic - while I am in the contacts app and click on a contact and then on "history" (I dont know what the tab is called in english, but its the second tab from left.

This tab is always empty. It does not show call logs, SMS, emails, etc I had with this contact. Anybody else having this?

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
Ok after I have restarted, it seems as the problem with GoLauncher is gone.

One other topic - while I am in the contacts app and click on a contact and then on "history" (I dont know what the tab is called in english, but its the second tab from left.

This tab is always empty. It does not show call logs, SMS, emails, etc I had with this contact. Anybody else having this?

i wonder why ppl dont read..hehe its meant to be like that

read the first post..changelogs :)

tonysac

Jul 15, 2010
At last i managed and installed new kernel version Leomar (thank you) and flashed it...
Micro lags in adw ex im using came back:(
I don't know why maybe because new kernel version is still under test..anyway went back to lulz:rolleyes:
This kernel with your rom and tegrak's app fits better on my phone..:cool:

LeoMar75

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Apr 20, 2011
Pescara
At last i managed and installed new kernel version Leomar (thank you) and flashed it...
Micro lags in adw ex im using came back:(
I don't know why maybe because new kernel version is still under test..anyway went back to lulz:rolleyes:
This kernel with your rom and tegrak's app fits better on my phone..:cool:

It's recomended to wipe dalvik cache before to install a new kernel!

LeoMar75

Apr 20, 2011
Pescara
Great work and great ROM, thanks !!! :D

Can I ask how to run cifs ?

I tried to load the cifs.ko module but it didn't work :

Maybe it's not working in the stable v2.1 kernel ? maybe it's working with the beta kernel currently tested ?

Thanks for your help !!

I will double check it with angelom

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Szaby_88

Aug 10, 2009
Leo quick question ...
I have been trying out different offline navigation software ... two of which are still installed. (Navigon and Sygic)

Now every time I use either one ... then I fully charge my battery for some reason I have x% used battery by those two applications. Al thought they have not been switched on after the full charge.. both have them same % used battery. (Now this is after I have done a full charge and without actually turning those on).

Incidentally my phone is always awake. (this is the wakelock right?) Before you ask; I have set the setCpu 500mhz to screen off. The normal settings are between 200 and 1200.

Is there some kind of system runtime that interfaces with the navigation software that could cause this?

Edit: ehm ... those % used battery is actually increasing. A few minutes ago it was 3% .. now it's already 5%

Last edited:

LeoMar75

Apr 20, 2011
Pescara
Finally, after a while, i modded the lockscreen in order lo launch the following app:

Move up: MMS
Move left: Camera
Move down: Phone dialer
Move right: unlock

Download link

Installable on CWM, no wipe needed!

I will release docs for devs (advanced user) so if you want you can try to modify it by yourself!

As usual i'd like to share some devs stuff with you:
I disassembled (baksmali) the android.policy.odex file.
I studied the code and i was able to hack this code accordly
I smali the android.policy in order to have the Dalvik executable (dex) deodexed file!

At this point things become hard! :mad:

As my framework is odexed i spent a lot of time to manage it to work!
Basically after i wrote a wrapper script, i was able to re-odex back android.policy

Now few devs know that if we change a odex file we will break everything and our phone won't boot! Infact the signature of the new odex file is not compatible with the other framework files

That's because dalvik enforces this by storing a checksum of each file that the odex file is dependent on, and ensuring that the checksum for each file matches when the odex file is loaded.

In order to solve this problem i copied, by using an hex editor, signature bytes from the original android.policy.odex file! :D:D

I know i am so boring when i try to explain technical stuff with my poor english :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: PseudoReal

tonysac

Jul 15, 2010
Finally, after a while, i modded the lockscreen in order lo launch the following app:

Move up: MMS
Move left: Camera
Move down: Phone dialer
Move right: unlock

Download link

Installable on CWM, no wipe needed!

I will release docs for devs (advanced user) so if you want you can try to modify it by yourself!

As usual i'd like to share some devs stuff with you:

I know i am so boring when i try to explain technical stuff with my poor english :eek:

Works fine thanks for this!

Sent from Galaxy!

kryptoner

Apr 24, 2011
move up - mms? oh sms was what I was waiting for... anyways , thanks a lot... will try it now

LeoMar75

Apr 20, 2011
Pescara
SMS/MMS is the same App as far as I remember :)

Thanks LeoMar, will Try when I am at home. Nice Job :)

That's correct. Anyhow now i need to take a break :D

I am working to a new release maybe based on XXKG2.

I am also planning to built the first custom ROM completely ODEXED because it's not true at all that we need to have a deodexed rom in order to customize theme, apps, mods,....

Also i totally agree with this post dropt by AdamG:
I was trying to refrain from posting until I saw this, deodexing the filesystem brings only 1 benefit and that is for themers.

There is more benefits for keeping the filesystem as odex and any developer should be aware of this.
Quicker initial bootups of custom ROMs
Less memory is consumed
Less storage used in /data due to the fact that pre-optimised dex files are stored on /system already

Yes you can accept a slightly smaller data partition due to the fact the SGS2 has 2GB and the initial boot is a 1 time thing, however de-odexed apps/framework will always consume slightly more memory.

De-odexing is not a method of optimizing an OEM image and that is just blaintant rubbish.

There is reasons as to why OEMs choose not to de-odex factory installed ROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW THREAD - Leo & Check's CheckROM Revolution V1.0 XXKI4 (2.3.5)|NEW KITCHEN PRO APP|

I am pleased to present my Revolution Custom ROM!
    you will notice something special in my ROM as the RevolutionRom Kitchen App - Build your Rom as you wish! :confused:

4c7eb712d1d38bf4c699b71bcd162ecc.gif

(new) Video review 2.5 (in italian)

Revolution Rom v2.7.1 Base
    • Based on the latest firmware XXKI3 Gingerbread 2.3.5
    • Fully deodexed thanks to Brightidea & JesusFreke for fixing smali/baksmali tools
    • Kernel CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KI3-v4.1
    • Arabic support + RTL reading/writing + Samsung Keypad and Swype (available in the Kitchen)
    • Overscroll glow (by default)
    • Revolution boot animation + custom sound
    • Revolution Wallpaper Chooser
    • SIP over wifi and 3g
    • HTC headset support
    • Extended power menu (it's not customizable since i am waiting for the new Jkay v11 release)
    • Init.d Scripts Optimizzation (added Juwe11's Ram Tweaks)
    • Enhanced Buid.prop config (new tweaks..)
    • Google Talk with Video (Kitchen app)
    • Multi CSC (XEU, XEO, XEF, KOR, ITV, DBT, CPW)
    • CRT Screen off animation fixed
    • muveszur's Mms.apk mod
    • * no auto converting messages to MMS after 4 SMS.
    • * possible to add to the message 200 contacts instead of 20 contacts.
    • * display sent time instead of the received time (as option on Rev. App)
    • Samsung apps/widgets have been removed
    • Quick fix GPS Europe (for other Countries please use FasterFix application)
    • WiFi supplicant scan interval has been increased to minimize battery drain. This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points, but none are in range.
    • Proximity sensors delay (reduced), changed the time it takes for "black screen" during calls to go away after removing device from face.
    • Dalvik Virtual Machine enhanced configs

RevolutionRom Kitchen App - Build your Rom as you wish!
    Brand new Kitchen Plus App has been developed (second post for further details)

Special thanks to these guys to share their knowledge: geistteufel & hunhool (Server Hosting), nikademus (FuguTweaks), kahvitahra (Custom Date Format and DT Tweaks porting), potatoman, _JKay_, juffo, socket84, mobilegalaxy, Zheiko, KLoNe1, lynx2k50, scheichvwe, jazzor, saturn_de.
    (If i left you out please let me know and i will add you in the list. Please leave a comment if you'd like to have a donate link in my page)

How to install - Use RevolutionROM Kitchen

Note
    • Make sure you have the latest Revolution Rom kitchen running in your phone
    • It may happen that after a package has been installed from the Revolution Kitchen Pro app, on the first boot you phone hangs at the Revolution logo, just long press power button and restart your phone!
    • I'd like to point out that i am not responsible for any issue with your phone! Also it's highly recommended to backup efs folder before to start playing with your phone!

Download - LeoMar75 Rom XXKI3 v2.7.1 Revolution CORE BASE
    Use the Revolution Kitchen Pro in order to automatically download and install any new incoming Roms version! :cool:

Are you coming from another ROM?
    No worries, make sure you have a CWM Recovery and use the RevolutionRom Kitchen

If you have some problem you can also use the following links:
    LeoMar75 Rom XXKI3 v2.7.1 Revolution CORE BASE
    Mirror#1

Note:
    This is not a full wipe ROM, you won't lose apps, accounts, WiFi passwords, sms, etc
    However is hightly recommended a full backup of your system!

Troubleshooting
    Nothing so far
    Brand New Kitchen Pro Application has been developed my me!
    Version: v1.1
    updated on 10/12/2011 8.20 PM

Screenshoots:

sc20110910140736.png
    sc20110910140743.png

sc20110910140758.png
    sc20110910140814.png

sc20110910140840.png
    sc20110910140857.png

sc20110910140921.png
    sc20110910141001.png

sc20110910145420.png
    sc20110910145331.png

sc20110910145342.png
    sc20110910141243.png

sc20110911220358.png
    sc20110911220308.png

ROM Changelogs

Changelog v2.7.1
    • Installation script has been fixed (issue with some permission)
    • Fixed "su" (problem with TI Backup and superuser 3.0)
    • Removed tweaks in build.prop for WiFi (in accorder to me this tweaks results in bad signal) also removed some DalvikVirtualMachine config:
      Code:
      dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
      dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
    • Fixed issues with black screen on Application FC (hopefully we do not have anymore FC for phone and so on)
    • Fixed the Login issue with Stock Samsung Email
    • I can't remember other stuff i have modified...

ROM Changelogs

Changelog v2.7
    • Based on the latest firmware XXKI3 Gingerbread 2.3.5
    • Fully deodexed thanks to Brightidea & JesusFreke for fixing smali/baksmali tools
    • Kernel CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KI3-v4.1
    • Arabic support + RTL reading/writing + Samsung Keypad and Swype (available in the Kitchen)
    • Overscroll glow (by default)
    • Revolution boot animation + custom sound
    • Revolution Wallpaper Chooser
    • SIP over wifi and 3g
    • Added back USB HOST and USB OTG (this wasn't included on the 2.3.5 OS)
    • HTC headset support
    • Extended power menu (it's not customizable since i am waiting for the new Jkay v11 release)
    • Init.d Scripts Optimizzation (added Juwe11's Ram Tweaks)
    • Enhanced Buid.prop config (new tweaks..)
    • Google Talk with Video (Kitchen app)
    • CRT Screen off animation fixed
    • muveszur's Mms.apk mod
      * no auto converting messages to MMS after 4 SMS.
      * possible to add to the message 200 contacts instead of 20 contacts.
      * display sent time instead of the received time (as option on Rev. App)
    • Samsung apps/widgets have been removed
    • Quick fix GPS Europe (for other Countries please use FasterFix application)
    • WiFi supplicant scan interval has been increased to minimize battery drain. This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points, but none are in range.
    • Proximity sensors delay (reduced), changed the time it takes for "black screen" during calls to go away after removing device from face.

ROM Changelogs

Changelog v2.6
    • Based on the latest firmware XXKH3 Gingerbread 2.3.4
    • Added cf-root KH1 Kernel as default
    • Proximity sensors delay, changed the time it takes for "black screen" during calls to go away after removing device from face.
    • Arabic support + RTL reading/writing
    • Overscroll glow
    • Extended power menu (it's not customizable since i am waiting for the new Jkay v8.1 release)
    • Plus everythings you can see to the kitchen Revolution App

Changelog v2.5
    • Added angelom Tundkernel 22 (it supports ntfs usb mount like cf-root)
    • Added BLN control for stock Samsung Mms
    • Added XEU CSC
    • Added modules for ntfs external drive mounting support
    • Added scripts for mounting and unmounting ntfs usb drive
    • Added GscriptLite app (needed for mount and unmount)
    • Added Revolution theme v3 Circular battery mod with support for EDT Tweaks
    • Included EDT Tweaks,BLN Control, Jkey Theme settings in /data/app
    • Reverted back home wakeup..
    • Enabled sip voip by default
    • installation script has been modified it won't wipe your batterystats even if this rom is fullwipe!
    • Added Samsung keyboard with 'all' available languages.. (still working on it :mad:)
    • Fixed Jkay Themesettings app, now you won't loose settings after reboot!

Changelog v2.4
    • Based on the latest firmware XXKG6 Gingerbread 2.3.4
    • ninphetamine Kernel 2.0.2
    • Multi CSC added
    • Revolution themed
    • New JKAY ThemeSettings V7 app is fully supported!
    • Lockscreen (AOSP JKAY Deluxe, Samsung stock, Glass Deluxe)
    • Fully customizable Extended Power Menu
    • Revolution Bootanimation + sound (thanks to Zheiko)
    • Added working OpenVPN support (now it works with Ninphetamine-2.0.2 Kernel)
    • Added working wpa-supplicant ad-hoc
    • Added VOIP for Wifi
    • Removed Samsung Apps/Widgets
    • Stock Phone.apk
    • muveszur's Mms.apk mod
    • * no auto converting messages to MMS after 4 SMS.
    • * possible to add to the message 200 contacts instead of 20 contacts.
    • * display sent time instead of the received time (as option on Rev. App)
    • Bluetooth audio fix
    • Added mod to support HTC headphones
    • CRT Screen Off fixed
    • Init.d Scripts Optimizzation
    • GTalk with Video Working!

Changelog v2.2
    -Based on the new XXKG2 firmware
    -Fully ODEXED Rom!! ( super fast and less memory compared to the deodexed one)
    -Framework has been optimized and compressed
    -New Angelom Kernel 10.0 (changelog ASAP)
    -Added Call rec Mod
    -Fixed CRT-Screen off (pixelated Animation)
    -Fixed Extended status toggle bar (text displayed over icons)
    -Modded stock Loockscreen (camera, Mms/Sms, Dialer, unlock)
    -Complete Silent Camera
    -OpenVPN is working now
    -Reverted to old Market version (the new one is laggy and has still some problem)
    -Added all features as per XXKG1 (v2.1)

Changelog v2.1
    Initial release! (on XDA ;) )
    Guys, i am working with checkrom team, we are building the new CheckRom Revolution v1.0 based on the official firmware XXKI8.

That's why i am not online so often, i am spending a lot of time on configuring server stuffs, modifying the application and coordinate the work with my new team!

The good new is that we will be ready in a couple of days to release the new ROM.

The Kitchen pro app will work with the new Checkrom Revolution, and a new thread will be created on this forum section!

Leo.
    I think you already know that i made an agreement with CheckROM Team!
    We will work togheter for every new incoming ROM.

We have two guys working on themes, one guy working on kernel, and another guy working on ROM (smali code, Mods ,..).

My position will be something close to a "Supervisor" i will go through every Mod, config, theme, kernel in order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity :cool:
    Guys, as you you already know i am developing a brand new kitchen app. This time no anybodyelse is involved in this project... So i started to code from zero.. I am not reusing old kitchen app code.

This kitchen app is super fast, with an amazing usability due to the revamped UI.
    No hang on start, no black screen, it use advanced pattern for handle everything you do with it. In addition it use cache for showing last menu info when you are not connected to internet. The kitchen will display items to be download from internet or items already stored in your sdcard (i.e. Already downloaded in the past). Also for image preview it use async task so you can see theme info page while the image is loading from internet.
    It will be possible pinch to zoom on the preview image. Other views have been added to display straight away current items marked for download. There will be further info about each package and where available a clickable web link to the original thread.

I am working on an advanced download manager that allows you to download packages contemporanly.

Now i have in my hand a early pre-alpha release with few features, but i am pretty sure we will have a beta release in 7 days.

I am working 14 hour per days on this project and as usual this app will be a revolution.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk