ASUS Transformer TF300T-B1-BL

Search This thread

safarigirl

Mar 15, 2012
If interested in the 300T you might want to check out amazon. The product page has the alert me option active. The 700 is most likely next in line. (fingers crossed)

Unfortunately since I'm new I cannot post links.

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit to add :
Asus Transformer Pad TF300 Review
by MobileTechReview

Last edited:

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
Here is the Specs from the site.... One question I thought the T300 would only have 16Gb storage... This states 32Gb.

Product Features and Technical Details
Product Features

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core Processor
10.1-inch LED screen
32GB SSD, 1 GB DIMM

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

Processor: 1.2 GHz Tegra 3.0

Hard Drive

Size: 32 GB
Speed: 10000 rpm

Cases and Expandability

Size (LWH): 10.35 inches, 0.39 inches, 7.12 inches
Weight: 1.4 pounds

Power

Battery Type: Nonstandard Battery

Wireless

Wireless Type: 802.11bgn

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011
Here is the Specs from the site.... One question I thought the T300 would only have 16Gb storage... This states 32Gb.

Product Features and Technical Details
Product Features

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core Processor
10.1-inch LED screen
32GB SSD, 1 GB DIMM

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

Processor: 1.2 GHz Tegra 3.0

Hard Drive

Size: 32 GB
Speed: 10000 rpm

Cases and Expandability

Size (LWH): 10.35 inches, 0.39 inches, 7.12 inches
Weight: 1.4 pounds

Power

Battery Type: Nonstandard Battery

Wireless

Wireless Type: 802.11bgn

Speed 10000rpm? A spinning drive? I think amazon is trippin

opentoe

Dec 5, 2011
Jeeez man, it's the damn Prime hidden in a blue shell with a working BT/WIFI card! I don't see a screen resolution but if it is the same as the Prime then this IS a Prime with bugs fixed. DAMN you Asus.

fixyourtech

Dec 27, 2011
Milwaukee
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5588/the-asus-transformer-pad-300-series

ASUS%20Transformer%20Pad_TF300_575px.jpg

The shell is plastic instead of metal so the wifi should get a better signal hopefully

bluewr

Jan 9, 2012
Trying to fit the logic here...how in the world would that make it better...?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

The all metal blocks RD signal, thus reducing Wifi and GPS capabalities(As can be seen in various topic where people opened their prime)

The Plastic Shell of the T300 and Plastic strip on top of TF Infinity should address the All metal back of the Prime.

safarigirl

Mar 15, 2012
Jeeez man, it's the damn Prime hidden in a blue shell with a working BT/WIFI card! I don't see a screen resolution but if it is the same as the Prime then this IS a Prime with bugs fixed. DAMN you Asus.

@yhzhrm - thanks for adding the link!

The 300T is probably actually the TF201.2 dialed down a smidge (16GB & plastic vs. metal back) for conversation/lawsuit and the infinity is more the TF301 thanks to the improved glass & resolution. :) At least that's my initial impression.

I returned my primes (#1 a dud, #2 was worse than #1) along with the dock. Purchased the TF101 instead and am very happy with it. I plan to purchase the infinity when/if it is released with good feedback. Also picked up a samsung galaxy tab+ as a reader and boy is that thing amazing.

I love toys! But they must work as described or it's a quick phone call for an RMA. I do not have the patience for buggy appliances.

Last edited:

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
The all metal blocks RD signal, thus reducing Wifi and GPS capabalities(As can be seen in various topic where people opened their prime)

The Plastic Shell of the T300 and Plastic strip on top of TF Infinity should address the All metal back of the Prime.

Yes, but you're not removing the metal shell like the 700 aims to do with a hybrid. The replacement of the full metal shell with a black&tan option essentially actually makes sense (albeit extremely unattractive, but makes sense). Simply replacing some of the density of the model with plastic will take away from the thickness and still present a close-to-card metal shell. The 201 is the thinnest on the market, and frankly it feels good saying that it's thinner and lighter than the iPad. The thickness of the 300 is greater than the iPad 2. This is all important for those of us that have functioning Wifi strengths.

Also, F*** plastic cases. I didn't buy a Fisher-Price tablet so it shouldn't feel like one.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
NEWS FLASH PEOPLE..lol. the FCC document showing this device, TF-300T and diagram clearly states wifi/BT share the same antennae and effect each other when used at the same time. So don't expect BT and wifi being used at the same time to be any better than prime. strange how we do have people who owns primes where it works fine for them simultaneously. even streaming audio and watching moving through internet by wifi connection.

quote from FCC on tf-300t

" (2) BT & WLAN can’t work simultaneously, thus simultaneous mode is no need."

here is the FCC website source for you to look. its the Exhibit type RF exposure info. its the PDF file 3rd from the bottom. sorry to burst some bubbles on this.
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...application_id=502076&fcc_id='MSQTF300TNH615'

also new Infinity pad aka tf-700 will have exact same metal backing as the prime. except for a plastic strip up top.

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Whatever, at only 399 I'll take it over the 599 for the "infinity"

nothing wrong with that. that's why Asus is bringing different price options. some may not need all the bells n whistles of infinity pad. I still think prime best value for the most features but the TF-300 will be a good device also. I love all the diffent colors like the blue and white one.

don't forget Asus is also bringing out a 7in. tablet which will be even cheaper. will have a built in pen also. its called the Memo. Then you have the rumored Google Nexus 7in. tablet to be creates by Asus with tegra3 in it.

I really like the Asus Padfone. its 3-1. Transforms from a phone into a tablet into a netbook.

safarigirl

Mar 15, 2012
Whatever, at only 399 I'll take it over the 599 for the "infinity"

You know I am looking at the specs and the new red color and thinking the exact same!! I kept my prime accessories because i planned to purchase the new model (after bugs sorted) anyway. And Ive noticed the 300T has the exact same measurements as the prime so all is good.

The TF101 is also a plastic case and is quite strong. It looks great and works as described!

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
nothing wrong with that. that's why Asus is bringing different price options. some may not need all the bells n whistles of infinity pad. I still think prime best value for the most features but the TF-300 will be a good device also. I love all the diffent colors like the blue and white one.

don't forget Asus is also bringing out a 7in. tablet which will be even cheaper. will have a built in pen also. its called the Memo. Then you have the rumored Google Nexus 7in. tablet to be creates by Asus with tegra3 in it.

I really like the Asus Padfone. its 3-1. Transforms from a phone into a tablet into a netbook.

Blue and white? Really? Eww.

The Padfone is nice, but you'll be tied to whatever carrier picks it up. In the US, I'd bet money it's crappy Hitler-like AT&T. Pass.

I'll also pass on 7 inchers. I've seen the greatness that is the 10 incher and don't see a need for something exactly between my phone and tablet. If you don't own either, I guess it makes sense, but I wouldn't recommend a 7 incher to someone without both for many reasons.

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
Don't forget Asus is also bringing out a 7in. tablet which will be even cheaper. will have a built in pen also. its called the Memo. Then you have the rumored Google Nexus 7in. tablet to be creates by Asus with tegra3 in it.

Umm wasnt the memo getting scraped and in its place the Google NExus.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

And Ive noticed the 300T has the exact same measurements as the prime so all is good.

Actually the TF300T is thicker slightly..

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
It shows a 32gb so is this still $399? Thats a great deal if it is. Just like some of us that got our primes for 399 at hhgregg.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Our video comparison between the Asus TF300 and Acer A510 is live now: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=42546

A really close race!

Lisa from MTR
    Ok guys (and gals),

I'm ready to try and root this sucker! It's just running way to slow and jumpy in areas. As I said in a previous message, I'm going to try and do a factory reset.

But I doubt that's going to help much, but who knows. However, I do need root like everyone else seems to want as well.

I don't care that much about custom roms, as long as I can get this to work like my phone does, which is very fast and no lag issues.

So if you guys have a found an easy step by step way to root, can you post a link to the exact steps I would need to take.

And maybe someone will offer to hold my hand if I run into an issue.

Thank you!

Rob

PS I did check and I'm already on version 26 not 17.

The basic steps for downgrading and rooting are this:

1. Make sure you have adb installed on your computer.

2. Download the US .17 firmware from asus:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS%20Transformer%20Pad%20TF300T&p=20&s=16&os=32

3. Extract the blob file from the firmware archive and copy it to the sdcard folder of your TF300.

4. Follow Wolf's downgrading guide Method 2:

Wolf's ultimate flash and downgrade guide (NO ROOT NEEDED) (root opportunity for .21) Eee Pad Transformer General

5. Dowload and install the SparkyRoot apk and follow the instructions:

[TOOL][APK ROOT]SparkyRoot Apk root method Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android Development

6. Open the Superuser app that should have been installed on your TF300 and verify it is working and you have root.

7. Install OTA Rootkeeper from the Play Store and use it to backup your root.

8. Go in to Settings, About tablet, System Firmware Update, and check for an update. You should be able to download and install the .26 update.

9. Run OTA Rootkeeper and restore your root.
    LOL, as a Prime owner myself, it's true. It's frustrating that they worked out so many of the kinks for this less expensive model. Amazing what 5 months of live and learn can do for a company (though we Prime owners might feel like beta testers).

- Lisa from MobileTechReview

>According to Lisa from MTR it does sit flush. Here is the link to the video review.

Clip embedded below for greater visibility.

As with MTR's other vid reviews, it's a comprehensive look. Suggested viewing for all except Prime users. :)

@safarigirl: Suggest embedding said MTR review link or clip into OP post for easier access.

Hello guys. Benchmark managed to get TF300T early, so I decided to do a short video presentation, just to let people know how smooth it is. I am open to questions, but be quick, don't know when I will be returning it.

http://youtu.be/4Io1gxDrSGw?hd=1, direct HD link.

We have both the Prime and the Asus 510 (I did the A510 video review mentioned a few posts back). The Prime's IPS+ display is higher contrast and it's a just a little warmer. The higher contrast makes it seem sharper. I was however impressed with the Acer A510's display-- they've really stepped up their game from previous tablets and it's quite good. But it is hard to beat the Prime's display for brightness and contrast. The Prime and new iPad display are my 2 favorites. We will do a smackdown video comparison between the Prime and Acer Iconia A510. Though the Acer falls between the Prime and Asus Transformer TF300 in price and features...