[ROM]-[22-APR-2012]-MikTouch-0.5-[Stock, Optimized Sense]

Search This thread

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Perhaps to satisfy most, doing the deodex, move the T-Mobile other apps to \system\apps where people can easily delete what they don't want, add beats/bravia. This would leave it "stock" but allow the user to debloat as they choose. Of course, I'd vote to leave Genius button alone. Is there an app that people could use to select the mapping of the Genius button, so people could choose for themselves what it does? Oh, and I'd leave the stock browser alone. People can always download alternative browsers if they don't want to use the stock one. But some of us depend on the stock browser working a certain way.

Well he is actually odexing the apks, after debloating some smali code in framework. Which will improve performance, as the ROM stand now its deodex.

I would think the apps would be easier to remove from data/app and not system/app.

I think ill make up a flashable for the remap of the Genius to search and he can change it back to stock in the ROM

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: JKILO

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Well he is actually odexing the apks, after debloating some smali code in framework. Which will improve performance, as the ROM stand now its deodex.

I would think the apps would be easier to remove from data/app and not system/app.

I think ill make up a flashable for the remap of the Genius to search and he can change it back to stock in the ROM

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2
I intended to type data/app, thanks for knowing what I meant. :D

Even without tweaking, the 1.63.531.2 stock ROM seems to be a very well-done effort from HTC. I find it very smooth and fast, and the best battery life of any Sense ROM I've ever tried (and I just prefer Sense, it works the way I want). An optional flash for the button reassignment would be excellent.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I intended to type data/app, thanks for knowing what I meant. :D

Even without tweaking, the 1.63.531.2 stock ROM seems to be a very well-done effort from HTC. I find it very smooth and fast, and the best battery life of any Sense ROM I've ever tried (and I just prefer Sense, it works the way I want). An optional flash for the button reassignment would be excellent.

All good, I figured you meant data/app, since you knew that their easier to remove that way. I'm with my family so I won't be able to do anything till tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

JKILO

Feb 7, 2011
Columbus
Ill have a 0.6 up today sometime..stock browser, debloated smali in framework tmobile apps in /data/app and I think that's it..been working a bit slow but getting there

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

Reactions: Emmanuel U

JKILO

Feb 7, 2011
Columbus
updated OP with new link for 0.7..0.6 was a crash and fail you guys never got..screen shot is still semi buggy..sometimes it works sometimes it just doesnt save the picture..that and dsp should definitely be fixed by next version just been busy

Reactions: Coug76

nlarge

Apr 20, 2007
I'll wait... 0.5 is perfect except for those 2 issues. If we could ever hack speaker volume that would be great. My mt4g is almost twice as loud

Crkr

Sep 3, 2010
Came to this from Primadonna. It is FAST! plus all the functionality that I missed using Prima, but I did love ICS. Great work

Udet

Jun 27, 2007
Just loaded this ROM, looks extremely reliable thus far. I loved Bulletproof but was getting a bit tired of green (still a great great rom though) Thanks for all your hard work

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
updated OP with new link for 0.7..0.6 was a crash and fail you guys never got..screen shot is still semi buggy..sometimes it works sometimes it just doesnt save the picture..that and dsp should definitely be fixed by next version just been busy
I'm in no hurry, I would rather have all the little niceties working well. I'm running the stock 1.63.531.2 right now but your MikTouch version will likely be my daily driver when it is ready, assuming it has normal Genius button action. :)

BTW, once I flash that, could I then just do a /data restore using MyBackup Pro (rooted) and get all my apps and customizations back?

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
BTW, once I flash that, could I then just do a /data restore using MyBackup Pro (rooted) and get all my apps and customizations back?

yep, you can. the only glitch I've found with Mybackup is that sometimes it will fail to restore all my app data, but instead it will take me thru the process of reinstalling all my apps one-by-one from my sdcard, minus the app data.... I haven't figured out why this happens sometimes, and I always choose to back up apks+data. but other than that, Mybackup is a good option, and always seems to work well for other data.

my favorite is doing a nandroid backup, and then doing an advanced data restore thru CWM once I have flashed my new ROM. in a couple threads in general we seem to have found that this works best with Modaco CWM 4.0.0.9.

Last edited:

cwalker29

May 5, 2009
Chicago
Really liking this rom. I haven't had a stable ics rom on this phone yet so I needed a change. This is it!! The only thing that's missing that I use alot is voice input. Like on the keyboard

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Top Liked Posts