[ROM]MIUI.us Weekly Release-MIUIv4.1 for Crespo4G[3.1.25]w/ Toolbox and WiMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chalan30

Nov 15, 2009
AUSTIN, TX
Yep.. Full wipe / factory reset. And got a zaomi sync fc (resolved by freezing it via tib) and fc in Android. process.acore (this is resolved by clearing data in contacts storage and contacts and dialer in manage apps. Just a work around of course.) These issues plus a kind of laggy lock screen are my only negative observations. Also is there any way to modify the lock screen targets?

Edit... Didn't read above posts. thanks OP! Not complaining here at all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
Yep.. Full wipe / factory reset. And got a zaomi sync fc (resolved by freezing it via tib) and fc in Android. process.acore (this is resolved by clearing data in contacts storage and contacts and dialer in manage apps. Just a work around of course.) These issues plus a kind of laggy lock screen are my only negative observations. Also is there any way to modify the lock screen targets?

Edit... Didn't read above posts. thanks OP! Not complaining here at all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

If you do a google search for lockscreen themes, you'll find many with alternate apps that launch. There are a couple of tutorials around as well that will guide you through making your own.

knjng

Jul 21, 2012
could belong anywhere
i have installed miui rom, and this is my feedback, everythings work fine till now, i havent fount something miss or wrong

but at first i install this rom, my clock (on top of corner) blinking, it appear n disapper frequently, i dont know why it just happen, i trie installing it again but this happen again, so i just try to reboot n reboot over and over, suddenly things going normal again..

thanks for your great job, i love this rom

# PS : just found another problems, i inatall several APK file from market or from my micro sd, it installed correctly . but it won't open.

Last edited:

coosawatchie

May 11, 2011
Had the blinking clock too, it stopped tho, hasnt reappeared. 4G works smoothly, still no 4g tether =( . Has few crash bugs, like going to SMS app and swiping to the left, where the "favorite" are, then some chinese text shows up and it crashes. It also crashes for Google Navigation, Maps are fine but as soon as you switch to Navigation it closes it. Other than that, nice port...
Great Job man.... i know it takes a lot of work to do this. so i give you props

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
Had the blinking clock too, it stopped tho, hasnt reappeared. 4G works smoothly, still no 4g tether =( . Has few crash bugs, like going to SMS app and swiping to the left, where the "favorite" are, then some chinese text shows up and it crashes. It also crashes for Google Navigation, Maps are fine but as soon as you switch to Navigation it closes it. Other than that, nice port...
Great Job man.... i know it takes a lot of work to do this. so i give you props

The NAV crash may be due to TTS missing. Try flashing Gapps.
If you go into MMS settings, then advanced, there is an option to hide the recommend tab.
Can you get me a log on 4g tether and explain what its doing/not doing?

Sent from another galaxy [S2]

coosawatchie

May 11, 2011
You are right, i flashed JB gapps and navigation works now. I used a AlogCat app from market, to do the log, i never did one before. So i turned on 4g, turned on native tethering, it automaticly switches in to 3g, tether works but not with 4g connection. So far that has been on every JB rom, inluding cayanogen mod. Any idea why it does that? heres what the log says. i have no clue how to read it

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/dalvikvm( 2440): Turning on JNI app bug workarounds for target SDK version 11...
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 272K, 4% free 9252K/9607K, paused 21ms+29ms, total 104ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 101K, 3% free 9516K/9799K, paused 16ms, total 24ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 43K, 4% free 9608K/9991K, paused 14ms, total 14ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 634K, 8% free 9438K/10183K, paused 13ms+20ms, total 75ms
D/libEGL ( 2440): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libEGL_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL ( 2440): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL ( 2440): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/OpenGLRenderer( 2440): Enabling debug mode 0
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 326K, 6% free 9608K/10183K, paused 13ms+15ms, total 55ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 2ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 268K, 4% free 9781K/10183K, paused 16ms+6ms, total 44ms

Reactions: AdhvanIt

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
You are right, i flashed JB gapps and navigation works now. I used a AlogCat app from market, to do the log, i never did one before. So i turned on 4g, turned on native tethering, it automaticly switches in to 3g, tether works but not with 4g connection. So far that has been on every JB rom, inluding cayanogen mod. Any idea why it does that? heres what the log says. i have no clue how to read it

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/dalvikvm( 2440): Turning on JNI app bug workarounds for target SDK version 11...
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 272K, 4% free 9252K/9607K, paused 21ms+29ms, total 104ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 101K, 3% free 9516K/9799K, paused 16ms, total 24ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 43K, 4% free 9608K/9991K, paused 14ms, total 14ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 634K, 8% free 9438K/10183K, paused 13ms+20ms, total 75ms
D/libEGL ( 2440): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libEGL_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL ( 2440): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL ( 2440): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/OpenGLRenderer( 2440): Enabling debug mode 0
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 326K, 6% free 9608K/10183K, paused 13ms+15ms, total 55ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 2ms
D/dalvikvm( 2440): GC_CONCURRENT freed 268K, 4% free 9781K/10183K, paused 16ms+6ms, total 44ms

You'll need to run a log in terminal or command window via pc. JB does not allow apps to read the device log, only their own.
You'll find that anything broken in AOSP 4.1.2 is broken in this build, as that is the base I use.
I have no 4G at home, and don't care to take my laptop down the street to get a logcat on 4G tethering. Lol. If you can do that, I may be able to look into it.

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
il need to find out how to do a logcat on macbook. No pc here

It's pretty similar regardless of what you use.
Download adb and the Android SDK for Mac.
Follow this guide and get me a log.
After you get a regular logcat of it, get me a radio log. From terminal:
Code:
$ adb logcat -b radio
Copy them both to pastebin.com and get me the links. Make sure they include log for the time that you start and stop the tethering service.

Last edited:

andrewddickey

Jan 23, 2011
Tried the new version and have the blinking clock as well. Does that on first boot when the Google accept/reject window comes up. Once I accept, it takes forever to bring up the Google sign-in screen.

That's all fine, but themes crashes the ROM and it does a hotboot. So you cannot set a ringtone (default is silent)

Two fresh installs with full wipe.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

knjng

Jul 21, 2012
could belong anywhere
sorry. but i dont what is logcat? n how to get it? show me how to obtain logcat. i have tried 3 times installing this rom but my apk wont run. several can run normally. but majorly not

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
Tried the new version and have the blinking clock as well. Does that on first boot when the Google accept/reject window comes up. Once I accept, it takes forever to bring up the Google sign-in screen.

That's all fine, but themes crashes the ROM and it does a hotboot. So you cannot set a ringtone (default is silent)

Themes work fine. If it's causing a crash, get me a logcat. First I would try getting a fresh download though.
Just FYI, there are some upstream MIUI issues with themes on this weeks build.
sorry. but i dont what is logcat? n how to get it? show me how to obtain logcat. i have tried 3 times installing this rom but my apk wont run. several can run normally. but majorly not

I posted a link a page back. Go look at it.

How do you remove Roaming Indicator Off text on the status bar?

Damn. Forgot eri. Menu>settings>MIUI.us toolbox>custom carrier label
Sent from another galaxy [S2]

Last edited:

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012

You can do "adb logcat -d > logcat.txt" or do it via my automated tool at my siggy which is easier :). Did you do fix permissions?

andrewddickey

Jan 23, 2011

Here is my logcat in attachment

http://pastebin.com/aPCEN3U0

Attachments

• LOGCAT.TXT
    456.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: AdhvanIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    miuiusanim.gif
    MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 3.1.25 for the Nexus S 4G

Installation Instructions
    • Place zip on root of internal storage
    • Boot into recovery
    • Nandroid backup
    • Wipe data/Factory reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Gapps (optional)
    • Reboot
    • Win!!

-

Not Working
    • Please let me know

To report new bugs, please provide the following:
    • Bug description
    • Precise instructions on how I can reproduce the bug
    • Wipe status (clean/dirty)
    • Applicable logs (logcat, dmesg, kmsg, radio log)

-

Downloads
    MIUI.us_crespo4g_v4.1_3.1.25_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_AdhvanIt.zip: [1] [2] [3]
    MD5: ee7dd7051696a238092f2e64d8249e38

Google applications package: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip MD5: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d

Additional downloads and modifications can be found in OP+2

Old Builds
    My downloads are now hosted on goo.im :)

-

Changelogs
    Check out the full MIUI changelog at miui.us, and our build specific changelog in my second post!

-

Screenshots
    Just droping by to say THANK YOU to AdhvanIt. Helping me get my MIUI ROM ported and booting. He is the definition of altruism.

The more people building it, the better. Glad I could help! :)
    New build is in the OP.
    MIUI.us_crespo4g_v4.1_2.11.23_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_AdhvanIt.zip: [1] [2] [3]
    MD5 sums: 1eb5598b139f124df40b9ee010cf4534, e62a7e381afc2a9126c64bd43077a8f0

Changelog:
    Code:
    [Crespo4G]
    Added ScriptManager (ad version)
    Added v6 supercharger and a number of other optional scripts to /sdcard/US (if any of the scripts cause boot failure, flash the BLACKOUT script, and reboot)
    Fix MMS rotation
    Reverted Camera and Gallery to MIUI versions
    Fix camera max resolution at 3MP
    Numerous bug fixes (permissions manager, theme manager, MIUI shell, webkit issues, etc, etc)
    More I don't remember

Full MIUI changelog:
    Code:
    [Phone]
    Fix some SIM cards cannot be used

[Messaging]
    Fix problem with network SMS failure
    Fix message type does not display when creating a new message
    Fix problems with SMS / MMS display
    Fix SMS / MMS received through network cannot be displayed

[Desktop]
    Optimise changing widget size, press return key to exit editing
    Fix in some cases the desktop screen automatically rebounds to home screen in some cases

[Themes]
    Fix downloading theme in background, downloaded theme will immediately appear in the local list of themes
    Fix in some cases the search page leads to FC error
    Fix in some cases local and online theme state is inconsistent
    [Anti-disturb / DND Mode]
    Fix import of call records and SMS to whitelist problems
    Fix problem selecting to add an unknown number from calls / contacts
    OP is updated with new links.
    The new version takes care of all of the previously mentioned issues other than a single Xiaomi CloudSync FC right after first boot.

MIUI.us_Crespo4G_V4.1_2.10.26.1_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_AdhvanIt.zip | MD5: 19a6b6671fa1dd0645a0b68e77e2ffa4