HTC One X Desktop Cradle with Speaker CR S650

Search This thread

SagaPer

Apr 28, 2009
Volda, Norway
Email to TuneIn.com about docking/sound problem

Copy of email sent to TuneIn.com (Tunein radio app) 22.01.2013:

Hi, I did update my app to the latest version 6.8. The problem still exists. I will try to explain it over again.

I own a HTC One X European version. No lock to service provider. Phone updated to latest HTC software version with Jelly Bean. Docking cradle: HTC CR S650 (http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-one-x-dock-cradle-cr-s650.html). TuneIn radio 6.8 app (free) installed.

Before update to Jelly Bean: I used to place the phone in the cradle, start TuneIn radio, set sleep timer to 60 minutes, go to sleep, and wake up to alarm clock from phone. Everything worked fine. Sound ok in phone.

After update to Jelly Bean: I will place the phone in the cradle, start TuneIn radio, set sleep timer to 60 minutes, go to sleep, and wake up to see alarm clock ring but with no sound from speakers. No sound from incoming calls either. Phone feels a little laggy. Only way to get sound back to normal is to restart the phone.

Use of phone without docking but same procedure as above: Everything works fine.

Use of phone with docking cradle but with other radio app (NRK Norway): Sound works fine. No problems.

Summary: TuneIn radio creates a strange problem in sound system when docked in the HTC cradle (after Jelly Bean update in phone).

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Copy of email sent to TuneIn.com (Tunein radio app) 22.01.2013:

Hi, I did update my app to the latest version 6.8. The problem still exists. I will try to explain it over again.

I own a HTC One X European version. No lock to service provider. Phone updated to latest HTC software version with Jelly Bean. Docking cradle: HTC CR S650 (http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-one-x-dock-cradle-cr-s650.html). TuneIn radio 6.8 app (free) installed.

Before update to Jelly Bean: I used to place the phone in the cradle, start TuneIn radio, set sleep timer to 60 minutes, go to sleep, and wake up to alarm clock from phone. Everything worked fine. Sound ok in phone.

After update to Jelly Bean: I will place the phone in the cradle, start TuneIn radio, set sleep timer to 60 minutes, go to sleep, and wake up to see alarm clock ring but with no sound from speakers. No sound from incoming calls either. Phone feels a little laggy. Only way to get sound back to normal is to restart the phone.

Use of phone without docking but same procedure as above: Everything works fine.

Use of phone with docking cradle but with other radio app (NRK Norway): Sound works fine. No problems.

Summary: TuneIn radio creates a strange problem in sound system when docked in the HTC cradle (after Jelly Bean update in phone).

Any such problem with timed alarms? I don't use a sleep timer but timed alarms work fine for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

andrzejbardi

Dec 11, 2012
Odp: HTC One X Desktop Cradle with Speaker CR S650

My hox have Just back from service with docking cr650, they reflashed Rom and sound is better unfortunatelly Phone call still remains in Phone speaker instead od docking station when Phone is plugged.

For me most important was( and is) to have Phone conversation sound in docking station speaker during

Wysyłane z mojego HTC One X za pomocą Tapatalk 2

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
Hey there!

Just a short question to the owners of the docking station: Does your One X say loading via "USB" or via "AC" in the power settings while loading with the S650? I think mine is broken, because from one day to the other my One X does not recognize the docking station anymore. It starts loading but only with USB power (according to settings). So, no AC -> no dock mode, therefore i cant use the speakers of the dock at all. Loading via external charger is fine, shows AC in the power settings. So i guess the power supply is failing...or any other ideas?
I already reset my phone, reflashed an older nandroid backup...no change, so i guess its not software related...because i know it worked definately with the nandroid backup i restored. Thanks!

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
Ok thanks. Seems that the docking station damaged the charging electronics in my One X, cause sometimes it wont even charge via standard power supply. Now i have to swap the station AND my One X...grrrr...

1earful

Apr 11, 2012
Ok thanks. Seems that the docking station damaged the charging electronics in my One X, cause sometimes it wont even charge via standard power supply. Now i have to swap the station AND my One X...grrrr...

could have been an electricity spike? i had an ipod sitting in a jbl alarm clock/speaker system. one day i noticed the ipod was fried, but the jbl device still worked. supposedly i had the jbl connected to a voltage regulator. didn't work for the ipod even though its only connection was through the speaker system.

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
Yeah, this is definately possible. At the moment, if i connect my one x to my PC, windows shuts down the USB port. A message bubble pops up and says something like "overvoltage detected". Thats why i think theres a short circuit somewhere in the charging electronics...

-=nezero=-

Oct 14, 2012
Reading
deeponion.org
Storage mounting and debugging.

Hi, i have just bought one of these. Plugged in a Micro USB cable and connected it to my PC, no choice for mounting to transfer files or no USB debugging.

Can anyone else confirm if you can use debugging or mounting storage while using the dock?

Mr. Blobby

Jan 31, 2011
London
www.youtube.com
Kidigi cradle

hey guys i'm having problems with my kidigi cradle. i got the hdmi out version and everytime i take out my htc one x plus from the cradle it hangs and i have to restart it and its really annoying,

can anyone help please? its been going on for a while and its really frustrating!

thanks!

1earful

Apr 11, 2012
Hi, i have just bought one of these. Plugged in a Micro USB cable and connected it to my PC, no choice for mounting to transfer files or no USB debugging.

Can anyone else confirm if you can use debugging or mounting storage while using the dock?

it's no longer an option in the menu of my one x since the last update.

99RedB

Aug 14, 2010
Glasgow
hey guys i'm having problems with my kidigi cradle. i got the hdmi out version and everytime i take out my htc one x plus from the cradle it hangs and i have to restart it and its really annoying,

can anyone help please? its been going on for a while and its really frustrating!

thanks!

You'll probably have more luck starting your own thread, or asking on a thread relating to the Kidigi cradle, not the HTC dock ;)

ZaKooN

Mar 10, 2013
Poland
Hello,

Someone had solved the problem with dock mode on Android JB version?

I'm place my HTC ONE X on dock and telephone just start charging but dock mode isn't enable... How to solve this problem?

eduardo1969

Dec 28, 2010
For me .i had it .it enough
I don't use the dock anymore
Couple of times my alarm don't work because it sometimes don't charge ..
I really hate the people who makes the dock and don't solve the problem ..

Maybe kigidi dock for 25 euro ,but then I have no pogo pins ..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Mecyjek

Jul 28, 2010
I have HOX+ and this dock, but when i put my phone on it, just go to landscape. Is possible to enable dock mode settings?

cassio gebara

Jul 31, 2008
São Paulo
CR S650 with no sound

Hello,

Few weeks ago my CR S650 lost sound feature.
I restarted my HTC One X and sound comes back.
Now, last Friday, the alarm didn't work.
After few tests I realised that CR S650 had no sound again.
Now even restating the HTC One X or dock Cradle, the sound doesn't work.
How can I solve that ?
Is it possible to be the pogo pins ?
CR S650 charge is normal just with no sound.
Tks in advance !

Regards,

Cássio

akhil8377

Feb 12, 2010
New Delhi
Hello,

Few weeks ago my CR S650 lost sound feature.
I restarted my HTC One X and sound comes back.
Now, last Friday, the alarm didn't work.
After few tests I realised that CR S650 had no sound again.
Now even restating the HTC One X or dock Cradle, the sound doesn't work.
How can I solve that ?
Is it possible to be the pogo pins ?
CR S650 charge is normal just with no sound.
Tks in advance !

Regards,

Cássio

Unfortnately the same is happening on my One X too. I have two One X and two of these docks. Suddenly both are not working. On one phone, it charges only however no sound, no dock mode nothing. The other phone does not even charge now. I have interchangeably tried both docks on both phones in all combinations even changing the cable etc. no luck. It just does not enter dock mode and initiate the dock application. Tried to test with tasker application too, tasker is also not able to recognize dock status...

Is it something to do with POGO pins?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK a quick round up from me,

The dock it's self is nice with a good quality feel, the inlay/filler ( used when the phone isn't in a case ) is cheap and not moulded brilliantly so it doesn't sit perfectly flat slightly obstructing the + and - volumes buttons...but not the end of the world.

The speaker is fine as already said but won't set your world on fire.

The real interesting thing ( as you can see from the quick video ) is that as soon as it enters the dock the whole launcher/lock screen turned horizontal....shame it doesn't act like this all the time.

Any pictures and video attached https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v2krql5c7d0jkjv/8PijCb68jW

Si

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Oh my phone is total stock BTW

Si
    I swear I live in a reverse universe from most people on this forum. I have an early HT23 with zero issues, my Media Link works great at home and in hotels, and the CR 650 docks I finally got today are great too.

- There's no buzzing of any kind as some have reported. There's some distortion at max volume but it's too loud to listen to that way anyway. It's not a Jambox and not priced that way so I don't know what people are expecting. You should always have the phone at max output and cut the volume back with the auxiliary device rather than the other way around. You'll always get better sound and less distortion that way as the phone’s the superior output device. Having the phone at half volume and boosting it via the dock won’t sound nearly as well.

- I've been using it at my desk for a couple of hours and it hasn't overheated. I like the live weather wallpaper; it's soothing to look at.

- As for the phone's behavior in the dock you have three choices: 1) the preset HTC dock screen, 2) an app of your choice, or 3) nothing which means the home screen is always horizontal and would behave the same way it would if it were on a regular AC charger; meaning the screen will time out based on your specified setting. In dock mode it automatically dims itself based on the time you specify.

- Here's the dock menu

There are some pretty flexible options and the ability to automatically connect to a specified BT device is pretty cool. Speaking of which, the dock plays audio via the pogo connectors not BT which means you can use a BT pendent to output audio to your usual headphones. That's a way to overcome the headphone jack being blocked that people were complaining about earlier. I already have the HTC aptX StereoClip so with a coupler I'll get fantastic lossless sound wirelessly while the phone's docked. Pretty slick.

- As for the quality of the dock, it's solid and well built. I agree the supplementary tray's a little odd but once the phone's docked it really doesn't matter. Because the connection between the pins on the dock and receivers on the phone are so tight, moving the phone around can cause it to lose connection. Not so much from touching the phone but using the volume buttons since it can move the tray. I'm just more careful when pressing them and it hasn't happened since.

Lastly, what do you guys expect for the equivalent of $70 USD? It's a wireless charger that outputs audio and acts as a speakerphone. It also adds some cool s/w functions via dock mode. A Jambox is $150 for just speakers so I personally didn't expect the same sound quality. HTC's pushing BT and aptX so I kind of get why there's no audio out on the dock. To me, it seems like a fair value and serves my primary need which is wireless charging to always keep my phone topped up and avoid wear-and-tear on the USB port.

Here's Samsung's wireless charging solution. It looks goofy, requires the back of the phone be replaced, and does nothing but charge the phone. I'm willing to bet you it's no less than what HTC's charging for the CR-S650 and likely more.

samsung_gsiii_wireless_charging_sg_1-580x411.jpg

P.S. - To the person with the brightness as an alarm problem. Did you ever think of dimming the phone before putting it in the dock? At lower brightness settings on the phone itself the dock further dims the display to the point you almost can't see it. Sometimes asking a question rather than making a proclamation will get you the answers you're seeking.

P.S.S - You can change the wallpaper. Long press on the display when it's in dock mode and the wallpaper picker app pops up.
    Does it cause problems to leave the phone charging overnight? Like, do battery issues develop over time and what about having the screen on all the time?

There are a lot of good reading you can find on this forum regarding this matter but the most important things you should keep in mind for a healthy (Li-ion/Li-po) battery are:

- do NOT keep the screen ON while charging (so an always on night clock is a bad idea)
    - charge the phone when it reaches 40-50% and never let it get close to 0% (it's better to charge the phone 3 times/day than once every two days if by doing so it gets close to 0%)
    - charge the batteries to 40-70% if plan to store them (don't fully charge a battery if you plan to store it for more than a week or so)
    - avoid overheating (obviously)

In an ideal world you should not charge the phone overnight either but this an non-issue really because most phones switch to battery (and even laptops) when the charge is complete and restart charging after a 1-3% drop (your battery will degrade with 1-2% in like 2 years or so because of this compared to up 60% in the same period if you let it "die" on a daily basis).

The way I' using my (almost perfect) T3 HOX (with light to moderate use), it rarely drops bellow 40% after an 16h day (with everything ON), so I'm pretty happy with it.

Have fun!
    Afaik the utterly useless Beats only works on headphones, so it is expected behavior not to work on the dock.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Anyone have any info if/when a US version of this will be available? I only see an EU model...

May 6th probably, close to that date.