How to Debrand Nokia Lumia 710

Search This thread

BenzinNZ

Dec 5, 2010
Hi,

One thing I did read elsewhere is that if you are reflashing the same firmware but say to another country variant/retail/carrier etc. it will fail. It needs to be rolled back to an earlier firmware version and then forward again to what you want on the newer firmware. I don't know if thats what you are doing.

Regards

Lou

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Edit: It appears even trying to recover or refurbish using my original firmware doesn't seem to work. Just seems to not notice the phone after it reboots into recovery. (even though it mounts the drive)

Last edited:

mrspongebob

May 15, 2012
Hello,

This will sound very dumb, I did this procedure but it locked my phone again, i bought it already unlocked from E-Bay. The cell is from T-Mobile.

I used a Costa Rica version to debrand, do I need to go through the full unlocking process myself? Or just going to the old ROM will work?

Thanks!

jorikk

Jun 27, 2012
Hi,

I am tryint to update the ROM with a new version.
The current ROM installed is a retail ROM on a Lumia 710 RM-803
Download all the stuff, but somehow unable to update the ROM. It constantly says" Power down" Connect and press the power up key.
It doesn't seem to work.
Machine I am using x64 Windows 7

Thanks
Jorik

guilhermedsx

Nov 19, 2010
Keep saying "Could not read data" on my RM-809.
Did everything as you explained. Multiple times. The phone is recognized but I can't do anything. :(

clebersk

May 12, 2010
Diferent name on Windows device manager.

Ok here the deal, I can´t flash my Lumia 710 because in Windows device manager in recovery mode (Power+VolumeUP) the Lumia 710 show this in Ports, "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006" and mount a volume in Windows, if I not wrong the corret is show "Nokia DLOAD", this is right?, there a way to change to "Nokia DLOAD"? or this is not necessary?

PS. The phone is original, I never change anything in your firmware.

gjj1056

Nov 25, 2011
I have successfully debranded my Lumia 800 and I know it doesn't remove simlock. But now I have decided to have it unlocked. Since there are no local shops here in the Philippines to unlock it and none of the unlocking website services have codes for sale for the Philippines, I am still waiting for it. Will I need to reflash it back to the branded ROM to have it unlocked? Or can I just stay in the unbranded ROM and have it unlocked?

I have read somewhere that Unlocked branded ROMs get locked again after you flash an unbranded ROM. So I want to make sure that debranding first would not affect if I unlock the device in the future. I was thinking that lock codes only work with IMEI and would not affect whatever ROM version you're in, is that correct?

rhapa

Dec 25, 2011
Itumbiara - Goias
Thanks a lot

Thank you very much for your tutorial...
I was looking everywhereon how to flash a wp7 firmware and I couldn't seem to find it anywhere... You gave the best...
I live in Brazil and I've got the Nokia Lumia 710 branded for Claro Brasil and was stuck with mango (11502) and Zune wouldn't give me the update... Also the Nokia site doesn't show up my Product Code on the update list (059N2Z4). Now I can update it with no fear using the updated firmware branded by Claro Brasil still, version 121120, aka Tango, using Navifirm and thanks to you get it installed on my phone...

You're awesome, don't know how to thank you, getting wi-fi hotspot is an old dream of mine on Nokia Lumia's phone...

rhapa

Dec 25, 2011
Itumbiara - Goias
Signature verification failed

Hello again...
Hey, I'm very happy with this post and everything, finally got tango running on my Nokia Lumia 710 (and yeay, Internet Sharing is there) version 12121 (Well, I installed 12120 branded by Claro Brazil but zune updated it to 12121) but as I know I'm eager to get the newest version available. I tried to install 12180 version from Thailand and/or China, but both won't work. I receive an error: Signature verification failed. Is there a way to solve this?

Thank you!

mcalistri

Jul 13, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hello,

I have bought my Lumia 710 in Brasil (where I live) and it is not branded by any mobile provider; it is identified as "Nokia do Brasil" and its product code is: 059M3Q8

I did an upgrade by using Nokia Care Suite and currently I am on firmware: 1600.3030.8773.12120

My questions:

1) Could I upgrade just looking for latest available firmware available, ignoring "Country Variant"? (I.E. by installing a Thailand or Mexican Country Variant, instead of the specific Brazilian one?)

2) How much time we in Brazil, will have to wait until the right Country Variant update will be available to be installed by Zune or even by Nokia Care Suite?

Many Thanks!

quailallstar

Jan 22, 2007
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Cant seem to find the correct answer in all these posts so I'm going to ask.

Looking to de-brand my Tmo USA branded Nokia Lumia 710. Which is the file I need to look for/download from the Navifirm repository to successfully accomplish this?

Many thanks in advance! :cowboy:

popaj1808

Jan 5, 2013
Is safe to downgrade from official 7.10.8858.136 to qualcomm bootloader?
Sorry if I posted this on the wrong place I'm new here.

Mateus109

May 28, 2012
Great guide thanks (things are so much more simple these days!), but I must be completely thick because how do you log into the Nokia Suite? It's asking for a "Care Pro" login. :confused:

Oh, Just realised that you can choose "Care Suite External" and this seems to bypass the login.

Last edited:

raghavsp

Jan 17, 2013
phone not detected

my lumia 710 is detected in nokia fuse but it is not detected in nokia care suite can any one tell me what to do

ok52989@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2013
Lost 4g in 7.8 update

I live in the US and have a T-Mobile lumia 710. I flashed it to upgrade to WP 7.8 Ever since the maximum connection speed is only 3g, and speed tests on the phone's connection confirm I've lost my 4g capability. Does anyone know how to fix this. I believe it may be because i used a t-mobile great britain rom which may not work on the 1700/2100 Mhz. I have thought of just trying a different Rom but I am not sure which one would work in my area.

KazzieBear2

Oct 20, 2013
debranding lumia 710

Hi,
I am having troubles debranding my lumia 710

Finally, it worked!
I've downloaded a non-retail ROM with NaviFirm, and installed it with Nokia Care, and now the demo content is gone!
Anyone wanting to know how to do this:
1) run a search in this forum for links to download Nokia Care Suite and naviFirm
2) use NaviFirm to search and download the ROM for your device: Lumia 710: RM-803 and Lumia 800: RM-801 (do a serch on this forum just to be sure which RM you should download for your device/country).
3) if you see several ROMs for a given country, as @Anseio wisely suggested above, download any of them that DON'T say RETAIL on it.
Also try to find a carrier-free ROM. You'll see some of them are labeled Vodafone, Movistar, T-Mobile, etc.. I haven't tried flashing with one of those so I don't know if they have demo content or not, try to avoid them just in case.
Stick with the ROMs labeled "Country Variant", non-retail, carrier-free, and for your country (or some country in your own language)

Note: Even if it's not for your particular country that's listed in the Country Variant (I'm from Argentina and downloaded a version for Spain) get one that matches your language at least, or just go with english (I think there's a Country Variant for UK.. I would suggest trying that one). Also, don't worry if the device's color in the ROM description doesn't matches your own. I have a white lumia 710 and installed a ROM that said "black".

4) Once the ROM is downloaded (mostly around 350mb), see this guide for instructions on how to flash your device with that ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1457341 using Nokia Care Suite.

It takes less than 5 minutes to flash the device and have the demo content gone!.
Let me know by PM if you need further help.
Good luck!

mcalistri

Jul 13, 2012
Rio de Janeiro

I executed the installation of Qualcomm BL + Rataplan V9.1 Full yesterday and all gone well.

Important is to have necessary tools and read the instructions, there are many step by step examples around the NET.

Good Luck,

Marco

Last edited:
Reactions: Rataplan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys i know this is the 800 section but i thought would put it here until its moved by admin

Tools needed
    Nokia Care Suite 5.0.0 (2011.51.2) http://www.seidea.com/2011/12/28/nokia-care-suite-5-0-2011-51-2-63048/
    NaviFirm Plus - http://www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx

Once you have installed Nokia care suite, install the drivers package for your version of windows - Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers WinUSB Drivers x86 or x64

Download the Firmware needed from Navifirm should be about 12 files.

1. Launch Nokia Care Suite and open Product Support Tool.
    2. Disconnect all phones from the computer and Turn the phone off
    3. Select No connection from the connection drop-down menu.
    4. From File menu select Open Product.
    5. Search for 710 and click Open. RM-803
    6. Now connect the phone with it tunred off, it will restart and be detected by the care suite

With the files you downloaded from Navifirm put them in
    C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\ create a folder called Rm-803 if its not there

Now you need to rename the product codes of .dcp / .bin / vpl files to match your device code found on the right of nokia care suite product support tool.

Now the files are in place click programming from the tool bar and select refurbish.

Job Done.

I hold no responsibility if you screw your phone up.
    How to effectively remove the demo content from a Nokia Lumia

Finally, it worked!
    I've downloaded a non-retail ROM with NaviFirm, and installed it with Nokia Care, and now the demo content is gone!
    Anyone wanting to know how to do this:
    1) run a search in this forum for links to download Nokia Care Suite and naviFirm
    2) use NaviFirm to search and download the ROM for your device: Lumia 710: RM-803 and Lumia 800: RM-801 (do a serch on this forum just to be sure which RM you should download for your device/country).
    3) if you see several ROMs for a given country, as @Anseio wisely suggested above, download any of them that DON'T say RETAIL on it.
    Also try to find a carrier-free ROM. You'll see some of them are labeled Vodafone, Movistar, T-Mobile, etc.. I haven't tried flashing with one of those so I don't know if they have demo content or not, try to avoid them just in case.
    Stick with the ROMs labeled "Country Variant", non-retail, carrier-free, and for your country (or some country in your own language)

Note: Even if it's not for your particular country that's listed in the Country Variant (I'm from Argentina and downloaded a version for Spain) get one that matches your language at least, or just go with english (I think there's a Country Variant for UK.. I would suggest trying that one). Also, don't worry if the device's color in the ROM description doesn't matches your own. I have a white lumia 710 and installed a ROM that said "black".

4) Once the ROM is downloaded (mostly around 350mb), see this guide for instructions on how to flash your device with that ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1457341 using Nokia Care Suite.

It takes less than 5 minutes to flash the device and have the demo content gone!.
    Let me know by PM if you need further help.
    Good luck!
    I would be there all day as each country has Black and white devices.

You need to pick the firmware with Country Variant, The country you are in and what colour phone you have. There is no Country Variant for the UK yet with the latest 1600.3013.8107.11502 package in NaviFirm but you can download the older version 1600.3007.7740.11465

UK Black Product code 059N2L6
    Germany Black Product code 059M5M0
    France Black Product code 059N519
    Italy Black Product code 059N0V8
    Netherlands Black Product code 059N1Q9
    Spain Black Product code 059N1M7
    There's no country variant for Canada. What happens if I flash the phone with a with say a UK firmware?

sutt359, are you sure the latest package is 1600.3013.8107.11505? Mine shows 1600.3013.8107.11502.

I executed the installation of Qualcomm BL + Rataplan V9.1 Full yesterday and all gone well.

Important is to have necessary tools and read the instructions, there are many step by step examples around the NET.

Good Luck,

Marco