Micro SD Card List

Search This thread

lardo5150

Nov 13, 2008
St. Charles, MO
Guys,

I am reading through a few of the threads, and some detailing specifically with the SD cards, and the information is sporadic and spread out.

Can we get a thread that is updated with a list of cards known for working?
Name of card, size, etc.?

I am searching for a card to get with my TF700 when I order it from Amazon, but I can't seem to nail down which cards actually work after the firmware update. I am positive I am not the only one.

WORKING

SanDisk 32 GB class 4

WinTeck 32 GB class 10

Sandisk MicroSDHC Ultra 64gb class 6 works after firmware update. Both in docking and tablet.

SanDisk 32GB class 4 HC (graphite color)

Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDHC class 10 in the slot formatted exFAT.

ADATA 32GB class 10 microSDHC

The following cards work with .22 firmware
1 GB no name, made in china
2 GB san disk
4 GB san disk class 2

NOT WORKING

SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 HC (red/gray)

This is the card i have, a 64gb.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00
My issue is, even after the update, when copying or moving items to it, my device freezes. I have this card in the tablet. Prior to the update, i had it in the dock. Reason being, movies wouldnt play from it when it was in the tablet. Since the update, the movies now play great. But copying/moving is now an issue. I havent see anyone else report this yet. Btw, the card is formatted at NTFS.

Last edited:

Cleanskinned

Dec 14, 2011
Guys,

I am reading through a few of the threads, and some detailing specifically with the SD cards, and the information is sporadic and spread out.

I am searching for a card to get with my TF700 when I order it from Amazon, but I can't seem to nail down which cards actually work after the firmware update. I am positive I am not the only one.

I ordered this one. http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-Micro-C...qid=1343572803&sr=8-1&keywords=adata+micro+sd
I'll let you know when it arrives.

lardo5150

Nov 13, 2008
St. Charles, MO
Ok, so I started keeping a list in the first post (we only have one so far).

So if anyone has ones they tried and worked, or ones that did not, lets post them and I will get them on the top page tonight.

Hopefully this will help everyone with their purchase, and even give Asus (Gary) something to go from.

Any 64gb card guys out there?

cferd

Mar 20, 2008
You may want to include lists for both working and NOT working cards. I have one of each:

Working: SanDisk 32GB class 4 HC (graphite color)

Not working: SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 HC (red/gray)

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
The dock uses USB (2.0) host to manage SD cards, so shouldn't give many problems. I'm currently using Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDHC class 10 in the slot formatted exFAT.

I have used Sandisk 16GB class 4 microSDHC before and now I'm using ADATA 32GB class 10 microSDHC with pretty good speeds in the microSD slot (all formatted exFAT, 32KB block size).

Did not have much luck with NTFS on .21 and .22 builds, perhaps this changed with .26, but I'm happy with exFAT.

josuetenista

May 25, 2010
Toronto
Using microsd San Disk 64gb class 6 working fine with latest firmware update. Have formated to ntfs, exfat and fat32 all file systems work on but getting better speeds with exfat

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005V7WIA2/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00
My issue is, even after the update, when copying or moving items to it, my device freezes. I have this card in the tablet. Prior to the update, i had it in the dock. Reason being, movies wouldnt play from it when it was in the tablet. Since the update, the movies now play great. But copying/moving is now an issue. I havent see anyone else report this yet. Btw, the card is formatted at NTFS.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Using microsd San Disk 64gb class 6 working fine with latest firmware update. Have formated to ntfs, exfat and fat32 all file systems work on but getting better speeds with exfat

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

can you post a link to the card you have. thanks.

masiegel

Mar 28, 2010
2 GB san disk
4 GB san disk class 2

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Now the thread seems pretty SanDisk-oriented and it's just the most popular brand, not necessarily the best (either for the Infinity or in general).

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
You can crop the lines which mention a few cards, my ADATA is hidden behind Sandisk at the moment ;)

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I just installed a usb storage device to the keyboard but I cant seem to find it. Anybody know where should I look.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

WORKING

SanDisk 32 GB class 4

WinTeck 32 GB class 10

Sandisk MicroSDHC Ultra 64gb class 6 works after firmware update. Both in docking and tablet.

SanDisk 32GB class 4 HC (graphite color)

Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDHC class 10 in the slot formatted exFAT.

ADATA 32GB class 10 microSDHC

2 GB san disk
    4 GB san disk class 2

NOT WORKING

SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 HC (red/gray)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00
    Since the latest update (JB .25), Asus has made more sdcards compatible with the Infinity. I tried a few that didn't work before and now they are all working. Just FYI.
    I have 2 x Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC Ultra cards, one in the dock and one in the tablet working with no problems (192GB total !). Formatted using https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/
    Has anyone had any luck with a (nonmicro) SD card in the dock?

I'm running with a SanDisc 128 Gb SD card in the dock. It works fine...
    Might be useful to mention which firmware people are on too when it works and doesn't work.