[Q] Z1 freezes when flashing to .757

Search This thread

cczz

Apr 8, 2011
Urgent. My Sony Z1 had rooted .681 version running fine for weeks. But trouble came today I tried to upgrade to .757. I had the flashable zip on the sd card, Booted into recovery mode then did a wipe and a factory reset. Then in the installation process of .757, the phone reboots to SONY screen and freezes. I could only use Vol Up + Power button to turn it off. It still freezes on the next reboot. It doesn't even vibrate at the start screen, so I cannot enter the XZDualRecovery mode. Please help.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Urgent. My Sony Z1 had rooted .681 version running fine for weeks. But trouble came today I tried to upgrade to .757. I had the flashable zip on the sd card, Booted into recovery mode then did a wipe and a factory reset. Then in the installation process of .757, the phone reboots to SONY screen and freezes. I could only use Vol Up + Power button to turn it off. It still freezes on the next reboot. It doesn't even vibrate at the start screen, so I cannot enter the XZDualRecovery mode. Please help.

You should follow the instructions in the thread.

You have to flash the srtipped FTF before rebooting. and there is no need for a full wip, you lose all your settings then.

To fix it, just flash a stock FTF and start again (You could try flashing the stripped FTF)