[Q]Would it mess up anything?

Search This thread

anurox2

Feb 25, 2014
Lucknow
I have an Xperia E-1504, rooted(Kingo Android root), a few mods, installed busy box, odexed, Bootloader locked and no recovery!!
I am about to unlock the bootloader using "BLU" option in Flashtool. I know for a fact that all 2013 Xperia devices automatically factory reset after unlocking the Bootloader, so will something mess up, after unlocking the bootloader cuz of following reasons?
1. I got a few modded apps in system/app
2. Got Busy Box installed, I have been told that uninstalling it causes bootloops.

Does the factory reset, reset the phone from the system apps in system/app, by just uninstalling and reinstalling them or does it have a backup, like a preserved one(not user accessible) copy of those apps????

Please reply ASAP but please be sure, no maybe answers, I don't have an extra phone if something goes wrong, I mean don't have original FTFs now, they are downloading as I type this so its going to take time.

Last edited:

RuNG

Jan 31, 2014
@anurox2 yes the easiest method to unlock is flash tool use that only and first download ftf main thing is the phone goes boot loop after unlocking boot loader don't worry flash the ftf it will be OK and yes all data will be wiped(contacts,SMS,apps) make a backup first

Sent from my Xperia E

anurox2

Feb 25, 2014
Lucknow
@anurox2 yes the easiest method to unlock is flash tool use that only and first download ftf main thing is the phone goes boot loop after unlocking boot loader don't worry flash the ftf it will be OK and yes all data will be wiped(contacts,SMS,apps) make a backup first

Sent from my Xperia E

So no matter whatever way I go, I'll get a bootloop and have to flash the original FTF?? Oh man, I thought bootloop won't happen when flashtool is used.

I have downloaded the Zeus kernel, can I flash it using flashtool(cuz I don't have recovery on my XE) without unlocking bootloader????

RuNG

Jan 31, 2014
So no matter whatever way I go, I'll get a bootloop and have to flash the original FTF?? Oh man, I thought bootloop won't happen when flashtool is used.

I have downloaded the Zeus kernel, can I flash it using flashtool(cuz I don't have recovery on my XE) without unlocking bootloader????

If you unlock in any other method also the phone goes bootloop(only XE :mad:) and No not possible to flash custom kernel without unlocking the bootloader

Sent from my Xperia E

anurox2

Feb 25, 2014
Lucknow
@AGuyfromH3LL

Does the factory reset, reset the phone from the system apps in system/app, by just uninstalling and reinstalling them or does it have a backup, like a preserved one(not user accessible) copy of those apps????

RuNG

Jan 31, 2014
@AGuyfromH3LL

Factory reset doesn't affect the system only user data and why you want to copy those after flashing ftf all apps will back like when you bought the phone first time

Sent from my Xperia E

anurox2

Feb 25, 2014
Lucknow
Factory reset doesn't affect the system only user data and why you want to copy those after flashing ftf all apps will back like when you bought the phone first time

Sent from my Xperia E

Ok thanks, I wasn't gonna copy those apps after flashing, i was just asking how the factory reset works, you didn't understand, I asked whether it it installs system apps again from the system/app or does the Android OS has its own backup file for factory resets. Anyways, as you said it just wipes the user data!! Thanks again. :laugh: :good:

Another question, the Xperia-E FTFs in the Official thread are all from XE-1505 not from 1504, and from a little research I found these differences,(common basebands are not mentioned)

XE-1505 supports these UMTS HSPA 900 (Band VIII)
XE-1504 supports these UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II)

so if I flash the FTFs from the Official thread won't I have network problems?
Note- I live in India, we have loads of carriers, and their working or transmitting would be different a little bit say USA or Europe or any other location???

RuNG

Jan 31, 2014
@anurox2 sorry I didn't understand properly if you deleted any system app and do factory reset it won't restore it and C1505 ftf works on C1504 both are same as you say only network differ and it will work without any problem on C1504(mine :cool: )

Sent from my Xperia E

Reactions: anurox2

anurox2

Feb 25, 2014
Lucknow
@anurox2 sorry I didn't understand properly if you deleted any system app and do factory reset it won't restore it and C1505 ftf works on C1504 both are same as you say only network differ and it will work without any problem on C1504(mine :cool: )

Sent from my Xperia E

Yep that's what i was asking!!!

Yeah the network differs but in the end its still a phone and to me that is what matters.
So it works for you!! Where do you live in India, metropolitian or small city or town, cuz sometimes I have to travel to areas with bad cell reception and I don't want the network difference to be a disadvantage in those times!!!!
Thanks!!!

RuNG

Jan 31, 2014
Yep that's what i was asking!!!

Yeah the network differs but in the end its still a phone and to me that is what matters.
So it works for you!! Where do you live in India, metropolitian or small city or town, cuz sometimes I have to travel to areas with bad cell reception and I don't want the network difference to be a disadvantage in those times!!!!
Thanks!!!

I live in Mysore :cool: no network bugs till now I have never experienced

Sent from my Xperia E

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Xperia E