[How To] Flashing | Official ROMs | Custom ROMs

Search This thread

Lefty_il

Mar 30, 2010
Fetesti
i just upgrade my g5 with kies...
the first thing to say about it is that my net speed is much much better than other rom.
i will give you updates about it !

itx

Nov 24, 2005
Bucharest
eecsmart.webs.com
GT-I5500 update to 2.2 Froyo - Big problems, help!

I did update to 2.2 and it works very poorly Froyo even more does not work anymore and the phone reboots incontinu without it touching.
I did update to the latest version of Kies and after the Odin (I5500XWJP9), same result, Baseband shows as unknown.
Does anyone know how I can return to the original version before the latest update or any variant and only go phone?

Szeder

Dec 27, 2010
Oradea
I did update to 2.2 and it works very poorly Froyo even more does not work anymore and the phone reboots incontinu without it touching.
I did update to the latest version of Kies and after the Odin (I5500XWJP9), same result, Baseband shows as unknown.
Does anyone know how I can return to the original version before the latest update or any variant and only go phone?

I sugest a hard reset on 2.2... and see. i had only onetime this restart prob on mota's 2.0.9.1
if you really want to go back :D
2.1.1 romanian
http://www.multiupload.com/FL5E79SVKA

but i think there is only your fault because it doesnt work ... hard reset, before(avoid bootloop) flash to 2.1 and after too("only from setting/privacy!!!" there remain some 2.2 apps,which dont work on 2.1 :D)

Reactions: kill3r000

rakimj

Nov 26, 2010
Okay, I'm kinda new around here and need some help with my little gadget.

I am addicted to music and tryed all kinds of players (atm i use PowerAMP) but i need a good equaliser. PowerAMP built it eq kinda sucks. I tryed to install DSPManager but it doesn't work. It just appears in my main menu but after i restart my phone, it just won't boot (i use Motafoca's 2.0.9.2 firmware). So, anyone installed DSPManager ? Is it working on i5500 ? Please I need help cuz i can't enjoy my music :mad:

Thanks alot and have a nice day :)

so no one installed dsp manager ? :(

Szeder

Dec 27, 2010
Oradea
Swedish 2.2 FROYO.XWJPJ (NEE)
http://www.multiupload.com/AIDHSKUFNG
Romanian 2.2 FROYO.XFJPK (CNX)
http://www.multiupload.com/RQ82LA6BNB
Romanian 2.1.update1 (latest) (CNX) if someone have probs with upgrading to 2.2 in Romania via KIES :D (dont cover all Samsungs probs of making a good updater)
http://www.multiupload.com/FL5E79SVKA

I just said about the swedish NEE firmware... here it is :D

In Odin, one package :p, normally

Romanian Froyo have English+ East European languages, but dont have any languages from swedish or JP9 (ex. if youre german dont install it, dont have german lang :D)
Swedish Froyo have English+ West/Central langs

UPDATE
Samsung Electronics Romania:
Momentan se poate face update pentru versiunea 2,2 a sistemului de operare Android doar pentru dispozitivele GT-I5500, comercializate prin reteaua operatorului de telefonie mobila Vodafone. (Only Vodafone have 2.2 update for I5500)

Last edited:

itx

Nov 24, 2005
Bucharest
eecsmart.webs.com
I tried hard reset and rewrite what I have set you I5500OXXJI2, hard reset nothing happens in practice is not reset and the I5500OXXJI2 not go any WiFi, BT and reboots by itself. Mine is encoded on Vodafone RO when I made ​​update of Kies.

With I5500XWJP9:

- my phone has no IMEI, no Baseband (cannot connect to network)
- no camera
- can't connect to Kies
- phone restarts every 15 minutes
- after restarts show year 2007 (lose year, hour, date)
- shutdown phone does not work (screen gets blanked but still power on) > i have to remove the battery in order to start again

Last edited:

Azrael_PT

May 14, 2009
Cesar
I tried hard reset and rewrite what I have set you I5500OXXJI2, hard reset nothing happens in practice is not reset and the I5500OXXJI2 not go any WiFi, BT and reboots by itself. Mine is encoded on Vodafone RO when I made ​​update of Kies.

With I5500XWJP9:

- my phone has no IMEI, no Baseband (cannot connect to network)
- no camera
- can't connect to Kies
- phone restarts every 15 minutes
- after restarts show year 2007 (lose year, hour, date)
- shutdown phone does not work (screen gets blanked but still power on) > i have to remove the battery in order to start again

Had the same problem. Sent my phone to repair.

tweakradje

camera goodies

I was looking into the camera.apk file and there were a lot of goodies in the resources like scenes as fireworks, action, stopmotion, timer and cartoonmode. Also in the layout folder they seem to be present.

Why don't we see all those goodies back in the camera app? Anyone?

Cheers

teStud0

Jan 6, 2011
Swedish 2.2 FROYO.XWJPJ (NEE)

Romanian 2.2 FROYO.XFJPK (CNX)

Romanian 2.1.update1 (latest) (CNX) if someone have probs with upgrading to 2.2 in Romania via KIES :D (dont cover all Samsungs probs of making a good updater)

I just said about the swedish NEE firmware... here it is :D

In Odin, one package :p, normally

Romanian Froyo have English+ East European languages, but dont have any languages from swedish or JP9 (ex. if youre german dont install it, dont have german lang :D)
Swedish Froyo have English+ West/Central langs
Question 1: Is this more stable than Motofoca's 2.0.9.x?

Question 2: Since I'm from Asia will I experience problems when I flash this rom?

Question 3: Is this rom more like the stock Galaxy Mini or just based on the previous beta Froyo?

Szeder

Dec 27, 2010
Oradea
Question 1: Is this more stable than Motofoca's 2.0.9.x?

Question 2: Since I'm from Asia will I experience problems when I flash this rom?

Question 3: Is this rom more like the stock Galaxy Mini or just based on the previous beta Froyo?

1. i dont know if is more stable(for me the honeycomb edition "2.9.1 i think" was completly unstable)... Is the oficial firmware from samsung... isnt modded... normally the firm from samsung needs to be stable... but compass isnt working still :D

2+3. normally not, if you didnt had any probs with JP9, this is JPJ/JPK (J is the 10th letter, K is the 11th "JP10/JP11" :p). If you didnt tryed JP9 dont try this too, because KIES will not recognise your version number (as yours) and you will not be able to update when will appear in your area(if will :D), you know(and dont matters) this if you used Mota's roms :cool:

But you can try, and if you dont like it flash back what you use right now... for exemple i use at the moment the galaxy mini (2.1.0) mota firmware... isnt so bugged like everyone said :D, is much louder that normal i5500 android :D

C

chillvisio

What I love most in FroYo for I5500 is the optimised battery usage. My mobile works longer than with latest stock 2.1.

zero4infinitive

Apr 19, 2011
Romania
Dual Boot possibility?

Hello guys,

I work in IT domain but new to Android world and jumping into it. I have this phone, the Galaxy 5 (GT-I5500). I wish to try something different that did not find.

Is there any possibility to make dual boot in this phone? To keep original Android 2.1 and install and boot from SD card Android 2.2 or higher.

Any suggestion/ help ..much appreciated.

:)

sp2it3

Apr 18, 2011
Hey guys. Im new at this forum and I thought I might catch some help here.
So here it is.
I have Galaxy 5 that got locked up after using too many unlock patterns. My friend at school found guessing the code fun so he entered it like 20-30 times. -.-
Now Im pretty much fu**ed up. I have to login with my google email and password. But I dont know what is the password. Its supposed to be my regular password for everything but its not working. I found some posts googling the same problem and found some answers that didnt work. So guys is there any way to reset the whole firmware or anything like that?! Please help me :S

BTW I just updated to froyo today hoping it will solve my problem but its the same after updating. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung-i5500-Galaxy-5-India-Android.jpg

How to ROOT?
    Use Universal AndRoot, its so easy

Latest Firmware
    I5500LUYJPL Android 2.2.1 - 2011 Jun (USA)
    I5503DXJP8 Android 2.2 - 2011 Jun (Asia)
    I5500XFJPQ Android 2.2 - 2011 May (Europe)
    I5500XWJPJ Android 2.2 - 2011 May (Europe)
    I5500XWJPL Android 2.2 - 2011 April (Europe)
    I5508ZCKP2 Android 2.2 - 2011 January (Asia)
    I5500XWJP9 Android 2.2 - 2011 January (Europe)
    I5500LUYJP2 Android 2.2 - Froyo (USA)
    I5508ZNJP3 Android 2.2 - Froyo (Asia)
    I5500XWJJ6
    I5500XWJH4
    I5500XWJI1
    I5500XWJI2

pass= samfirmware.com

thanx to samfirmware.com

Flashing Tool & Guide
    Odin v4.28 & Ops File

1. Extract Odin v4.28 and Ops File.zip I5500XXXX.rar
    2. Open Odin v4.28,
    - Select OPS tab: EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops
    - Select BOOT tab: I5500XXXXX_BOOTLOADER.tar.md5
    - Select PHONE tab: I5500XXXXX_amss_phone_CL462398.tar.md5
    - Select PDA tab: I5500XXXXX_PDA_CL500331.tar.md5
    - Select CSC tab: I5500XXXXX_CSC_SER_CL498242.tar.md5
    - Make sure Auto Reboot & Protect OPS selected in Option tab
    *If you have 1 file is this the PDA.tar
    You can flash only the pda file.

- Make sure One Package selected in Option tab
    3. Turn off phone, remove battery for 5second, put it back
    4. Hold "Volume Down, Center button & Power button" in the same time to enter Download Mode
    5. Connect to PC with USB cable
    6. When the data line and the phone connection is successful, com port shows yellow in Odin
    7. Press Start on Odin
    8. Waitin & Pray!
    9. PASS, its done!

*Hard reset after flashing *2767*3855#
    *Check ur Phone Info *#*#1234#*#*

Samsung Android Secret Code
    Code:
    *#*#4636#*#* - Phone Information
    [/URL]*2767*3855# - [B]Hard Reset[/B]
    *#*#7780#*#* - [B]Factory Reset[/B]
    *#*#7594#*#* - Change End Call/Power Option
    *#*#197328640#*#* - Service Mode
    *#*#273283*255*663282*#*#* - File Copy Screen (Backup Media Files)
    *#*#526#*#* - WLAN Test
    *#*#232338#*#* - Shows WiFi MAC address
    *#*#1472365#*#* - GPS Test
    *#*#1575#*#* - Another GPS test
    *#*#232331#*#* - Bluetooth test
    *#*#232337#*# - Shows Bluetooth device address
    *#*#8255#*#* - GTalk Service Monitor

[B]Codes to launch various Factory Tests:[/B]

*#*#0283#*#* - Packet Loopback
    *#*#0*#*#* - LCD test
    *#*#0673#*#* - Melody test
    *#*#0842#*#* - Device test (Vibration test and BackLight test)
    *#*#2663#*#* - Touch screen version
    *#*#2664#*#* - Touch screen test
    *#*#0588#*#* - Proximity sensor test
    *#*#3264#*#* - RAM version
    [B]
    Codes to get Firmware version information:[/B]

*#*#4986*2650468#*#* - PDA, Phone, H/W, RFCallDate
    *#*#1234#*#* - PDA and Phone
    *#*#1111#*#* - FTA SW Version
    *#*#2222#*#* - FTA HW Version
    *#*#44336#*#* - PDA, Phone, CSC, Build Time, Changelist number
    Hi everyone,

I'm working on the GT-I5500 for about 10 days, played alot, flashed alot and i finaly got to learn how it works
    Well i have created a modified froyo version based on samsung's I5500LAR0JP2
    Basically i tweaked the initiation scripts and got the powersave gorvernor set to ondemand
    It was performance, so the cpu clock was always at max
    The battery now lasts about 3 times more according to testers and the device aparently is more stable. All the apps are the same
    Setcpu can be removed since the powersave mode is now default

To install it, use the odin procedure as the same as the I5500LAR0JP2
    Remember to do a factory wipe after installing
    Below the file, DO NOT RENAME THE FILE TO .TAR OR ANYTHING ELSE, odin will do the checksum of the file so you know it has been downloaded correcty

tinyurl.com/67wpzzm

At the Lowyat forum there is all the testing and modifications
    forum.lowyat.net/topic/1687862

You can also join the irc channel at freenode.net (webchat.freenode.net channel #gti5500)

All kind of help is welcome

Thanks,

James/Motafoca
    New Firmware

New firmware!!!! on samfirmware.

I5500XWJP9 Europe
    I5500BVJJP7 USA

Anyone tested ?

Update:

Downloaded and installed the usa firmware successfully!!.......Phone starting up with GT-I5500B.......some new icons.....:

1. News & Weather
    2. Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
    3. Energy Saver
    4. Treino Cerebral 3:
    5. Unreceived Calls
    6. Downloads

I was not getting internet connection and saw that the APN Type has changed to Internet.......I selected Internet+MMS+DUN and it started working again.....

Will post again.....let me test and play with it more.........