[Q] lecture notes won't draw to screen under chromi-x

Search This thread

ikkeT

Aug 22, 2011
Hi,

any idea how to get Lecture Notes -app working under cromi-x? It's a notes taking app that allows you to draw on screen. I can see the line get's drawn while I move my finger on screen, but when I raise my finger the line disappears.

I believe the app writes to some display buffer while I draw, and when I raise the finger it writes the drawing into some other display memory buffer. Now this other buffer does not get drawn to screen. It is likely some chromi-x optimization that breaks this now. Any idea which, and how to get this working again? I recall it asked something about screen optimization while installing chromi-x, but how to disable that now that it's installed?

There is free trial version of Lecture Notes if any of you are kind enough to check this.

BR,

ikke

sparksd

Sep 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi,

any idea how to get Lecture Notes -app working under cromi-x? It's a notes taking app that allows you to draw on screen. I can see the line get's drawn while I move my finger on screen, but when I raise my finger the line disappears.

I believe the app writes to some display buffer while I draw, and when I raise the finger it writes the drawing into some other display memory buffer. Now this other buffer does not get drawn to screen. It is likely some chromi-x optimization that breaks this now. Any idea which, and how to get this working again? I recall it asked something about screen optimization while installing chromi-x, but how to disable that now that it's installed?

There is free trial version of Lecture Notes if any of you are kind enough to check this.

BR,

ikke

I have the paid version and it works fine under CROMi-X 5.4 and _that's V8 kernel. Not using rom2sd or data2sd, just "stock" flash install.

ikkeT

Aug 22, 2011
Nope, only the lecture notes so far. I also have the kernel that came with the cromi-x 5.3. I will try the upgrade once I get it downloaded. I'm on travel, and the download just doesn't succeed now. Tomorrow...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

ikkeT

Aug 22, 2011
Finally at home and I got the latest 5.4 cromi-x rom downloaded. I installed it with dpi 213 selected. I didn't select the force use of GPU -option. Still the same, the lecture notes drawing doesn't appear.

I know the app draws, since I see the lines momentarily if I select an area to be cut. But then the drawing disappears again. I have cleaned the temp files and data from lecture notes. No help.

Any ideas?

sparksd

Sep 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
Finally at home and I got the latest 5.4 cromi-x rom downloaded. I installed it with dpi 213 selected. I didn't select the force use of GPU -option. Still the same, the lecture notes drawing doesn't appear.

I know the app draws, since I see the lines momentarily if I select an area to be cut. But then the drawing disappears again. I have cleaned the temp files and data from lecture notes. No help.

Any ideas?

I use the 240 DPI option - one possible difference.

ikkeT

Aug 22, 2011
Oops, I take it back, it works now! I had left the "force GPU rendering" on afterall during my last nights debugs. That removed ot works now with the latest 5.4 version. Yay \o/

ikkeT

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks guys for your encouragement that I got to know it's possible to get it working!