shut down

Search This thread

Bengaz

Apr 20, 2007
Hi. Is there an app or something to shut down or reboot the note? (not a quick reboot)

D

davexeno

Hold your power button, the buttom to the top right of the note (on the side) until it vibrates slightly (around 2seconds) and it will prompt you with a menu where you can shut down the note.

Bryce2010

Feb 15, 2010
I use a free app called quick boot in the market. You can power off, reboot & boot into recovery without using the hardware buttons. If you buy the paid version you can do a hot-boot

Bryce2010

Feb 15, 2010
If you are considering rooting I would just read as much as you can. There are step-by-step guides here and all over internet. Just make sure you read carefully and follow all instructions. Be aware of the risks - however I've never bricked a device if you are careful and dont do anything silly (like flash a kernal or something for the wrong device).

But yes I think you will loose info as a wipe may be required when rooting first time... but again, just read the instructions and all the info!

sujal

Dec 29, 2010
Delhi
You won't lose anything by rooting. No information nothing! You will rather gain root access and then you can install the very best apps android has to offer! :D

And wipe is only required when you're switching between different custom ROMs. But even this data can be backed up using apps like Titanium Backup or by creating a full system backup through various recoveries like ClockWorkMod Recovery.

PM me if you need any help with this. :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Last edited: