Restart loop

Search This thread

ph3n0ngr

Jan 8, 2011
Thessaloniki
hello. i have s4 5 months.today as i opened my browser my phone shuted down. i removed the battery and when i put the battery back it opens without power button stuck 2seconds on samsung galaxy s4 logo and turned off.any ideas ?

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
hello. i have s4 5 months.today as i opened my browser my phone shuted down. i removed the battery and when i put the battery back it opens without power button stuck 2seconds on samsung galaxy s4 logo and turned off.any ideas ?

By the coincidence, is your batt serial no beginning with BD? If so, look on the battery. Is it swollen a bit? If so - call samsung, they will replace battery free of charge.
If not, try to connect phone to charger, insert battery, go to recovery and make full wipe.

ph3n0ngr

Jan 8, 2011
Thessaloniki
also...when i have battery off and put it on again the phone powers on without pressing the power button....it shows samsung galaxy s4 logo and then turned off.... Also...when i plug the charger and put the battery back to phone phone does not respond...

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
ok, this may be tricky.
while keeping volume down and home - slice battery in. If phone would boot in download mode (even just for a while) - then it will be power button issue.

Jaa-Yoo

Jul 24, 2007
Im digging up this post because this is the same problem i had.
I ended up removing the power button all together, carefully popped it off the motherboard. The phone no longer boots for a couple secs and powers off again so i think the power button was the issue. Now i have the problem of powering on the phone. I tried booting into download mode (to have the reboot option) by holding volume down+home while plugging it in but nothing happens, all i get is the battery charging icon. Ive been into download mode before i removed the button, but like the OP, it would only be a second or 2 before rebooting. Am i doing the correct procedure for download mode? Perhaps my timing is off? Any suggestions?
At least i do get the battery charge and it stays until i unplug the phone, no more boot loop!

Jaa-Yoo

Jul 24, 2007
Im digging up this post because this is the same problem i had.
I ended up removing the power button all together, carefully popped it off the motherboard. The phone no longer boots for a couple secs and powers off again so i think the power button was the issue. Now i have the problem of powering on the phone. I tried booting into download mode (to have the reboot option) by holding volume down+home while plugging it in but nothing happens, all i get is the battery charging icon. Ive been into download mode before i removed the button, but like the OP, it would only be a second or 2 before rebooting. Am i doing the correct procedure for download mode? Perhaps my timing is off? Any suggestions?
At least i do get the battery charge and it stays until i unplug the phone, no more boot loop!

Ok so i managed to get the phone to power up without going into download mode using this method i found on youtube. No boot loop and fully powered up now, the only thing is that im stuck on the lock screen. My friend cant remember his pin so i cant get in, the only option left now is to boot into recovery and do a factory reset yes? Well, how can i do that without a power button? Any suggestions?:confused: