Apps installer, better options?

Search This thread

Lemcott

Mar 16, 2010
the main gripe i have with my addiction to installing new roms every so often is the apps back up and instillation.

I use Astro, and the 2 problems i have are:
-having to sit there and click install, then done over and over again
-it doesnt register in the marketplace that you have that app installed.

to explain the second one more clearly: if you download and install an app from the marketplace, it automatically alerts you for updates, but if you install from astro, your stuck with the version you have backup-ed unless you go into the market place and re-download it.

is there any auto-installer known? or something to link apps to their marketplace pages? I realize the installing thing is probably a set security standard in android, so i'm not really expecting one for that

t2noob

Feb 26, 2010
I just recently got the donate version of titanium back up and I think thats definetly worth it, the only bad thing about it is that you need root in order to get it, so if you have root go ahead and get the donate version of titanium back up.

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY
I wrote a script they uses busy box to install the apps. if you search fort my past posts you might be able to find the code I wrote. Its completely free compared to titanium. It wait about 10 hours when I get home from work to upload the code.

Sent from my Eris using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

UPDATE:

I uploaded my scripts to a new thread. go to this link to download them and to discuss any feedback or issues you are having with them.

Last edited: