[Q] Xperi GO touch screen problems

Search This thread

Vishpon

Apr 12, 2014
After few months of updating to JB 6.2.A.1.100 version, the phone started to have touch screen problems. No physical damage inflicted to the phone to misbehave and as usual Sony service centre guys is suggesting almost half the phone cost in replacing touch pad/digitizer etc.

Have been reading XDA forums for the last 2-3 weeks and find interesting work has been done. Thanks to many developers who are putting their valuable time and effort in this.

Coming back to my problem, I did everything - rooting, unlocking bootloader, flashing original firmware right from GB/ICS/JB and nothing worked. For all these, i used Sony Mobile Flasher by Androxyde.

The service test on touch pad still shows dark patch areas on the left side of the phone (almost 12mm running from top to bottom) and few more smaller patches on the right side well.

Still annoying and don't know what to carryout further. I could learn about bloatware removal, tips and tricks to make the phone run efficiently etc. My current dilemma - will attempting Kit Kat 4.4.2 (either Omni or Cyanogenmod) will solve the problem?

So far I have never flashed any custom roms. Whats the advise? Or I have missed something that could be the magic bullet.

I would like to pursue and attempt to repair instead junking the device