Jan 16, 2009
Bug

screen57.png

XPERIA X1 Has no G-sensor.

team.fluxion

Aug 26, 2010
Mumbai
www.teamfluxion.co.cc
I just tried the XP app... love it, but I found a bug.

If I start Opera and exit it, upon returning to XP, it comes back as Portrait rather than landscape and you have to exit the application in order to get back to normal.

A side note, the screen sensitivity could use some tweaking (make it a bit more sensitive). And maybe larger icons (lower screen density) would make it a bit more finger friendly.

Good job otherwise!!

Edit: I made an article for this thread, which will go live shortly... you will get more feedback now ;)

Thanks.
Now try the v3.0, please report any problems.

Ethermind

Jan 16, 2009
Now works, hehe : )

But on 800x480 icons on desktop and wallpaper looks stretched.
Also startup (logon) window also looks stretched.

Another problem described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7851666&postcount=8

And YES, I have 4Gb gard, it's path is \StorageSD\, can be founded in registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMemory]
"Folder"="StorageSD"

But in the same time I have access to the storage card via (C:\) then (C:\StorageSD\)

Folders on desktop Apps, Games also doesnt work - the same error.

Any way to customize wallpaper and logon gui? :)

Last edited:

yarach

Oct 19, 2009
Nijmegen
looks great. But it would be almost perfect if you included a working Log in screen. Or even a boot screen to it. I showed this some friends of mine, and they belive this is the real XP :) Some screens (like configuration screen) still don't look like the real xp ones. Also working minimization and dragging the windows around the screen would be perfect.

Reactions: team.fluxion

joecruz

Jul 6, 2006
I'm very attentively following this thread, the xp app seems like a dream come true for a new GUI/interface. By the way, to those who've tried, how smooth is it? Lags, hangs, etc do they occur? Also please state you processor speed because of course you can't compare a snapdragon 1ghz speed to the other lower processors

topfox

Dec 6, 2009
New York
first off this is a great app, I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Now i have the stock tmobile US htc hd2 6.5 and Xp Mod runs smooth, but a lil problem with the desktop folders i have to keep tapping on them for them to POP up ... also I don't know if its me or n ot but the Xp Mod App only shows half of the screen ... how can i get it to show full screen ? I have the Xp Mod 3.0

doep007

Nov 4, 2009
it's looks very nice!

but only all the text is on my screen unreadable
i've got an Hp data messenger, screen is 320x 240

and if i push on all programs on start menu, i get an error.

edit: and it would be nice if you press on the time there shows up a bigger clock or something.

edit 2: if i open mine keyboard and close it. i get also an error, i think because mine device hasn't got an g sensor. and mine device rotates the screen automatically if i open mine keyboard.

Last edited:

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
When you set the UI to be right-handed, it "boots" in portrait, and main display is shown only on half of screen (the portrait 480px part), the rest is white. Opening IE opens IE but crashes the XP.
Giving BACK hardware key in Settings makes it crash too. When trying to open \Windows via writing path using hardware keyboard (havent tried SW one) makes it f.k up - looks like frozen, on keyboard closing it goes into black screen (because it changed to portrait).

I had another 3 crashes, but forgot to note them. Once I get there, I will write them.

Ethermind

Jan 16, 2009
For XPERIA left\right hand work OK.
Sliding keyboard make error.
Running explorer ok, but after closing it error appears.

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Hi there

Very cool app indeed :D As advertised runs smoothly on my low spec device, 240x320, just that in explorer view "detail" stays on "small icons"

Keep up and thank you :)

My mistake, its working fine, since folders appear first on top, I didn't notice the change between the 2 (Size column appears in "details") BTW small typo in the drop down menu: should be Large Icons instead of Large Icon.

Here's some screens 1 shows minuscule fonts, unreadable of course :)
2 for the possibility to get the classic view, without all this area on the left that doesn't work anyway so we can get more screen for the details

picture.php
picture.php

I also found out that icons on the desktop work actually, just double tap on them, can you add option in the settings for single tap?

Thank you guys and again, great idea! :D

manasgirdhar

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester
Hey just test you XP Mod on HTC Hd mini.The Fonts dont are messed up..Unreadable.The App only works in left hand landscape,unable to get to right hand.The x button at top Sometimes Not working...Otherwise great app.Please try to fix the mentioned Bugs

enigma1nz

I like it. A LOT!!!! Works nicely on my old baby HTC Universal and gives it a completely new look, quite impressive. No bugs or annoyances noticed so far, other than icons missing for pretty much everything other than folders and home screen icons are too tiny. Thanks so much. :)

Last edited:

team.fluxion

Aug 26, 2010
Mumbai
www.teamfluxion.co.cc
Loads alright on HD2 and looks and sounds like the real deal. However, are the icons on the XP home screen supposed to work?? Can access my documents, etc by pressing on Start then navigating thru the submenus but not directly from the XP home screen. Nice start though
The icons on the homescreen are too 'Double Click' activated, so you may try double clicking.

team.fluxion

Aug 26, 2010
Mumbai
www.teamfluxion.co.cc
Now works, hehe : )

But on 800x480 icons on desktop and wallpaper looks stretched.
Also startup (logon) window also looks stretched.

Another problem described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7851666&postcount=8

And YES, I have 4Gb gard, it's path is \StorageSD\, can be founded in registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMemory]
"Folder"="StorageSD"

But in the same time I have access to the storage card via (C:\) then (C:\StorageSD\)

Folders on desktop Apps, Games also doesnt work - the same error.

Any way to customize wallpaper and logon gui? :)
Thanks for the suggestion, Insha Allah, it will be included in the next release.

team.fluxion

Aug 26, 2010
Mumbai
www.teamfluxion.co.cc
looks great. But it would be almost perfect if you included a working Log in screen. Or even a boot screen to it. I showed this some friends of mine, and they belive this is the real XP :) Some screens (like configuration screen) still don't look like the real xp ones. Also working minimization and dragging the windows around the screen would be perfect.
Brilliant idea!
Insha Allah, this will be included in one of the future releases.
Thanks for reporting back!

team.fluxion

Aug 26, 2010
Mumbai
www.teamfluxion.co.cc
first off this is a great app, I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Now i have the stock tmobile US htc hd2 6.5 and Xp Mod runs smooth, but a lil problem with the desktop folders i have to keep tapping on them for them to POP up ... also I don't know if its me or n ot but the Xp Mod App only shows half of the screen ... how can i get it to show full screen ? I have the Xp Mod 3.0
The Desktop icons need to be double tapped.
Thanks for posting back!

team.fluxion

Aug 26, 2010
Mumbai
www.teamfluxion.co.cc
it's looks very nice!

but only all the text is on my screen unreadable
i've got an Hp data messenger, screen is 320x 240

and if i push on all programs on start menu, i get an error.

edit: and it would be nice if you press on the time there shows up a bigger clock or something.

edit 2: if i open mine keyboard and close it. i get also an error, i think because mine device hasn't got an g sensor. and mine device rotates the screen automatically if i open mine keyboard.
Insha Allah, these problems too will be solved in the next release.
Thanks for reporting back!

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
On my Xperia X1 the following error occurs when I try to open the storage card:

XP Modification for Pocket PCs.exe
DirectoryNotFoundException

bei System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, Boolean file)
bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern)
bei XP_Mod.MainForm.OpenFolder(String foldername, Boolean Back)
bei XP_Mod.MainForm.myMyComputer_DIconClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei XP_Mod.MyComputer.DIcon_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
bei Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
bei XP_Mod.frmSplash.Main()

By the way, I use a German rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you ever want Windows XP in your Pocket PC?
    Then here is a miniature Windows XP which works like a file explorer and looks and sounds just like Windows XP!

Details: (v3.9)
    XP Modification for Pocket PCs is a tool that imitates the looks of Microsoft Windows XP on the Microsoft Windows Mobile platform. It lets you explore your file system and open different file formats using default programs as assigned in your device. It also provides the common file system operations like open with, copy, cut, paste, rename, new folder and provides properties just like the Windows XP. Multi tasking enabled!

XPMod.gif

Features:

• Major bugs in v3.8 solved [NEW]
    • No more stretching on Desktop for Wide screen [NEW]
    • Cut/Copy/Paste bug fixed [NEW]
    • Left pane also works [NEW]
    • Option to activate Desktop icons on a single click
    • Browsing can be multi tasked [NEW]
    • Floating Windows can be moved by dragging
    • Shows all from Bootup to Log Off screens
    • Auto rotates screen using G-Sensor (if available)
    • Shows Windows XP icons for almost every type of file
    • Minimum Requirements: Screen Resolution 320x240 / 400x240 (Low readability)
    • Recommended screen resolution: 640x480 / 800x480 pixels
    • Can be run on a lo-fi Pocket PC smoothly
    • English ROM recommended
    • Compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0 and later

You'll find the download in the attachment.
    Sorry for a buggy release (v3.8),
    Major Bugs are solved in the latest v3.9
    Then here is a miniature Windows XP which works like a file explorer and looks and sounds just like Windows XP!

Hi there

Very cool app indeed :D As advertised runs smoothly on my low spec device, 240x320, just that in explorer view "detail" stays on "small icons"

Keep up and thank you :)

great and nice apps !

but this isn't totally ok on my i900 (240x400) with WM 6.1 in french... even if installed in main memory.

And I do not speak about the fonts which are unreadable, but a folder problem (see attachments).

Keep on good job !
    I just tried the XP app... love it, but I found a bug.

If I start Opera and exit it, upon returning to XP, it comes back as Portrait rather than landscape and you have to exit the application in order to get back to normal.

A side note, the screen sensitivity could use some tweaking (make it a bit more sensitive). And maybe larger icons (lower screen density) would make it a bit more finger friendly.

Good job otherwise!!

Edit: I made an article for this thread, which will go live shortly... you will get more feedback now ;)

Thanks.
    Used to be an old happy user of Xp Mod back in the time I was using Touch Pro2.

This morning, I accidenttally hit a wrong bookmark, and it brought me to http://www.teamfluxion.com/, which gave me a news of XP on Android. Now, being a happy user of Android, I would love to see Xp Mod revive again (or a Vista Mod, 7 Mod would be even more awesome!).

Keep it up guys! Looking forward to a release!