[FAQ] WIDGETLOCKER | Documentation and Help thread! | We have answers!

Search This thread

avvocato.rossi

Nov 13, 2009
Ok, I'll try to describe how to you, if you don't already know how to do this. Go to look and feel in the setting, and select layout. Once you're in the layout, look at top left corner you see a picture of grid. There is a picture of lock at the bottom of grid call the anchor. Pull the grid over the anchor by dragging the arrow in the grid picture. Once you no longer see the anchor, down in the middle of layout, you see where you can enter the grid size manually, go head and enter the grid size you want.Once you're finished, you can go back to your widget lock screen and put the locker any where on the page, because now it's like a widget, and not confined like an anchor.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly without your help that's impossible to reach----
Now it's great

theAlgebraist

Jan 2, 2015
WL & variable sliders

Hi there everyone! First-time poster here, but seasoned reader and viewer of xda forums!

I made this account to ask you guys a question about a certain implementation which has stumped me.

I have multiple ''unlocking'' sliders on my lockscreen (see attachment), but only ONE truly unlocks my screen, while the others via Secure Settings & Tasker do certain stuff. (ask for password, take a picture, lock phone, etc.).

Could you tell me if it is possible to change THE ONE slider that unlocks my phone, depending on ...lets say... the time?
If the time ends in a 9 (eg. 00:49) then the 9th slider unlocks the phone, or, when the time is 11:55 the 5th slider unlocks the phone.
I'm asking you guys, because with this, i will have no need for passwords or patterns for extra security, but a simple, but certain, slide-to-unlock gesture.

Is there a way to make WL so variable?
..please help..

(edit) PS: i hope you all have a great New Year!!

Last edited:

fuzzynco

Oct 29, 2008
HTC One Max
Samsung Galaxy S9
I need a couple of lines of static text -- clock works but has other issues.

Is there any other way to display a couple of lines of static text
for the lock screen, (other than using the built-in clock widget)?
Or perhaps just using the display text fields and suppress
everything else the built in widget displays?

Ideally, a widget that does nothing but display the text .

I'd like to use one of the standard clock / weather widgets
for the clock functionality.

Thanks

zomgalama

Jan 26, 2010
McLean
Hi, I recently got a note 4 and now I can't remove remove the default lockacreenclock on widget locker while I can still remove everything else. Tried clearing data and uninstalled but it still won't work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Gwyn400

Nov 4, 2011
Is there a way to set a lockscreen wallpaper in WidgetLocker without it needing to crop it? I created this wallpaper to perfectly fit with my callendar widget but this keeps happening.
Theres nothing wrong with the wallpaper, it fits perfectly if I set it as the home screen wallpaper and make WidgetLocker use the same wallpaper

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-16-18-32-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-16-18-32-10.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 236

chickensuitcharlie

Apr 7, 2015
Question about what I am going to call "true lock"

Please point me in the right direction if this answer has already been answered somewhere and I missed it. I don't even know if this is possible or if maybe I'm just not smart enough. Disclaimer: I'm fairly new to the smartphone world. The question I have is this: If I put an app on my lock screen such as Phone, or flashlight and I access Phone or flashlight from the lock screen, I know that I can return to the lock screen by pressing the back button. I also see that if I access an app such as Phone of Flashlight from the lock screen if I press the home button I get into the phone. Is there a setting or is it even possible to set the phone so that if I access an app such as phone or flashlight from the lock screen, I can only go back to the lock screen?

hawkwind212

Feb 16, 2011
Falls Church,VA
Moto G Power
Please point me in the right direction if this answer has already been answered somewhere and I missed it. I don't even know if this is possible or if maybe I'm just not smart enough. Disclaimer: I'm fairly new to the smartphone world. The question I have is this: If I put an app on my lock screen such as Phone, or flashlight and I access Phone or flashlight from the lock screen, I know that I can return to the lock screen by pressing the back button. I also see that if I access an app such as Phone of Flashlight from the lock screen if I press the home button I get into the phone. Is there a setting or is it even possible to set the phone so that if I access an app such as phone or flashlight from the lock screen, I can only go back to the lock screen?
I think the question you're asking is one of many reasons that this app needs to be updated. I have stopped using widget locker because the button issue, and the security issue as well Anytime I can push the home button to get into my device, so how can anyone call this app a screen locker? Calling it a screen saver may make more sense because there is no security to speak of with this app.

Using LG-E980 with Tapatalk

chickensuitcharlie

Apr 7, 2015
I think the question you're asking is one of many reasons that this app needs to be updated. I have stopped using widget locker because the button issue, and the security issue as well Anytime I can push the home button to get into my device, so how can anyone call this app a screen locker? Calling it a screen saver may make more sense because there is no security to speak of with this app.

Using LG-E980 with Tapatalk

I actually managed to find exactly what I was looking for this weekend. C Locker locks out the home button. If you go to an app from the lockscreen and press the home button, you get taken back to the lockscreen. I splurged and shelled out the $2.49 for C Locker Pro. You will need to go to Other Options and turn on Enable Return to Lock Screen. Much happiness I am experiencing.

:):)

hawkwind212

Feb 16, 2011
Falls Church,VA
Moto G Power
I actually managed to find exactly what I was looking for this weekend. C Locker locks out the home button. If you go to an app from the lockscreen and press the home button, you get taken back to the lockscreen. I splurged and shelled out the $2.49 for C Locker Pro. You will need to go to Other Options and turn on Enable Return to Lock Screen. Much happiness I am experiencing.

:):)

After I read your reply, I decided to give c locker pro a try. I must say it's much better than widget locker right now in term of security and features. Thank you for mentioning c locker pro, now I don't have to rely on go locker as my screen locker. Too bad for widget locker because if the dev just update the app, it can so much better than it is right now, but as of now, widget locker is just too out dated to be use as a screen locker.

Reactions: chickensuitcharlie

hawkwind212

Feb 16, 2011
Falls Church,VA
Moto G Power
Ok, I was wrong about home button on widget locker. It turns about all I have to do is select the home help feature under advance in a menu. Then select system home as widdget locker will prevent going to the launcher when the home button is pressed. With that said, widget locker still has a lot of updating to do, especially now I have tried C locker, it has many features, such as security and UI that widget locker needs to get.

jean001luc

Aug 2, 2010
Lockscreen

After I slide the slider in widget locker I have to do the same with the next screen where I am presented with the Android lock screen.
Is there anyway to bypass the android slider so it goes straight to the unlock screen where I enter my pin

hawkwind212

Feb 16, 2011
Falls Church,VA
Moto G Power
If you're using the pin of stock lock screen, which you're suppose to turn it off if you're using widget lock. Go to system setting, security, and set lock screen to none. That's about only way you don't have to go through two different lock screen. Either that or don't use widget locker. That's what I'm saying about widget locker, it needs its own lock security, which many other lock screen apps such as c locker or go locker have.

j.lucas

Feb 5, 2015
Hello gentlemen, first I'm sorry for bad English, I use google translator, then I am a very frustrating problem with WidgetLocker, has some skins do not work at all in the app are the skins "sense" do not work, the seed skins "iphone" work, I use a Z3 xperia. someone help me? :confused: :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWXH97dqBh8

VERSEAU44

Dec 28, 2013
Toggle button

Hi,

Do you know if exists (or how create) a toggle boutton (custom slider ?) that would allow me :
1 / state 1 : display an icon n°1 (for the button) and launch a shortcut n°1
2 / by clicking the button, it will switch from previous state n°1 to new state n°2
3 / state 2 : display another icon n°2 and launch another shortcut n°2

It sounds simple to do (1 button toggles in 2 states with 2 icons) but can not (and yet , I spent time for) :crying:

Kinds Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WidgetLocker-6.png

- Settings and custom sliders
    - How-to create a theme [UPDATE SOON]
    - Future updates and wishes

The thread is full of answers and questions. If you do a quick search you might find the answer you were looking for. If you can't
    find it, don't hesitate to ask. There are other users here willing to help you. Feel free to comment in this thread or send me a PM
    if you feel the thread needs an update on any of the steps.

settings.png

After initial setup you can personalize your settings some more. The first thing you're going to wanna edit is the Layout

- The grid size: If you're familiar with LauncherPro or ADW you should know that grid sizes determines how the screen will look.
    WidgetLocker allows for up to 10x10 grid. Try it out and see what you like best. The grid size also changes the way themes look.
    You can think of it like changing your density, unless you use the anchor. It will automatically resize the theme to the appropriate
    size. It doesn't work in landscape mode, though.

- The wallpaper: The issue is that the system can only have one wallpaper and it's shared globally. So WidgetLocker's custom
    wallpapers are just images that WidgetLocker displays as a background. The best fix for this might be for WidgetLocker to let you select
    a file, using gallery or astro or whatever, and then have WidgetLocker do the cropping itself. This way it gets the actual image and can still
    crop it or scale it down (sanely) to avoid using so much memory, but can be done without banding. If you want to do it manually in the mean
    time and are rooted you can replace WidgetLocker's /data/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/files/wallpaper.png with your own. Just make
    sure the resolution matches your phones. Then disable/reenable WidgetLocker to get it to reload.

- Installing a custom slider: Since WidgetLocker 2.0 custom themes are supported and come in the .wltheme.zip format. This means you can
    open it and your phone will prompt you to Install and Add the theme. The themes are saved on your SD card (/data/com.widgetlocker.teslacoilsw/themes).
    You can also copy the theme.wltheme.zip to the folder on your SD card. Naturally the theme will be unavailable once your SD card is mounted to a
    computer or something similar. It will return to normal once you unmount it again. You add the themes you've installed by longpressing the screen and
    choose Custom Slider. There you can do even further settings, like slide from right to left. If not you simply press "Add".

- Advanced settings: You can use Root Helper to avoid seeing the standard Android lockscreen if you have root. This is not something the developer of
    WidgetLocker can do anything about. Check the information found in the application regarding root and standard lockscreen. An alternative is downloading
    NoLock from the Market. If you've got root and a custom ROM loaded you can probably disable the lockscreen under Power Settings.

How-to_theme-5.png

1) Create a new document.

The height of the slider is 150 - but we're going to add two extra pixels. WidgetLocker uses _3.png which allows for up and downsizing of the sliders. That means the
    themes can be used with basically any device, ranging from HTC Wildfire to the Motorola Xoom. It's still not a hundred percent - but it's a hell of a lot better than the
    old way of theming. More on _3.png in the next step

1.png

2) The black pixel (_3.png)

As you can see in the image below I've added a 1x1 pixel on the very top of my image. You can either zoom in a couple of times or create a smallest box you possibly
    can in full view. The pixel has to be 1x1 if not it'll be shown in the theme. Which doesn't look good. In the picture below I'm zoomed in at 200 % (I think).

2.png

Continue making your design.

3.png

3) The slider

The actual size of the slider you can change around just as much as the background. I usually go with the same height, that way aligning the slider and background seems
    easier. This is pretty self explanatory, see the below image.

4.png

Continue making your design.

5.png

This is what you want your themes folder to look like. The slider_right is fully transparent. There's no need to actually make it transparent. If your background doesn't contain
    any text you can include a second arrow (like above) but the other way so other users can choose themselves if the want to slide left or right. (Protip)

6.png

Then finally .zip the themes-folder!

7.png

updates.png

[ COMMENT YOUR WISHES AND AND I'LL ADD THEM HERE! ]

Email between zHk3R and Kevin@TeslaCoil.

Themes:

The image heights don't allow sliders to appear on the very bottom of screen. This goes especially for the iphone themes. The slider
    and background height don't look the same height no matter what I try in Photoshop. There are other users that are reporting this; Is it a user issue
    or something that should be addressed?

It's my fault for poor examples and documentation, but can be handled by themers. I should've made the default iPhone background 152px tall so themers
    would know to keep that, but didn't. Themes assume HDPI, so one standard slider row is 150px tall. Three Patch images have the 1 pixel border on all sides,
    so a 152px tall background will perfectly fill out one standard row. WidgetLocker will scale/stretch the image if the row size is different. I've attached an ugly
    iPhone theme to demonstrate.
    Same idea for the sense slider, it defaults to two rows, so 300px background, no need for the 2 extra pixels since it's not a three patch.

Is there a possibility to disable the Sense clock?

I'll add this soon. Not 2.0.1, but probably 2.0.2.

Wishes:

More ways to unlock the screen! It'd be great if we could make a slider like the one attached. That'd be freaking awesome to be honest with you.
    That's something people have even have been sending me PMs about!

I think the attached could be done, remove the Anchor then resize an iPhone slider to be vertical. But the theme would like kind of funny horizontally since WL
    rotates the other direction.

I'm definitely planning on some more unlock methods. HoneyComb for sure, possibly something like MIUI, and maybe the Samsung puzzle unlock as well as the Samsung
    sweep glass (Which is kind of similar to that WP7 one, except for the transparent part.

Android 2.1 and 2.3, but not 2.2, could handle transparent WidgetLocker pretty easily, 2.2 has some bug where lock screen interactions are difficult for a transparent activity.
    I can work around it, but it's a pain since most of my users are on 2.2. But it's on my radar.
    [ empty space ]
    [ empty space ]
    Hi everyone :3

How do you like the new WidgetLocker? I love it.

So, now that 2.0 is on the Market modding WidgetLocker this way is pretty much obsolete. The new theming system makes it a hell of a lot easier. As for a new thread to keep mods: Do you guys want me to start a new thread?

I want to thank anyone who has contributed with mods, suggestions and fixes. I apologize for the lack of updates on this thread but I've been busy with ..life. Yes, poor excuse but that's the one I'm going with.

As for themes here are three I made recently:

Simplism
    MNML Gradient
    MNML Light