We need your support - T-Mobile/Samsung - Give us an update!

Search This thread

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
I think we should contact most of the devs and have them put this on top of their OP.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Dattack

Dec 14, 2010
Signed but as mentioned, I would be happy with 2.2.1 update. Seems like there are a lot of 2.2.1 Roms that were just pushed aside.

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
I think we should contact most of the devs and have them put this on top of their OP.

Exactly. I put a link to this thread at the top of my Miui guide, that should help a bit. However someone should contact neobuddy89 and have him put it at the top of his ICS rom thread. His rom has 5K+ posts and is always at the top of the dev. section... It's viewed by thousands daily!... Unless someone else does it, I'll do it myself when I get home.

Sent from my SGH-T959 (Samsung Vibrant)

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Exactly. I put a link to this thread at the top of my Miui guide, that should help a bit. However someone should contact neobuddy89 and have him put it at the top of his ICS rom thread. His rom has 5K+ posts and is always at the top of the dev. section... It's viewed by thousands daily!... Unless someone else does it, I'll do it myself when I get home.

Its on his thread but its in the middle where I don't think most people even look at ... ask him to put it on top?

VeryCoolAlan

May 17, 2009
Signed! Even though I'm not a Vibrant user anymore, it would be cool for justice to be served! :D

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
463 signatures, almost 500! If we keep at this pace in a little less then a week we may be able to reach 1,000+! :D

duboi97

Feb 1, 2011
MO
Someone needs to post this on Samsungjohn's twitter and post this in the rest of the Galaxy S Variant's forums. We'd get a ton of publicity.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
I think we could have done it for other phones too, but the petition already says for the Vibrant. If it said ICS for all Galaxy S Variants, it could EASILY get 1k+ signs.

duboi97

Feb 1, 2011
MO
I think we could have done it for other phones too, but the petition already says for the Vibrant. If it said ICS for all Galaxy S Variants, it could EASILY get 1k+ signs.

Regardless we should still do it. It doesn't hurt to try. They may have some sympathy towards us vibrant users.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want more information on this topic please visit the new, redone, 'We Need Your Support' thread at:

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1427969

We have gotten no news of any kind of update for our Samsung Vibrants. No Gingerbread update, not even a small 2.2.1 update, and I honestly believe that's just plain wrong. This has nothing to do with this phone being too slow or too old to run Gingerbread, heck.. it can even run Ice Cream Sandwich. And before you stop reading, no.. this isn't one of those threads that is just posted to complain, we have to do something about this. Maybe some people don't care for an update, maybe some don't understand what an actual OFFICIAL update could do for us users and devs. The lack of support for this device from both T-Mobile and Samsung has been horrible. Ask a representative from T-Mobile about an update, they'll say; Oh, It's coming.. Samsung is working on it. Ask a representative from Samsung about an update, they'll say; It's being worked on.. no ETA. So now, either both of the companies are clueless of their own product, and honestly don't know what is going on, or they just won't give us a straight.. 'No, you won't be getting an update.' which I think is dumb. I got hooked on Android because of it's openness, the support and the community. One of the only major updates that we got was through KIES, it wasn't even OTA. Maybe most of you don't care, but T-Mobile and Samsung should do right by us. I don't care about getting the latest and the greatest, I honestly would respect both Samsung and T-Mobile more if they gave us a straight answer.

So, what I'm asking is.. please help us by signing this petition and spreading the link wherever you can, because we have the power to fight this, we have the numbers and we can do it. This phone isn't super old, it's one of the best phones I've owned. Samsung did a great job with it, but that gives them no reason to stop supporting it. I got this on a two year contract, they should atleast support it for two years, and simply because it's in the Android spirit.

Link here: http://www.change.org/petitions/bri...-s-varients-samsungt-mobile-give-us-an-update

Please feel free to spread it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, anywhere you see fit! If we get some headline news on Android blogs and sites, that'd be great, too!

Samsung and T-Mobile, we need an answer.
    Sounds good. Together we'll bring this movement to the attention of the Galaxy S community and maybe get the long awaited update. Let's get cooking...
    cook.gif
    (Woodrube)
    cook.gif
    (xridderx66)
    cook.gif
    (theexel)
    cook.gif
    (N00B_IN_N33D)
    I was already thinking that very thing. Not to exclude anyone but we don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. Ill PM it to the 3 of you then we can collectively edit
    I can try to type a rough draft up and have you, Wood, and n00b read over it and see what we can do from there. We just need to get Sammy and T-Mobile to actually look at it and look at people wanting the update. Many of our GS users have given up on updates.

I have something already typed up, just need to clean it up. I also have a canned-type header that we can put in the other threads so that 1 they will read it and 2 they don't get pissed at us for posting in their forums even though it would be beneficial to them. You know how territorial these places are. Ill post it up in the morning, so lets leave it as is until then. Sound good.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work in almost 2weeks, so I can't think of a better time waster for there. I work for a law firm so I good writing skills.
    guys. we need to create ONE formal message to all the galaxy s variants Theexcel if you did that i'd be honored to copy and paste it to every Galaxy S forum.
    Please no one but theexcel, woodrube, n00b in n33d or me post anywhere. we need to get organized before just randomly posting "sign this [link]"