MJ7 Note 3 Exynos wakelock culprit found!

Search This thread

AeonXS

Sep 30, 2013
Yesterday I charged the phone 100% after rurning off the charger kept it untouched for 30 minutes lost 1% battery cause of wakelock.

I had not rebooted the phone for a few days so some apps I used where still running like a dictionary I use which prevents the phone from sleeping.

I used the phone for 70 minutes to watch videos on MX Player for 68 minutes and using tapatalk for 2 minutes then restarted the phone before I went to bed. I had 86% battery left & It was 1.10 am then.

Today I again started using the phone at 12.05 pm or so & I was amazed that my battery was at 83%

pada6a6e.jpg

Conclusion: The wakelock is not the fault of Google' Android OS but it's a but that left unresolved by Samsung which does not kill apps completely after using them.
I had removed the dictionary from current tasks, killed running apps using both task manager's RAM Cleanup & Clean Master's memory boost yet the app didn't get killed completely & it's Battery permission which states that the dictionary will prevent the phone from sleeping triggered the stay awake(wakelock) of the Android OS. When I restarted the phone the dictionary got killed completely and thus the phone ate very very less battery.

This was just one app, we have multiple apps inatalled on our phone which prevent it from sleeping.

I really would like to report this to Samsung before they put KitKat out for Exynos Note 3, posting here since at least there are many people here who can help me do so. So that we can have a better user experience with our phone in the future.

Closing Statement: in short poor Task Management & Apps not geeting killed completely trigger Wakelocks.

Solution: Restart the phone before you keep it unused for long durations so you wint suffer from Wakelocks.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk