Kindle fire stuck in reboot loop

Search This thread

jonduben

Jan 21, 2014
This is somewhat unique, I haven't found an exact duplicate of this problem yet, but basically I have 2 original KF's. I rooted them months ago, and installed android 4.2 on them. I got a couple new tablets and decided to bring these back to factory defaults, so I went through the process. One worked great and is currently able to do everything as per usual. The second is in a perpetual boot loop. I can't get FFF or TWRP to install because it won't stay booted long enough. It will boot usually with the Kindle Fire gold and white text, and then go to the unlock screen. Once I swipe to unlock, I get a handful of errors about processes not working properly. I can navigate around for right about 20 seconds before it immediately reboots. There is no shutdown process, just a black screen and then the KF logo again. I have a full charge and I am at a loss, any suggestions?

kesman

Jun 7, 2012
I would love to, but I can't get it to connect to the PC long enough to do anything, how can I do that?

This is my problem exactly as well! I got rid of the error messages by clearing the data of contacts, contacts storage and calendar applications.
You can do this from settings -> applications -> all applications

Any help for the continuous lock screen -> home screen -> boot logo -> lock screen -loop would be appreciated!

I ran TWRP and had a custom rom on it before, but then reverted back to stock rom and am now running 6.3.2 from Amazon itself without any custom bootloaders.

kesman

Jun 7, 2012
So I got mine working, and now I feel really super embarassed.
Not sure which trick finally did it, but here's what I did:

I can't paste links yet as I am a newb user on the forum, but google for "kindle fire usb debugging" and open the result saying "Setting Up Your Kindle Fire Tablet for Testing". Note that there are two steps in that guide, first install the Amazon provided USB-driver and then prepare your Kindle.

Then the embarassing part: change the USB-port. I tried with three different cables and four different ports. Apparently the ports on the front of my desktop pc aren't good for this. After switching ports to behind my pc, Kindle Fire Utility all of a sudden was able to push in TRWP and FireFireFire bootloader!

4th: Wipe EVERYTHING using TRWP. Everything might not be necessary, but I figured why not. Even the SDcard had to go.

5th: Push in an older TRWP with instructions from here: teamw.in/project/twrp2/79
The instructions are a bit messy, after "idme bootmode 4002" you should exit the adb shell and run the fastboot command.
Having the older TRWP seems to be the only way to install Amazon's stock rom, newer ones give me errors. The version I used was 2.2.2.1.
I also installed the 6.3.1 version of the stock rom just to be sure, and let Kindle do the update afterwards on its own.

Everything seems to be working now, hope you'll get yours working too!

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
So I got mine working, and now I feel really super embarassed.
Not sure which trick finally did it, but here's what I did:

I can't paste links yet as I am a newb user on the forum, but google for "kindle fire usb debugging" and open the result saying "Setting Up Your Kindle Fire Tablet for Testing". Note that there are two steps in that guide, first install the Amazon provided USB-driver and then prepare your Kindle.

Then the embarassing part: change the USB-port. I tried with three different cables and four different ports. Apparently the ports on the front of my desktop pc aren't good for this. After switching ports to behind my pc, Kindle Fire Utility all of a sudden was able to push in TRWP and FireFireFire bootloader!

4th: Wipe EVERYTHING using TRWP. Everything might not be necessary, but I figured why not. Even the SDcard had to go.

5th: Push in an older TRWP with instructions from here: teamw.in/project/twrp2/79
The instructions are a bit messy, after "idme bootmode 4002" you should exit the adb shell and run the fastboot command.
Having the older TRWP seems to be the only way to install Amazon's stock rom, newer ones give me errors. The version I used was 2.2.2.1.
I also installed the 6.3.1 version of the stock rom just to be sure, and let Kindle do the update afterwards on its own.

Everything seems to be working now, hope you'll get yours working too!
you can also install the flashable zip version of 2.2.2.1 in current TWRP.

fooz

Dec 22, 2010
This is somewhat unique, I haven't found an exact duplicate of this problem yet, but basically I have 2 original KF's. I rooted them months ago, and installed android 4.2 on them. I got a couple new tablets and decided to bring these back to factory defaults, so I went through the process. One worked great and is currently able to do everything as per usual. The second is in a perpetual boot loop. I can't get FFF or TWRP to install because it won't stay booted long enough. It will boot usually with the Kindle Fire gold and white text, and then go to the unlock screen. Once I swipe to unlock, I get a handful of errors about processes not working properly. I can navigate around for right about 20 seconds before it immediately reboots. There is no shutdown process, just a black screen and then the KF logo again. I have a full charge and I am at a loss, any suggestions?

I'm having the exact same issue. Were you able to fix yours?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
file should be 204 MB (214,586,505 bytes) MD5: 89A4DEF015289F2291BF502E09A70554 see https://sites.google.com/site/sdshadowscollection/home/hash-checksums

update-kindle-6.3.3_D01E_4112920.bin[/QUOTE]Probably need a fastboot cable to fix, Amazon has locked that version down pretty good.
see my Using Factory/Fastboot Cable to Flash FFF Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

if the md5 checksum matched
could try the [UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1
but think it is unlikely that will work, with 6.3.3

Last edited:
Reactions: fooz

fooz

Dec 22, 2010
file should be 204 MB (214,586,505 bytes) MD5: 89A4DEF015289F2291BF502E09A70554 see https://sites.google.com/site/sdshadowscollection/home/hash-checksums

update-kindle-6.3.3_D01E_4112920.bin
Probably need a fastboot cable to fix, Amazon has locked that version down pretty good.
see my Using Factory/Fastboot Cable to Flash FFF Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

if the md5 checksum matched
could try the [UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1
but think it is unlikely t will work, with 6.3.3
.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help. Will try this and report back.

Top Liked Posts