[APP][CWM][TWRP][RECOVERY] Freedom Flex for the LG G Flex - Now with Bump!!!

Search This thread

SuperBrolySSJ

Sep 25, 2015

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_223949.jpg
    IMG_20170312_223949.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 366
Reactions: D-FUSE

srasquasz

Aug 9, 2010
Hello D-FUSE,

Is there any update on this?
I've got G Flex D955 version and I'm really happy that something is starting up here.

Will there be some test version of your ROM available for us to test it out soon? :)

dangerzone922

Jul 15, 2012
View attachment 4072337

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Edit: I realized that screenshot was from the LG G3 for Sprint, but you had mentioned the G Flex. Just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly

Heya! So I saw that you said you were developing Android-esque stock ROMs for the LG G Flex (assuming the original one and not the Flex 2 since it is in this forum).

Would this be for all G Flex or only certain carriers? Would you perhaps have some sort of checklist for the Lollipop version you're currently working on? Like what works and what does not?

Sorry for asking a lot. Just excited to know a developer still gives a hoot about this phone. :D

Last edited:

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Wow!!!! I never in a million years would have expected this thread, nor this device to made it to the point it did in this thread, nor the users/followers. I greatly appreciate any and all positives about said efforts on my parts and any others that contributed to so said goals!

Yes, I have been mia for many years now, thanks to covid and.... and ummm, getting older I may get back into things. All depends on the status of getting root on things and advices in devices, we shall see, we shall see!!!

Reactions: mrw187

mrw187

Jun 5, 2012

mrw187

Jun 5, 2012
I just looked at the code for the app and the mediafire link is no longer valid for the recovery.img......

Rooter21_

May 14, 2023
Changelog

To get any updates that are done, just rerun the app. It will automatically check for & download any available updates. This pertains only to the images only.

05-06-2014
  • CWM updated to v6.0.4.8
    • Swipe enabled
  • TWRP Install button fixed

05-07-2014
  • TWRP v2.7.0.0 Working - Confirmed on D950.
  • CWM updated with a more fitting font. ;)
  • APK updated - added reboot button to recovery install activity.

• CWM updated with dual touch/swipe

Note: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!! No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

NOTE: This is only known to work with jellybean currently. This DOES NOT work with kitkat at this time and could even possibly brick your device!!!!!

Now updated with Bump'ed imgs and works with 4.4 kitkat.

Okay folks, We finally got things figured out and working and you can now free your LG G Flex. :)

People to Thank
  • koush - for his awesome recovery.
  • TeamWin - for their awesome recovery.
  • Dees_Troy - for helping, assisting, and sharing with me.
  • djrbliss - for adding loki support.
  • Everyone that tested.

Team Codefire for Bump. Be sure to show these guys your appreciation!!! ;)

• @thecubed/IOMonster - Paypal Donate - discovering the exploit and being Oz behind the curtain!!!
  • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
  • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
  • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
  • @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
  • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

What this app does?
  • Flashes the bootloader (aboot) from the F340K that supports loki.
  • Flashes your choice of Clockworkmod Recovery or TWRP.
  • Options to Backup/Restore your EFS partition.
  • Option to reboot to recovery.
  • Each time the app is ran it checks for the latest zip from my server and automatically downloads if a new zip is uploaded.

Requirements
  • Must be rooted!!!
  • A network connection is needed to download the needed files.
  • Willing to void your warranty!!!

Known Issues
  • Install for TWRP not working.
  • TWRP reported not working on the LS995.
  • This DOES NOT WORK with KitKat 4.4.2. A solution is being worked on to rectify this though. ;)

Supported Devices
  • LG G Flex D955 for Europe - Confirmed working!
  • LG G Flex D958 for Hong Kong & Asia - Confirmed working!
  • LG G Flex D959 for T-Mobile USA - Confirmed working!
  • LG G Flex D950 for AT&T - Confirmed working!
  • LG G Flex LS995 for Sprint - Confirmed working!
  • LG G Flex F340 for Korea - Confirmed working!

The Goods

The apk is also upload here on XDA on the downloads tab. freedom-release.apk

XDA:DevDB Information
Freedom Flex, an application to free your LG G Flex, App for the LG G Flex

Contributors
PlayfulGod, thecubed, Shelnutt2, autoprime, IllegalArgument, AnimatronicRocketReptile, Dees_Troy

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 2.0.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-11-10
Current Beta Version: 1.0.8
Beta Release Date: 2014-05-03

Created 2014-05-03
Last Updated 2014-11-10
When i click the link it says error 404 and google play item not found please help

Rooter21_

May 14, 2023
Note: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!! No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

NOTE: This is only known to work with jellybean currently. This DOES NOT work with kitkat at this time and could even possibly brick your device!!!!!

Okay folks, We finally got things figured out and working and you can now free your LG G Flex. :)

People to Thank
  • Everyone that tested.

• @thecubed/IOMonster - Paypal Donate - discovering the exploit and being Oz behind the curtain!!!
  • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
  • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
  • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
  • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

What this app does?
  • Each time the app is ran it checks for the latest zip from my server and automatically downloads if a new zip is uploaded.

Requirements
  • Must be rooted!!!

Known Issues
  • This DOES NOT WORK with KitKat 4.4.2. A solution is being worked on to rectify this though. ;)

Supported Devices

The Goods

Contributors
PlayfulGod, thecubed, Shelnutt2, autoprime, IllegalArgument, AnimatronicRocketReptile, Dees_Troy

Version Information
Stable

Created 2014-05-03
Last Updated 2014-11-10
I know that this forum is old but i need serious help is freedom flex app still if not please @PlayfulGod can you send me twrp img for d958 and if you see this you can contact me on this email:(mg25802580pro@gmail.com) I hope You see this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

People to Thank
    • Everyone that tested.

What this app does?

Requirements
    • Must be rooted!!!

Known Issues

Supported Devices

The Goods

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2014-05-03
    Last Updated 2014-11-10
    we have rooted kk with our working jb aboot and recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone needs to make sure to thank savoca and his awesome work, all done in about a 1.5hrs!!!!!!!!!!

the goodness is forth coming later tonight!!!!!!!!!
    Changelog

To get any updates that are done, just rerun the app. It will automatically check for & download any available updates. This pertains only to the images only.

05-06-2014
    • CWM updated to v6.0.4.8
      • Swipe enabled
    • TWRP Install button fixed

05-07-2014
    • TWRP v2.7.0.0 Working - Confirmed on D950.
    • CWM updated with a more fitting font. ;)
    • APK updated - added reboot button to recovery install activity.

• CWM updated with dual touch/swipe
    Updates coming today!!! Bump released and yes it works for the Flex.

I need to run a release build of FF and make sure I got my ducks in a row. I will be updating the OP here shortly. ;)

and for all you inspiring devs, you can bump your own imgs too. Just visit http://apps.codefi.re/bump/

Bump would not be possible without the help and support of many people.
    Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!

• @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
    If you need a tester for d955, i'm here .. ;)

I'm pretty confident that one img should work for all again like it did before. ;)