Worse and worse modems?

Search This thread

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
Hi guys,
I was wondering if you encounter the same problems like I do.
Long story short(er):
I own a I9505, with an LTE contract. Over time, and especially once moving to KK, the stability of LTE connection got worse and worse. And there are two problems: instead LTE I have EDGE or worse connection most of the time (the area where I work should have very good network coverage) AND even if appears as connected, internet is not working.
I have tried several (the most important ROMs), the problem is the same. I have tried with the recommended modems (at the moment of install). Finally, I have even switched back to the original ROM for my country. I can say that this was the worse experience of all, basically could not connect to LTE.
So, anyone encountered the same issues?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi guys,
Long story short(er):
I own a I9505, with an LTE contract. Over time, and especially once moving to KK, the stability of LTE connection got worse and worse. And there are two problems: instead LTE I have EDGE or worse connection most of the time (the area where I work should have very good network coverage) AND even if appears as connected, internet is not working.
I have tried several (the most important ROMs), the problem is the same. I have tried with the recommended modems (at the moment of install). Finally, I have even switched back to the original ROM for my country. I can say that this was the worse experience of all, basically could not connect to LTE.
Dial *#1234# and paste here what appears :fingers-crossed:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Hi guys,
Long story short(er):

I feel the same.
I recently flashed the NZ stock firmware via Odin and the NC6 modem that comes with it is terrible!!
I now regularly lose signal and data.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
AP: FNC9
CP: FNC4
CSC: FNC1

As a mention, this is due to the fact that before the current custom ROM I have installed the official firmware for my country.
The normal is that u flash the ROM at the country of ur phone. No of ur country. You have remains of older firmwares there. Is normal that ur phone will be crazy.

1. Make a backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
5. Knowing ur CSC, take a look for this firmware in Sammobile.com
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Dial *#1234# again and take a look if u have the same what Sammobile was telling you. If not, flash again the firmware. (Example in pic attached)

Last edited:
Reactions: okty2k

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
The normal is that u flash the ROM at the country of ur phone. No of ur country. You have remains of older firmwares there. Is normal that ur phone will be crazy.

2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Dial *#1234# again and take a look if u have the same what Sammobile was telling you. If not, flash again the firmware. (Example in pic attached)

Thanks!
Will try that once I get home. As I knew that Black and normal edition only differ on the look... the official one that I flashed was indeed the Black.
All you say makes perfectly sense... :)

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010

3. Conect it to Kies 3

It worked. Up to a point.
I have installed the official firmware and it looked like it was supposed to.
But, as I installed the custom ROM, both CP and CSC file have been modified/changed. So incompatibility still there.

More findings:
if I go in the service menu with *#2263#, if I chose 3G, there is no connection to the network (strange, as I am in the middle of the city, bu tnot unusual). but if I connect to LTE, i cannot make calls anymore. If I choose the mix 3G/LTE, once the LTE signal is lost, it gets back very slow, even if I am back in a zone where there definitely is signal. Basically, if I am on the stairs ro underground parking, lte is lost, 2g is on, and I don't get back lte once I am in the office (or on the street). i MIGHT get it when I change cells....but not a rule.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AP: FNC9
    CP: FNC4
    CSC: FNC1

As a mention, this is due to the fact that before the current custom ROM I have installed the official firmware for my country.

3. Conect it to Kies 3