[Q] ATT D950 OTA 4.4.2 File, Anybody have it?

Search This thread

waynestatemac

Feb 8, 2007
Guys,

I have two T-Mobile D959 which I updated to 4.4.2 using the D-Fuse Rom posted in the forums. I also have a sim unlocked D950 that I would like to update to 4.4.2 as well. It's currently rooted on JB with TWRP recovery. I've read that others have allowed the phone to update using the OTA update for KK on top of rooted JB and that allowed them to keep root. Since we have this phone on T-Mobile with a T-Mobile sim it hasn't popped up about any updates. I clicked on the manual update and it did not find any updates on the server, which I believe because it doesn't have a ATT sim in it. It's also frustrating because it only allows for manual update check every 24 hrs or so.

Does anybody have the OTA file? I'm thinking if I placed the OTA file in the main root directory that the phone should be able to find the file and ask to update itself. I've did this prior with some Motorola tablets. So far I don't see anybody with the OTA D950 posted. I know user hyelton has a zip file containing the tot file posted for D950 KK but its over 1gig and I believe the OTA update was only around 600 MB or so. Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike

Last edited:

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Just use the .tot files if you know where to get them and lg flash tool your flex to KitKat

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

waynestatemac

Feb 8, 2007
Just use the .tot files if you know where to get them and lg flash tool your flex to KitKat

Yup I know where to get the .tot file, but if I use the LG flash tools and the .tot won't I loose the root? I'm thinking of it as the tot file is like flashing a fresh install and you loose any information previously installed. Maybe I'm wrong :confused:

waynestatemac

Feb 8, 2007
Yup I know where to get the .tot file, but if I use the LG flash tools and the .tot won't I loose the root? I'm thinking of it as the tot file is like flashing a fresh install and you loose any information previously installed. Maybe I'm wrong :confused:

Matt maybe I should of just installed the KK tot file and tried the new KK root that is posted on IOROOT thread. I've tried the KK method with one of my D959, but it wouldn't come up with the ADB method in the recovery as required so I had to restore it back to JB to root and add custom recovery and then install D-Fuses KK rom for that phone which is rooted.

I would hate to try a fresh install of KK as this phone as the phone is for my mom and I have it all set up already with apps and emails and what not. It would be the easiest if it would just update without having to redo all that stuff.

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Its probably best that your moms has an unrooted phone. The user experience for someone that knows nothing about all this stuff we do to our phones is much better if its not rooted. And practically idiot proofed

waynestatemac

Feb 8, 2007
Its probably best that your moms has an unrooted phone. The user experience for someone that knows nothing about all this stuff we do to our phones is much better if its not rooted. And practically idiot proofed

Your right for the most part. The only issue I ran across is ATT puts a setting in that wont allow the tether app to work correctly on a none ATT simcard. When you would run the tether it would error out. I had to go in and change a setting in the settings.db file and make a change where att had something set as a 5 to a 0. Others had the same problem. On my D959 tether would work without any modification as my plan allows for 3GB of tethered data. I may just leave her on the rooted JB with TWRP recovery to be on the safe side till a custom recovery is available for KK on these phones.

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
Doesn't work. I've pushed it back into FOTA folder, same place I pulled it from. There must be some behind the scenes checks being done. No way to bypass the ATT servers either to "manually" force the update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app