[MOD][S-OFF] SuperCID Your Amaze!

Search This thread

MentalDeath

Apr 6, 2010
Ontario
Doesn't SuperCID also sim unlock??
Guess it is time for me to test that out.

Well I guess I was wrong :(

Last edited:

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Doesn't SuperCID also sim unlock??
Guess it is time for me to test that out.

Well I guess I was wrong :(

No it does not. Unless we can get our hands on a PH85DIAG.nbh (which will let us clear the SIM Lock from HBoot) file for the Amaze, someone will need to find out how to pull the unlock code from one of the partitions, which may or may not be possible anymore.

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
HTC Drivers are installed adn tried it in Fastboot... When the phone boots in Fastboot, I hear 3 boom boom boom as if the computer sees a device but it's not being recognized... I got an update not too long ago for HTC Sync... I'm trying to find the drivers but can't seem to find them...

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ
HTC Drivers are installed adn tried it in Fastboot... When the phone boots in Fastboot, I hear 3 boom boom boom as if the computer sees a device but it's not being recognized... I got an update not too long ago for HTC Sync... I'm trying to find the drivers but can't seem to find them...

Yep the 3 rapid tones you hear means it's not recognized or can't load the driver. Uninstall the phone from device manager, reboot the computer and try reinstalling (plug it back in) and see if that works.

Reactions: tagme

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
I uninstalled HTC Sync and all the drivers on my pc, removed my phone from device manager, reinstalled everything and it went fine!! I guess the process of S-Off kinda screwed up something!! All is fine now! Thanks!!;)

D

Deleted member 3820412

I hope you don't mind but I came up with a little more in-depth batch script for modifying the CID. Menu Prompts allow you to choose between setting SuperCID and Reverting to T-Mob, Telus, and Wind all with a single tool. I tested everything, let me know of any issues with it.
Edit: Just saw the DnD version, well I guess its a matter of opinion then if you like DnD or menus lol.

Download:
http://db.tt/C4vQzZtH

Last edited by a moderator:

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
lol.. for all you people having trouble with adb out of date and other issues..

Just open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and terminate all the adb processes.

Then try again, it'll work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

So since I had a sensation before the Amaze, I remembered that once we got S-Off, a next step was to obtain SuperCID on the phone. Basically, having SuperCID allows you to flash any ROM, regardless of which carrier it is for. Pretty handy if you have your phone SIM unlocked and wanted to use your Amaze on Wind Mobile or something. Anyway, the steps are from this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300) and original credit goes to "xl VipeR lx" for the Sensation write up.

The usual warning goes here. I'm not responsible for what you do, use this at your own risk!

Required - You MUST have your phone S-Off from Juopunutbear's method first! Go here for that: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611977

Also, if you've upgraded to ICS, the 1.93.0002 SHP Hboot is required to SuperCID!

--------------------------------------

ATTENTION:
    It appears that the ICS update changes the firmware of the phone a bit. This means that using any bootloader other than SHP 1.93.0002 will remove your ability to write SuperCID to your device. This includes the ENG bootloader. It makes no different if you're locked/unlocked and S-OFF, the command doesn't work without being on the proper HBoot. Unfortunately, being on 1.93.0002 also removes your ability to flash partitions directly in Fastboot (ie. fastboot flash recovery, fastboot flash radio, etc) and you must revert to ENG 1.90.2005 in order to use fastboot flash commands.

--------------------------------------

The process is very simple and exactly the same as the Sensation and most S-Off HTC devices:

1. Command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
    2. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
    3. Enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
    4. Enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
    Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
    It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
    Connect your phone via USB
    Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

5. Enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
    6. Enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
    7. Enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
    8. Enter the command "fastboot reboot"
    9. You can now flash any ROM you like.

screen.jpg

To remove SuperCID and return to stock CID:

1. Follow steps 1-4 for SuperCID
    2. Enter the command "fastboot oem writecid __________" <--- Here you will put either T-MOB010 (T-Mobile), TELUS001 (Telus), GLOBA001 (Wind Mobile Canada)
    3. Enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
    4. Enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID has changed]
    5. Enter the command "fastboot reboot"
    6. You are now back on stock CID (for your carrier)

****If you like the automated route, benjamminzIs has provided two batch files, one for SuperCID (for all devices) and one for reverting to stock (T-Mobile only). Place them in your SDK/tools folder and run them!****
    I'll write two .bat scripts for you soon :)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    I'll write two .bat scripts for you soon :)
    Drag n Drop SuperCID - UPDATED HERE!
    use this version instead: http://www.mediafire.com/?igjxm0t3xv1u9y7 updated and now no need to extract to a certain folder, different method than hasoon's though as far as the script goes...

That's okay, I'm just using your original batch files with a couple prompt edits, and bundling it with ADB. Should work fine for the majority of people. Otherwise, people can use the other method you have linked as far as automation goes. The manual commands will always work.
    Here are my scripts. No need to put it in the SDK folder. Just extract and run it!