[ROOT/GUIDE] SM-T210R For Dummies, or Rom display issues

Search This thread

biggyhead

Mar 14, 2012
Talking ROOT SM-T210R SIMPLE and Easy, 8gb, White
Okay so I've been at it for days and i mean like months.... when I first bought my 8 gb white Samsung galaxy tab 3 Kernel 3.4.5, android 4.1.2, model JZ054K.T210RUEAMK1 and all i have been running into is problems, like jittery display issues, or flickering display, I tried every method but none has worked but i finally found one and got it all working and running, First of all i would like to thank gr8nole for this method, and all who have helped him. So first let me explain the most easiest explanation for dummies like me, or noobs,

NOTE: KIES, will fix any display issue and bring you back to your original rom, i forget to add this, because ours is the pain in the bottom, to get it to work correctly, it go download, http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/, download windows version then follow this method, http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00048586/52928, then it will get you back to basic then make sure to check usb debugging

Just and example video for visual learners http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xolmt...ature=youtu.be, but you want to click on the files i suggested on the bottom lol not what he has on his screen xD

Must Have: KIES, make sure you have fully updated rom from samsung themself which can be found on kies (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00048586/52928) use this method, when you plug it in and update firmware, which your android should be on 4.1.2 and version because that's what i have

1. First lets Get all the files we need, First go download SM-T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip at his xda post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433853, after you have download that you will a friend name odin, which can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189539 (With odin you only want to use v3.07) and nothing else , Last but not least, you want this file from gr8ole android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip and save that to your sd card or ext while click on usb debugging or wherever you wanna store in on tablet

so you should have odin 3.07
T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip (lol make sure to extract this file so odin can see it xD)
android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip

2. Use the same method as g8nole and minor adjustments
Instructions:
1. Download ODIN on your computer (just do a google search to find it...version 3.07 will work fine). http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189539
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program using admin rights which means right click run as admin. I recommend un-checking Auto Reboot. DO NOT CHECK RE-PARTITION!!, LEAVE UNCHECKED!! YOU BEEN WARNED (which it already should be). See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them) which can be found here http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/.
7. Select "PDA" then choose the T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip.
8. Hit "START"
9. Wait for device to restart. Which means wait til odin says OKAY in the white box and the Picture ask you to reset, When the download icon on your tablet, and under download updates is full bar, and odin says reset!, just unplug it. then restart by holding the power button down, with vol up, and home, once the samsung picture shows, just let it run and onces its on put the zip file andriod universal root in any place you like, then reboot while holding the power, vol up, home, then only hold the up vol button when you see the logo, while also holding the home button, recovery mode should now be on. Select install zip, and locate the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip)navigate with the up down volume button and power button to select file, whichever you placed in sd, or exsd,
10. When all is done reboot device, then it will update your android once you turn it on, Now the anoying part, It will be rooted but what google play won't connect?, easy fix , first lets just update all the binaries since its already rooted in supersu app,
Google Store Fix, now first you have to delete your some things, your apps wont dissapear or nothing as long as you dont uinstall them, go to settings<application manager<all<google play store<clear data/cache w.e<force stop<uninstall updates<it will then ask you it will be factory installed<yes, next step, delete your gmail account if you haven't done so, now go to your time settings (Date and Time) and change it to recent date whichever today is , then open play store and it will ask you to sign in again, blah blah google needs sign up and it should be up and running

ALL DONE, remember this is for people who have run into flicker display problems, which is caused by kernal issue with our model, but with stock rom itself we can universally root it through odin with just that simple method which took me like 3 mins lol to do

Grats guys! you have root and cwm now who doesn't want that enjoy and thanks to developers hard work! and my ambition!

Last edited:

morfn

Nov 11, 2013
Great guide. My friends SM-T210R kept getting kernal panic mode and the flickering screen. I did the same thing you did except I also installed Rocket Tab rom and Blackhawk kernel. It still Crashes every couple hours. I never could get the stock Kernal + Rom to work not sure what I was doing wrong. Perhaps I will follow your guide exactly this weekend.

biggyhead

Mar 14, 2012
Great guide. My friends SM-T210R kept getting kernal panic mode and the flickering screen. I did the same thing you did except I also installed Rocket Tab rom and Blackhawk kernel. It still Crashes every couple hours. I never could get the stock Kernal + Rom to work not sure what I was doing wrong. Perhaps I will follow your guide exactly this weekend.

thanks a lot this is my first guide i ever created in my life really lol so its kinda jumping around the place but this will root your samsung white, 8gb, and you wont get the display issue, and then download gl to sd with a 32gb card my god i can fit so many stuff, im so freaking happy, i found this method out, but im addding more stuff to it so you can start from scratch if your tablet can get in download mode then its never broken, i tested this like 15 times already, its been working fine for me, i was just trying to get step by step as low as possible

Last edited:

James1o1o

Feb 14, 2012
Wick, Highlands
twitter.com
I'm trying to follow the instructions for the Kies restore.

I keep getting this error however. (Yes USB debugging is enabled. I also tried doing it from Download Mode)

oIB7Vw1.png

D

Darth

I'm trying to follow the instructions for the Kies restore.

I keep getting this error however. (Yes USB debugging is enabled. I also tried doing it from Download Mode)

oIB7Vw1.png

OK, I could be wrong... I just got the tab 3 for my daughter and haven't done anything to it yet.

But from my S2 experience.... And this might be incorrect because I can say I never ever really used kies..... But I don't think keis will work anymore on a rooted device with a custom recovery ? It could be I'm wrong, that it won't work with a custom Rom tho... Maybe it should work with custom recovery and root.... But I thought it didn't.

Anyway, don't know if there's a file out there for this device, but I've always just used Odin to return to stock. I never used kies. Cause kies is an unstable, unreliable mess. ;)

Anyone feel free to add to what I've said..... Or correct me tho. :)

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

James1o1o

Feb 14, 2012
Wick, Highlands
twitter.com
OK, I could be wrong... I just got the tab 3 for my daughter and haven't done anything to it yet.

But from my S2 experience.... And this might be incorrect because I can say I never ever really used kies..... But I don't think keis will work anymore on a rooted device with a custom recovery ? It could be I'm wrong, that it won't work with a custom Rom tho... Maybe it should work with custom recovery and root.... But I thought it didn't.

I used to have an S3. From download mode, Kies would always restore it fine. Also I have stock rom and recovery when I tried to run Kies. I was simply trying to get back to my countries proper rom. (Which I can't download because SamMobile download hosts are awful)

I even emailed Samsung about it, they got back to me this morning. They told me to reinstall Kies, if that doesn't't work take it to a Samsung support center.

D

Darth

I used to have an S3. From download mode, Kies would always restore it fine. Also I have stock rom and recovery when I tried to run Kies. I was simply trying to get back to my countries proper rom. (Which I can't download because SamMobile download hosts are awful)

I even emailed Samsung about it, they got back to me this morning. They told me to reinstall Kies, if that doesn't't work take it to a Samsung support center.

Well, would be much simpler if there is an Odin flashable version out there. Saves allot of headaches.

Kies is just awful. ;)

James1o1o

Feb 14, 2012
Wick, Highlands
twitter.com
Well, would be much simpler if there is an Odin flashable version out there. Saves allot of headaches.

Kies is just awful. ;)

The sad thing is, there is only one place I can get it. SamMobile...and its hosted on Terafile. Everyone on the site is complaining about it, but they seem to be refusing to change because they get money through affiliate program.

D

Darth

The sad thing is, there is only one place I can get it. SamMobile...and its hosted on Terafile. Everyone on the site is complaining about it, but they seem to be refusing to change because they get money through affiliate program.

Well.... At least you have answered a question I had. Just root and use stock system.... Or flash anything on it. I'll stick with stock. Just want to root to control the device better.... Battery issues in particular. My daughter is 5....she doesn't care about the Android version or touchwiz. Lol

biggyhead

Mar 14, 2012
my bad i was busy with work but, kies just gets you back to stock version, and this is for sm-t210r, which i rooted from stock version using this method, but it seems you have sm-t10 regular, if you have that, odin would do just fine this is for your model, this method is for sm-t10R, and model number

biggyhead

Mar 14, 2012

Anyway, don't know if there's a file out there for this device, but I've always just used Odin to return to stock. I never used kies. Cause kies is an unstable, unreliable mess. ;)

Anyone feel free to add to what I've said..... Or correct me tho. :)

yea depends what he has though if he has sm-t210 then just use odin but using odin with a pre-rooted will get you flickering screen on sm-210R, if you have regular then you have to go a different route to restore it back to normal, if you have a flicker screen problem or any problem, then the kies method i have will recover it, in kies just use the update tab on sm-t210 and it will recover to stock thats all or use odin, your choice. if you want to root sm-t210 the method is here :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433853, this will root yours np ^^

D

Darth

yea depends what he has though if he has sm-t210 then just use odin but using odin with a pre-rooted will get you flickering screen on sm-210R, if you have regular then you have to go a different route to restore it back to normal, if you have a flicker screen problem or any problem, then the kies method i have will recover it, in kies just use the update tab on sm-t210 and it will recover to stock thats all or use odin, your choice. if you want to root sm-t210 the method is here :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433853, this will root yours np ^^

Thanks for the info! :)

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone.....

demonr6

Apr 20, 2012
Question. I followed the instructions which are more or less the same as what I did to root my S4. When I enter download mode in the device and open Odin (v3.047) and I select the folder where I downloaded the CWM file, T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip, I am not able to see that file in the selection.

Odin itself does not recognize the .zip extension as a valid file type for PDA files so is this simply an issue of renaming that file and removing the .zip from the extension? If so then the OP needs to be corrected to include this step because otherwise people will sit there wondering why this same thing is happening to them.

For reference Odin PDA File extensions are *.tar, *.md5, *.smd, *.gz and *.tgz.

biggyhead

Mar 14, 2012
Question. I followed the instructions which are more or less the same as what I did to root my S4. When I enter download mode in the device and open Odin (v3.047) and I select the folder where I downloaded the CWM file, T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip, I am not able to see that file in the selection.

Odin itself does not recognize the .zip extension as a valid file type for PDA files so is this simply an issue of renaming that file and removing the .zip from the extension? If so then the OP needs to be corrected to include this step because otherwise people will sit there wondering why this same thing is happening to them.

it was the link towards yours, which is the tar file, which popped up on mine when i used odin 3.07, thats actually interesting, because i redid the steps and it showed up, let me look at it again, and thanks to you we can do this :)

biggyhead

Mar 14, 2012

yea so its odin v3.07 and it is basically your steps lol, like every detail, but just a twist for our model sm-t210R model k, this method is for basically anyone who messed up their tablet because they did the prerooted version for sm-t210r,

demonr6

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, I thought it would be a quirk. I used an older version when I was mucking around with my GS4 and had a similar issue but by removing the .zip in the file name it recognized it and worked. My work around with this one though was unzipping the file contents and pointing to the unzipped file. Never a dull moment.

For a while it was a scare though yesterday because something screwed up with recovery and I got the dreaded screen flicker and could not find a way to correct it. Not only that but I was already having issues with recovery that I could not get any of them to install. I kept getting permission issues. I ended up blind guessing things and was able to fix it by using TWRP 2.6.3 MK1 then when that was fixed I used ODIN to install the T210RUEAMK1_T210RXACAMK1_XAC to get things back to stock'ish. From there I was finally able to root the device with the universal-root-signed-zip.

This nightmare has me gun shy and I am hesitant to even want to attempt a custom ROM now. I've successfully rooted my wife's HTC Sensation which was a series of hoops, my previous GS2, GS3 and the GS4 without ever so much as a hiccup. My personal phones I am a ROM whore. When I installed the triangle away last month and checked the counter on the GS4 I had 31 on the counter.. in four months. Unless there is a bullet-proof ROM for this pad I don't see it happening. It blows, I may unload it and get something different that is not so much of a mess.

Thanks for the replies guys.

biggyhead

Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, I thought it would be a quirk. I used an older version when I was mucking around with my GS4 and had a similar issue but by removing the .zip in the file name it recognized it and worked. My work around with this one though was unzipping the file contents and pointing to the unzipped file. Never a dull moment.

For a while it was a scare though yesterday because something screwed up with recovery and I got the dreaded screen flicker and could not find a way to correct it. Not only that but I was already having issues with recovery that I could not get any of them to install. I kept getting permission issues. I ended up blind guessing things and was able to fix it by using TWRP 2.6.3 MK1 then when that was fixed I used ODIN to install the T210RUEAMK1_T210RXACAMK1_XAC to get things back to stock'ish. From there I was finally able to root the device with the universal-root-signed-zip.

This nightmare has me gun shy and I am hesitant to even want to attempt a custom ROM now. I've successfully rooted my wife's HTC Sensation which was a series of hoops, my previous GS2, GS3 and the GS4 without ever so much as a hiccup. My personal phones I am a ROM whore. When I installed the triangle away last month and checked the counter on the GS4 I had 31 on the counter.. in four months. Unless there is a bullet-proof ROM for this pad I don't see it happening. It blows, I may unload it and get something different that is not so much of a mess.

Thanks for the replies guys.

i feel ya man, i been messing around with roms also only one i got to work was rocket lite, but that gave me a few bugs, so i just recovered back to rom, the only reason i used kies because when i would go to the samsung site to get the file for it, it was busy and would never download, so i found this method to just root our sm-t210R model K, so far i can't even get kernals to work either, like for exp cwm, you need that version or your screen flickers, its really anoying, unless you have that one, truthfully i think the most hard models to root or install rom, there are certain types of cwm, rom, etc just for it. Like how odian 3.07 only works with the cwm file, i used the new one but i get a bad screen or it doesn't even load...pretty much a big middle finger

demonr6

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, it kind of sucks and after coming from the S4 being able to pretty much throw everything at it and it works including the first versions of 4.4.. this tab has been a pretty big let down for me. I was going to try Rocket Tab but the download time is ridiculous so going to give Crash ROM an at bat next.

James1o1o

Feb 14, 2012
Wick, Highlands
twitter.com
my bad i was busy with work but, kies just gets you back to stock version, and this is for sm-t210r, which i rooted from stock version using this method, but it seems you have sm-t10 regular, if you have that, odin would do just fine this is for your model, this method is for sm-t10R, and model number

I don't understand why it would though.

SM-T210 and SM-T210R are identical except the R model has infrared. Everything else is identical.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Talking ROOT SM-T210R SIMPLE and Easy, 8gb, White
    Okay so I've been at it for days and i mean like months.... when I first bought my 8 gb white Samsung galaxy tab 3 Kernel 3.4.5, android 4.1.2, model JZ054K.T210RUEAMK1 and all i have been running into is problems, like jittery display issues, or flickering display, I tried every method but none has worked but i finally found one and got it all working and running, First of all i would like to thank gr8nole for this method, and all who have helped him. So first let me explain the most easiest explanation for dummies like me, or noobs,

NOTE: KIES, will fix any display issue and bring you back to your original rom, i forget to add this, because ours is the pain in the bottom, to get it to work correctly, it go download, http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/, download windows version then follow this method, http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00048586/52928, then it will get you back to basic then make sure to check usb debugging

Just and example video for visual learners http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xolmt...ature=youtu.be, but you want to click on the files i suggested on the bottom lol not what he has on his screen xD

Must Have: KIES, make sure you have fully updated rom from samsung themself which can be found on kies (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00048586/52928) use this method, when you plug it in and update firmware, which your android should be on 4.1.2 and version because that's what i have

1. First lets Get all the files we need, First go download SM-T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip at his xda post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433853, after you have download that you will a friend name odin, which can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189539 (With odin you only want to use v3.07) and nothing else , Last but not least, you want this file from gr8ole android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip and save that to your sd card or ext while click on usb debugging or wherever you wanna store in on tablet

so you should have odin 3.07
    T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip (lol make sure to extract this file so odin can see it xD)
    android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip

2. Use the same method as g8nole and minor adjustments
    Instructions:
    1. Download ODIN on your computer (just do a google search to find it...version 3.07 will work fine). http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189539
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program using admin rights which means right click run as admin. I recommend un-checking Auto Reboot. DO NOT CHECK RE-PARTITION!!, LEAVE UNCHECKED!! YOU BEEN WARNED (which it already should be). See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them) which can be found here http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/.
    7. Select "PDA" then choose the T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip.
    8. Hit "START"
    9. Wait for device to restart. Which means wait til odin says OKAY in the white box and the Picture ask you to reset, When the download icon on your tablet, and under download updates is full bar, and odin says reset!, just unplug it. then restart by holding the power button down, with vol up, and home, once the samsung picture shows, just let it run and onces its on put the zip file andriod universal root in any place you like, then reboot while holding the power, vol up, home, then only hold the up vol button when you see the logo, while also holding the home button, recovery mode should now be on. Select install zip, and locate the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip)navigate with the up down volume button and power button to select file, whichever you placed in sd, or exsd,
    10. When all is done reboot device, then it will update your android once you turn it on, Now the anoying part, It will be rooted but what google play won't connect?, easy fix , first lets just update all the binaries since its already rooted in supersu app,
    Google Store Fix, now first you have to delete your some things, your apps wont dissapear or nothing as long as you dont uinstall them, go to settings<application manager<all<google play store<clear data/cache w.e<force stop<uninstall updates<it will then ask you it will be factory installed<yes, next step, delete your gmail account if you haven't done so, now go to your time settings (Date and Time) and change it to recent date whichever today is , then open play store and it will ask you to sign in again, blah blah google needs sign up and it should be up and running

ALL DONE, remember this is for people who have run into flicker display problems, which is caused by kernal issue with our model, but with stock rom itself we can universally root it through odin with just that simple method which took me like 3 mins lol to do

Grats guys! you have root and cwm now who doesn't want that enjoy and thanks to developers hard work! and my ambition!