All About Cherry Mobile Fuze (Q390)

Search This thread

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
Fuze (Q390) is an Android-powered smart phone sold by Cherry Mobile, a local brand in the Philippines. Fuze is powered by Mediatek MT6582 Quad-Core SoC (@1.3GHz), partnered with a 1GB RAM and is equipped with a 5.0in TN screen/display panel. Its SRP is 5,499 in Philippine Peso (or approximately US$125.00). Physically, it looks the same as the Micromax A96, but they differ internally (at least in the amount of RAM).

For more info, I recommend that you take a look at this in-depth, detailed review of this device (courtesy of kestana@tcp)

Basic Specifications
  • CPU: Mediatek MT6582 (@1.3GHz) SoC
  • GPU: Mali 400MP
  • RAM: 1.0GB
  • Storage: 4GB (eMMC)
  • Display: 5.0" (TN panel, DragonTrail surface) @854 x 480 resolution
  • Camera: 8MP main / 1.3mp secondary
  • GPS: Yes
  • Bluetooth: Yes
  • WiFi: Yes
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light
  • USB-OTG: Yes
  • SIM: Dual Standby
  • Battery: 4000mah

Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
CMFuze Recovery Installer

This app can be used to install TWRP for Fuze, CWM for Fuze or Fuze Stock Recovery. There's no need to download a separate recovery file. Its all in this app.

NOTES
  • Your phone needs to be rooted.

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Download the APK file
  2. Install in your Fuze
  3. Once installed, launch the app "CMFuze Recovery Installer"
  4. Tap the recovery of your choice from the set of buttons
  5. Confirm to Install
  6. Reboot to recovery to test

DOWNLOADS (Kindly not mirror these files somewhere else without my knowledge/permission)

attachment.php

THANKS TO
  • our Creator
  • TeamWin
  • ClockWorkMod
  • Android Open Source Comunity

Attachments

• recinst_01.png
    recinst_01.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 70,651
  • recinst_02.png
    recinst_02.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,201
  • recinst_03.png
    recinst_03.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,902
  • recinst_04.png
    recinst_04.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,735
  • recinst_05.png
    recinst_05.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,514
Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
[ROM] Genesis 1.0

attachment.php

This is simply a debloated stock ROM of CM Fuze

Features
  • init.d support enabled
  • zram (compcache) enabled (see compcache/zram at wikipedia)
  • zipalign on the fly (for newly installed apps)
  • Seeder (2.0)
  • Rooted (no SuperSU apk. just get it from PlayStore)
  • busybox with symlinks
  • debloated (only essential apps remained)
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned
  • Google boot animation
  • JB keyboard with swipe

There are no performance tweaks done, as its intention is to become the baseline for ROM porting.

Debloated - removed apps that are optional
  • removed CM apps and bundled apps
  • removed CM wallpapers
  • removed CM tones
  • removed Google apps that can be downloaded from PlayStore (Map, G+, Calendar, GMail, Notes, Voice Search, etc.)
  • remained are essential apps, enough to properly run Fuze.
  • removed faceunlock
  • removed voice unlock
  • removed day dreams
  • removed engineer mode

DOWNLOADS (Kindly not mirror these files somewhere else without my knowledge/permission)

INSTALLATION (requires custom recovery: CWM/TWRP)
  • Backup, backup, backup
  • Download the zip and flash via custom recovery
  • (Optional) Factory reset / Data, cache wipe

NOTE: Factory reset is optional, but it may cause bootloop if you didn't do factory reset.

THANKS TO
  • our Creator
  • Android Open Source Community
  • xda-devs

Attachments

• CMFuzeGenesis1.0.jpg
    CMFuzeGenesis1.0.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 69,620
Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
LewaOS v5 for Cherry Mobile Fuze

attachment.php

• Flashable via TWRP/CWMR
  • Ported from official LeWaOSv5 for JIAYU G2F
  • Should work in all version of Fuze (v4, v5)
  • Rooted (Lewa is rooted)
  • Google Playstore included (just download other Google apps from PlayStore if you need them)
  • No tweaks
  • No voice unlock/face unlock (removed)
  • No engineering mode apps (get if from your stock ROM if you need it)

HOW TO INSTALL
  1. Download the flashable zip file (and Google Apps - if you need it)
  2. Install ROM (flash via TWRP/CWMR)
  3. Do factory wipe (cache and data wipe)

BUGS
  1. (you tell me...)

TO ENABLE ROOT
- Security Center -> Details -> Permission management -> Perm -> ROOT

THANKS TO

Attachments

• lewass.png
    lewass.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 66,280
Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
MIUIV5 for CM Fuze

attachment.php

MIUI V5 for Cherry Mobile Fuze

• Ported from Lenovo JIAYU J2F
  • Rooted (MIUI is rooted -> Enable in Security App)
  • Google Playstore included (just download other Google apps from PlayStore if you need them)
  • No tweaks

NOTES
  • MIUI Torch/Flashlight does not work. Just download one from PlayStore like 'Simple Torch'

HOW TO INSTALL

BUGS
  1. Torch/Flashlight
  2. (you tell me...)

TO ENABLE ROOT
- Security App -> Permission -> Root Permission

THANKS TO
  • our Creator
  • MIUI devs (@miui.com)
  • hasz@miui.com (for his MIUI port for G'Five A800)
  • Lens_Flare@miui (for his miui porting guide)
  • xda-devs

Attachments

• fuzemiui2.jpg
    fuzemiui2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 67,026
Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
colorOS

Nice job sir :) ... We are waiting for color OS...

ColorOS --- i'm hesitant to upload because it has few yet ignorable problems. it uses the GB/ICS's /sdcard0/external_sd approach to fetch and enum files... the effect is Oppo Music and Filemanager is failing to get the files (we can use different music player and filemanager). Also OTG storage mounts ok, but there's no easy way to properly unmount it (i.e. unmount via terminal) ... unlike LewaOS that there's an item in its "Storage" settings that can be used to properly/safely unmount the storage.

I will try again after two weeks...

addictz10

Nov 19, 2012
ColorOS --- i'm hesitant to upload because it has few yet ignorable problems. it uses the GB/ICS's /sdcard0/external_sd approach to fetch and enum files... the effect is Oppo Music and Filemanager is failing to get the files (we can use different music player and filemanager). Also OTG storage mounts ok, but there's no easy way to properly unmount it (i.e. unmount via terminal) ... unlike LewaOS that there's an item in its "Storage" settings that can be used to properly/safely unmount the storage.

I will try again after two weeks...

ok sir... Im still waiting for my fuze...

Grawrz

Aug 15, 2013
Just bought a Fuze, and wondering if my unit is defective or it really has issues with the edges of the touch screen. Whenever I use Touchpal X, I have trouble pressing the "a" key. I need to press slightly between "a" and "s" to get it to register.

I have the same issue with some games, when tapping on the very edge of the screen wont register. I have show touches enabled, and it shows the white circle, but the game won't respond at all. Any ideas? I'm running rooted stock rom with gravity box. The only other module i'm using is root cloak for avabel online.

Anyone have similar problems?

EDIT: Found the cause. I had Pie Controls set to 15px so it was eating a lot of screen space for activation. I disabled Pie and it works fine now :)

Last edited:
I need help

I formatted my PC (due to virus) then my Backup for Cherry Mobile Fuze Q390 is lost.

Now my Q390 phone got corrupted and after formatting the phone Baseband is Unknown and IMEI is NULL. I need help by any chance any user with backup that I can use? I cannot write my IMEI because the phone its self has nothing to write on to. Phone is working can boot and etc except the baseband is gone and evidently no IMEI.

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
I formatted my PC (due to virus) then my Backup for Cherry Mobile Fuze Q390 is lost.

Now my Q390 phone got corrupted and after formatting the phone Baseband is Unknown and IMEI is NULL. I need help by any chance any user with backup that I can use? I cannot write my IMEI because the phone its self has nothing to write on to. Phone is working can boot and etc except the baseband is gone and evidently no IMEI.
if you can get hold of a NVRAM partition from others phone (not necessarily Q390 - at least same SoC: MT6582), then you can flash it to your phone.

BUT, your phone will have the same IMEI as the source phone. So if you and source phone would use the same SP (Service Provider or network), and IF this SP is strict about cloned IMEIs, they could block this IMEI. Leaving both phones unusable to this network. So if you can get hold of NVRAM partition from somebody living abroad (i.e. foreigner), the better.

if you are rooted, and terminal (adb shell) savvy, you can write it it via dd, i.e.:
$ dd if=/path/of/nvram of=/dev/nvram

or you can flash it via SPFT memory write ("Window" menu -> "Write Memory").
1) Select "Write Memory" tab (after it is shown)
2) Select "EMMC" for the memory setting
3) Select/browse ("Open Raw Data") the NVRAM image for the "File Path"
4) "Begin Address (Hex)" = 0x1800000
5) "Container Length (Hex)" = 0x500000
6) Click "Write Memory"
7) Connect your phone to PC (must be turned off as you may already know)

The NVRAM image could be named as nvram.bin or something else. But it must be a raw image of NVRAM partition (/dev/nvram) from other phone. TWRP can do a backup of this partition by selecting it when you are about to perform TWRP backup.

If you want to temporarily restore your IMEI, you can try MTKDroidTools or Mobile Uncle Tools (apk)

Reactions: phaw16

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
LeWaOSV5.1 for CMFuze
- apps that show as 0.00kb in "All" and "Downloaded" are now shown ok
- added engineering mode to settings
- corrected some misspeling in english translation
- etc.

if you can get hold of a NVRAM partition from others phone (not necessarily Q390 - at least same SoC: MT6582), then you can flash it to your phone.

BUT, your phone will have the same IMEI as the source phone. So if you and source phone would use the same SP (Service Provider or network), and IF this SP is strict about cloned IMEIs, they could block this IMEI. Leaving both phones unusable to this network. So if you can get hold of NVRAM partition from somebody living abroad (i.e. foreigner), the better.

if you are rooted, and terminal (adb shell) savvy, you can write it it via dd, i.e.:
$ dd if=/path/of/nvram of=/dev/nvram

or you can flash it via SPFT memory write ("Window" menu -> "Write Memory").
1) Select "Write Memory" tab (after it is shown)
2) Select "EMMC" for the memory setting
3) Select/browse ("Open Raw Data") the NVRAM image for the "File Path"
4) "Begin Address (Hex)" = 0x1800000
5) "Container Length (Hex)" = 0x500000
6) Click "Write Memory"
7) Connect your phone to PC (must be turned off as you may already know)

The NVRAM image could be named as nvram.bin or something else. But it must be a raw image of NVRAM partition (/dev/nvram) from other phone. TWRP can do a backup of this partition by selecting it when you are about to perform TWRP backup.

If you want to temporarily restore your IMEI, you can try MTKDroidTools or Mobile Uncle Tools (apk)

under NVRAM folder. It has nothing. Literally nothing inside the nvram folder.

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
under NVRAM folder. It has nothing. Literally nothing inside the nvram folder.

correct.

there's shouldn't be anything there...as it is not supposed to be a folder. for one, dd will not work in folder, so i really expect /dev/nvram to be not a folder, rather than a device file pointing to NVRAM partition (offset 0x1800000) of your Fuze's EMMC.

if you see /dev/nvram as a folder/directory (rather than a device file), then something's gone really wrong in your EMMC partitions.

Just bought a Fuze, and wondering if my unit is defective or it really has issues with the edges of the touch screen. Whenever I use Touchpal X, I have trouble pressing the "a" key. I need to press slightly between "a" and "s" to get it to register.

I have the same issue with some games, when tapping on the very edge of the screen wont register. I have show touches enabled, and it shows the white circle, but the game won't respond at all. Any ideas? I'm running rooted stock rom with gravity box. The only other module i'm using is root cloak for avabel online.

Anyone have similar problems?

EDIT: Found the cause. I had Pie Controls set to 15px so it was eating a lot of screen space for activation. I disabled Pie and it works fine now :)

Sir the multi touch for Fuze works well your device is not defective. You can't do multi touch if you press already on the left part for me it doesnt really makes sense why'd do that. Example you press arrow up button then you want to press A should you still use your right thumb well in fact the left thumb is already near it furthermore it doesnt affect when your playing games. Its just whenever your using the keyboard.

correct.

there's shouldn't be anything there...as it is not supposed to be a folder. for one, dd will not work in folder, so i really expect /dev/nvram to be not a folder, rather than a device file pointing to NVRAM partition (offset 0x1800000) of your Fuze's EMMC.

if you see /dev/nvram as a folder/directory (rather than a device file), then something's gone really wrong in your EMMC partitions.

As I mentioned on my post. I factory formatted the partition. Well I sent back the device to Cherry Mobile so that they can repair it.I just have to wait for 1 month.

carbon5127

Oct 27, 2012
Puerto Princesa
Sir, how can i install xposed installer properly? I'm getting bootlooped both in MIUI and LEWA rom. I really need this for greenify. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my Q390 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fuze (Q390) is an Android-powered smart phone sold by Cherry Mobile, a local brand in the Philippines. Fuze is powered by Mediatek MT6582 Quad-Core SoC (@1.3GHz), partnered with a 1GB RAM and is equipped with a 5.0in TN screen/display panel. Its SRP is 5,499 in Philippine Peso (or approximately US$125.00). Physically, it looks the same as the Micromax A96, but they differ internally (at least in the amount of RAM).

For more info, I recommend that you take a look at this in-depth, detailed review of this device (courtesy of kestana@tcp)

Basic Specifications
    • CPU: Mediatek MT6582 (@1.3GHz) SoC
    • GPU: Mali 400MP
    • RAM: 1.0GB
    • Storage: 4GB (eMMC)
    • Display: 5.0" (TN panel, DragonTrail surface) @854 x 480 resolution
    • Camera: 8MP main / 1.3mp secondary
    • GPS: Yes
    • Bluetooth: Yes
    • WiFi: Yes
    • Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light
    • USB-OTG: Yes
    • SIM: Dual Standby
    • Battery: 4000mah
    [ROM] Genesis 1.0

attachment.php

This is simply a debloated stock ROM of CM Fuze

Features
    • init.d support enabled
    • zram (compcache) enabled (see compcache/zram at wikipedia)
    • zipalign on the fly (for newly installed apps)
    • Seeder (2.0)
    • Rooted (no SuperSU apk. just get it from PlayStore)
    • busybox with symlinks
    • debloated (only essential apps remained)
    • deodexed
    • zipaligned
    • Google boot animation
    • JB keyboard with swipe

There are no performance tweaks done, as its intention is to become the baseline for ROM porting.

Debloated - removed apps that are optional
    • removed CM apps and bundled apps
    • removed CM wallpapers
    • removed CM tones
    • removed Google apps that can be downloaded from PlayStore (Map, G+, Calendar, GMail, Notes, Voice Search, etc.)
    • remained are essential apps, enough to properly run Fuze.
    • removed faceunlock
    • removed voice unlock
    • removed day dreams
    • removed engineer mode

INSTALLATION (requires custom recovery: CWM/TWRP)
    • Backup, backup, backup
    • Download the zip and flash via custom recovery
    • (Optional) Factory reset / Data, cache wipe

NOTE: Factory reset is optional, but it may cause bootloop if you didn't do factory reset.

THANKS TO
    • our Creator
    • Android Open Source Community
    • xda-devs

This app can be used to install TWRP for Fuze, CWM for Fuze or Fuze Stock Recovery. There's no need to download a separate recovery file. Its all in this app.

NOTES
    • Your phone needs to be rooted.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Download the APK file
    2. Install in your Fuze
    3. Once installed, launch the app "CMFuze Recovery Installer"
    4. Tap the recovery of your choice from the set of buttons
    5. Confirm to Install
    6. Reboot to recovery to test

attachment.php

THANKS TO
    • our Creator
    • TeamWin
    • ClockWorkMod
    • Android Open Source Comunity
    LewaOS v5 for Cherry Mobile Fuze

attachment.php

• Ported from official LeWaOSv5 for JIAYU G2F
    • Rooted (Lewa is rooted)
    • No tweaks
    • No engineering mode apps (get if from your stock ROM if you need it)

HOW TO INSTALL

BUGS
    1. (you tell me...)

TO ENABLE ROOT
    - Security Center -> Details -> Permission management -> Perm -> ROOT

THANKS TO
    MIUIV5 for CM Fuze

attachment.php

MIUI V5 for Cherry Mobile Fuze

• Ported from Lenovo JIAYU J2F
    • Rooted (MIUI is rooted -> Enable in Security App)
    • No tweaks

NOTES
    • MIUI Torch/Flashlight does not work. Just download one from PlayStore like 'Simple Torch'

HOW TO INSTALL

BUGS
    1. Torch/Flashlight
    2. (you tell me...)

TO ENABLE ROOT
    - Security App -> Permission -> Root Permission

THANKS TO
    • our Creator
    • MIUI devs (@miui.com)
    • hasz@miui.com (for his MIUI port for G'Five A800)
    • Lens_Flare@miui (for his miui porting guide)
    • xda-devs