[ROM] CM11 for Find7s: Nightly discussion

Search This thread

Doomboss

Jul 17, 2012
Got it working. But you'll have to do a full wipe:
Recovery-->Wipe Cache/Dalvik/Android Secure/data-->flash cm12--> wipe Cache/Dalvik/AndroidSecure-->Reboot.
It worked with my phone. You could try to skip data wipe. that would be really awesome if that'd do :D

You have mobile signal? System UI is not force closing? What ROM were you using before you flash the CM12 nightly?

I tried the nightly with 1.2.5i and 2.0.24i beta modem and I have no signal whatsoever :(

alex1.salge

Aug 30, 2014
You have mobile signal? System UI is not force closing? What ROM were you using before you flash the CM12 nightly?

I tried the nightly with 1.2.5i and 2.0.24i beta modem and I have no signal whatsoever :(

So i came Form cm11 - 20150111 and wanted to go to 20150118 which Endes in Bootloop no matter what. So i skipped 0118 and went directly to 0119. It's always recommended to do a nandroid backup before updating ( that's what I do). Signals are all positive. Project Volta is absolutely wickedly awesome. Only if you try to change keyboard (eg to Swiftlet) settings force close. That's sad. YouTube is 1440p finally. I guess that's cause the system finally noticed it's got a 1440p screen. Everything is smaller.

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
It's going to be announced soon in CM's blog, but find7a and find7s are split now and get separate builds. You need to flash "find7" on find7a devices and "find7s" on find7s qhd devices. You should update the recovery too, but I think there are no recovery images available yet. I might provide some if nobody else does it.

I suggest moving the discussion to another thread since this was intended for CM11.

Reactions: alex1.salge

Doomboss

Jul 17, 2012
I might just found another bug. I format my Micro SD card to exFat format, but after i boot up my phone, I don't have access to both my internal and external storage :( Are there anybody using exFat Micro SD card with CM11 just fine?

Update: seems like even after i format my card to EXT4, same thing happened. There is probably something wrong with the method I format my Micro SD card. But, even if the Micro SD card is not mountable or not readable, it shouldn't break the internal storage access.

Last edited:

Ngbaka

Jul 17, 2012
Error Downloading Cm11 Nightly

Since i was updating my Nightly through the AIR i mssed that i was updating from Cm11 to Cm12. Get the loopboot error so i was trying to download the latest CM11 Nightly but every Nightly is not available anymore, Anyone get this error? If Yes, can some one post me a alternative website where i can download it?

Haakainu

Apr 27, 2011
I think it's because they change section regarding Find7, "find7" for find7a devices and "find7s" for find7s qhd devices.
You can try to download the last version I had on my 7 qhd, which is the 20150111.
But i got some bugs now because I reflash it after bootloop on CM12 so it's probably not the best solution.

CM11 is dead!!!

I'm searching for a mirror for the latest cm11 nightly to.

No more developmental nightlies for CM11 mate!!!...its dead since donkey years!:rolleyes:

Move over to CM12 which is much feature rich, fast and super solid battery life even in nightlies!!:highfive:

CM12 discussion here: http://xdaforums.com/find-7/find7-orig-development/rom-cm12-7-nightly-discussion-t3006710

Using 30012015 Find7a/s build on my FInd7s
No issues whatsoever.......can use it as a daily driver:)

Requesting Moderators to please close/suspend this thread as the CM11 is no longer under development.

Reactions: topikc and Mrr Ra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About CyanogenMod

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android which is designed to increase security, performance, reliability and customization over stock Android.

About nightly builds

Nightly builds are automatically compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. These builds are not officially supported. If you find bugs or issues please discuss here. Do not submit bug reports for nightly builds on the CyanogenMod issue tracker.

How to install

Preparation

Ensure you have a working copy of ADB for your PC. A simple search should find versions for all major operating systems.

If you are running "stock" (ColorOS), the first thing you will need is a recovery. There are many recoveries available. The most popular ones are CWM and TWRP. Please consult other threads to find and install a suitable recovery.

Once you have a suitable recovery, download from download.cyanogenmod.org to your PC.

If you wish to have Google applications available such as the Play Store, download a current copy of gapps. CM recommended gapps are shown at wiki.cyanogenmod.org.

Reboot your phone into recovery.

Installation

If you wish to save any of your current data, back it up. Details vary by recovery. The app "Titanium Backup" is also popular to backup and restore your installed apps.

Wipe your internal data. Again, details vary by recovery. The option is usually called "wipe data / factory reset" or something similar. This is absolutely critical and required if you are coming from a stock ROM or a different third party ROM. Note! If you are coming from a previous nightly build of CM11, you can often get away with keeping your data. But if you encounter any issues, please wipe data and retry.

Find an option in your recovery that looks like "Install from sideload" or Install from ADB" and select it. On your PC, run "adb sideload cm-11-yyyymmdd-NIGHTLY-find7.zip". ADB should show a progress indicator. When the file has completed uploading, it should install. Repeat with your gapps package if desired.

Reboot your phone. The first boot after install can take a few minutes (usually no more than 5 minutes) so be patient.

Enjoy!

tdm
    Systems Engineer
    Cyanogen, Inc.
    Known Issues

* Find7s: Screen may not wake when phone is hot.

This is apparently an interaction between the thermal throttling code and the video/gpu driver. It has been reproduced and we are working on a fix.

* Find7s: Notification light sometimes misbehaves.

We are working on a fix.

* Find7a: Battery sometimes drains too quickly.

This issue is under investigation. We do not have a repro or a fix at this point.

* Find7a: Mic doesn't work while on speakerphone.

This issue is under investigation. We do not have a repro or a fix at this point.
    Working on the black screen issue today. I can repro it easily now using "stability test" but the phone needs to be pretty hot to trigger it. Usually about 38c battery temp. Don't know if others are seeing the same thing or if it happens at lower temps for some.

I've eliminated user space thermal engine as a cause. I deleted it and the problem still happens, and goes away after a couple minutes.

Ill be going over the kernel tomorrow.
    Black screen issue was fixed today. Special thanks to all the testers! :)
    What about other bugs?
    *Mic doesn't work while on speakerphone.
    *Notification light sometimes misbehaves.
    They are next. The screen issue was a show stopper so it was first priority.