One X speaker/ charging dock?

Search This thread

Kingsmith

Jul 19, 2012
No, but the one for the AT&T one X should work perfectly IIRC.

"Put AT&T's One X and One X+ side-by-side, and other than the color difference you'd be hard-pressed to tell them apart. The carrier's logo is slightly different, but that's about it -- even the docking pins in the back line up perfectly."

I'm not allowed to post links yet, if you want the source, just google the above quote in quotes.

WA_Bob

Jun 13, 2011
Cleveland, Texas USA
OnePlus 8T

"Put AT&T's One X and One X+ side-by-side, and other than the color difference you'd be hard-pressed to tell them apart. The carrier's logo is slightly different, but that's about it -- even the docking pins in the back line up perfectly."

I'm not allowed to post links yet, if you want the source, just google the above quote in quotes.

Will do. Much obliged for that nugget! ;)

pb1379

Nov 7, 2010
Mmmhhh... Thought the same, but expansys EXPLICITLY states it's NOT compatible with the One X+ - whatever the reason might be.

Kuni6774

Apr 15, 2009
Hi!

The CRS650 desktop cradle and the One X+ work together, but the One X+ doesn't have a dockmode..

So the cradle is only used as a charging device..

Enough for me :D

Reactions: dieterhaack

zebul

Dec 3, 2012
Hi!

The CRS650 desktop cradle and the One X+ work together, but the One X+ doesn't have a dockmode..

Is it possible to extract the necessary things for the dockmode from the normal One X and to shift them to the One X+?
I only have the One X+ so i can't looking for it on the normal X.

Eltahur

Nov 16, 2010
Boston
Hi!

i have the att one x + and the HTC CR s650 dock and it does not fit. i hope this helps anyone thinking about making the purchase based on incorrect rumors.

Kuni6774

Apr 15, 2009
i have the att one x + and the HTC CR s650 dock and it does not fit. i hope this helps anyone thinking about making the purchase based on incorrect rumors.

Sorry, but it works for me..

Using ARHD, but worked with stocked rom either..

Phone is beeing charged..

Landscape Rosie mod for custom rom now flips the screen also in dock..

adamkaye

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone tried any docks with the AT&T HOX+? I'm looking to replace my crappy old alarm clock and would prefer something that doesn't use the micro USB, but I've been unable to find anything. The HTC CR s650 seems to only work with the international HOX+, correct?

robinbg

May 9, 2008
London
Doesn't work with one x+

I had the HTC One x and bought the speaker cradle from their website links, when my one x broke I got a one X+ as I thought all the accessories would work, physically they're identical, all cases work, but the dock doesn't work, it charges the phone but doesn't play audio.

There's no good reason for this, as the phones are virtually identical save for a few internal differences.

Kuni6774

Apr 15, 2009
Rooted International HOX+ with Custom ViperX 1.0.1 ROM shows now dockmode, when connected to cradle CRS650 and works perfectly using all benefits from the cradle (charging and speakers)..

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
I had a One X (original dual core version) and it DOES NOT FIT the CR650 dock 100%. if you wiggle it around it will work for a second or so, but the international version and the AT&T version of the original One X have a slightly different POGO layout. Assuming the AT&T X+ has that same layout as the original AT&T One X, it wont fit. When I looked at my old One X with my AT&T One X+, the pogo pins look like they are in the exact same spot.

REF:

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-one-x-dock-cradle-cr-s650.html

Please note: This will NOT fit AT&T HTC One X

Last edited:

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
Hi there,

just for your information: I have the CR S650 and the international HOX+ here. Charging and speakers work as they should, but theres no dedicated dock mode in terms of software. The HOX+ will rotate when lying in the dock, but the dock app is missing. If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...

dafob

Dec 12, 2006
Planet Earth
CR-S650 modification for AT&T HOX+

After seeing someone mod the CR-S650 to fit the AT&T HOX, I ordered the dock and modified it to work with the HOX+. It was actually a lot easier than I thought because the POGO pins are only shifted over 1 space. So I took it apart, drilled a hole one space over and moved the entire POGO board over 1 slot. Now I have a working CR-S660 for my AT&T HOX+!

Moving the POGO pins over 1 slot lines up w/ the phone horizontally, but it's still a bit off vertically. I had to shave off the two small plastic tabs on the botton of the dock. This most likely means that I won't be able to use a case w/ the phone, but still very happy to have a working dock w/ POGO pins. :D

Attachments

• IMAG0859.jpg
    IMAG0859.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 584
  • IMAG0860.jpg
    IMAG0860.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 638
  • IMAG0861.jpg
    IMAG0861.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
After seeing someone mod the CR-S650 to fit the AT&T HOX, I ordered the dock and modified it to work with the HOX+. It was actually a lot easier than I thought because the POGO pins are only shifted over 1 space. So I took it apart, drilled a hole one space over and moved the entire POGO board over 1 slot. Now I have a working CR-S660 for my AT&T HOX+!

Moving the POGO pins over 1 slot lines up w/ the phone horizontally, but it's still a bit off vertically. I had to shave off the two small plastic tabs on the botton of the dock. This most likely means that I won't be able to use a case w/ the phone, but still very happy to have a working dock w/ POGO pins. :D

Interesting...so HTC used a different polycarbonat housing for the ATT Hox+? Why did they do such a thing? Are there also different accessoires like car holder and so on which are using the POGO pins?

Reactions: aureljared

korc

Oct 6, 2011
Resovia
I had the HTC One x and bought the speaker cradle from their website links, when my one x broke I got a one X+ as I thought all the accessories would work, physically they're identical, all cases work, but the dock doesn't work, it charges the phone but doesn't play audio.

There's no good reason for this, as the phones are virtually identical save for a few internal differences.

Hi there,

just for your information: I have the CR S650 and the international HOX+ here. Charging and speakers work as they should, but theres no dedicated dock mode in terms of software. The HOX+ will rotate when lying in the dock, but the dock app is missing. If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...

So it plays audio or not ? I do not care about dock mode, i just want it to work as alarm clock. I'm talking about HOX+ black international version with red buttons and tegra3.
?

Last edited:

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
It does play audio via music player and of course system sounds (ringtone, sms, alarm...), but no loudspeaker during calls. But thats more a problem of the jelly bean update from HTC since it worked with ICS. And i have the One X+ you described, international version.

Reactions: korc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...
    No need to flash custom ROM. For dock mode on stock ROM just install two applications: DockMode.apk and HTC_Dock_Screen.apk. That is all. Tested on HOX + international with ROM 1.17.401.1.
    CR-S650 modification for AT&T HOX+

One X + Int with Sense 5 update and S650 speaker cradle dock

So my kids are always breaking our phones - they love to yank loose the micro usb ports (sensation and my beloved G note1), or chew the top of the phone causing it to go into failed boot loaders - probably saliva related boot failure! (Htc desire S) or just plain break them (my old HD2 - still the greatest - and the missus old samsung!).

So nowadays the phones are screen and body protected and I thought I would get a pogo pin charging cradle for my recently bought HTC one x+ international - no child related cable yanking could occur, theoretically. Phone came in great condition from ebay and got a newish cradle dock from amazon. Except initially the cradle dock would not seem to recognise and charge the one x plus - no sound, no power, no charging icon - NADA - even though it seemed to be a perfect fit to the pins.

I wondered if I had made some error and it was not compatible with the x+ and only with the one X original. However, looking around the net there seems to be a few posts about the tendency of the pogo pins to GET DUSTY. I could see no overt dirt on the phone at all so I was sceptical.

So I tried using a small plastic wire/ cable tie and scrubbed out the pogo pin holes with the end til the connectors appeared to be SHINY again and then tried to rub them with a cotton bud/ Q tip. A very small amount of dirt came out of some holes BUT to my astonishment when I put my phone back on the dock - SOUND AND CHARGING WORKED PERFECTLY!!!

I have not tried to sync to pc yet but seems to be fine for charge and sound. I am amazed that the ports seem to be so prone to failure with such tiny amounts of dust. Does not bode well but at least its an easy fix. NEWS FLASH: Pogo pins are not the future! Crazy, crazy HTC!!!

Now all that i have to do is get the DOCK Mode working on sense 5. My phone is used but appears to be unrooted, stock HTC sense 5 as recent update. I reset the phone when I got it anyway. I hope this simple fix helps some one. Will update on sense 5 and the HTC dock mode/ apps when I try it out. peace.

QIK UPDATE:
    HTC dock mode/ screen apps do not work with stock sense 5 in the versions uploaded in the earlier posts on this thread. Sense 5 or android JB force closes them. will look for more recent/ updated compatible versions of the apps.
    Thank you so much for posting this!

Being a HOX+ (US) AT&T 4G LTE owner and devotee, I am truly inspired to attempt this mod.

Will I need to convert power from US to UK?

I will make sure to share pics if it turns out successfully.

KofaSing KoodGarma
    http://www.pagone.com

The adapter that comes w/ the dock works with US power in terms of voltage and amps, but you will need a converter/adapter to convert the plug so that it physically fits in a US outlet. You can get these at Radio Shack or other electronics store.

A STANDARD MicroUSB ADAPTER WILL NOT WORK because it will not get enough power. You need something that outputs 9V and 1.67A or the phone can't keep up w/ the charge. The perfect adapter to purchase would be the one for the HTC flyer. I can verify that it works perfectly w/ the dock and US power. Here's a link to one on ebay.

----------------
    So this worked on the the US version of the HOX+ on the European dock? I've been searching for a dock with pin charging for a while. Your method looks very simple. From what I gather, the pins only move over (down) the phone for the US version vs Euro version but are in the same orientation? Also a slight padding to go along the long edge in the dock to orient?
    Correct???

Thanks
    JOHN

Yes, I have the US AT&T 4G LTE version of the HOX+ and purchased the European dock. Your assumption is also correct in that the PINS are only shifted over one space so you just have to drill a hole and physically move the board over one slot (and maybe shave off 1mm of plastic on the bottom of the dock for a perfect fit). It's really not that hard. In fact, the most difficult part is to take it apart and not accidentally disconnect any of the wires. :)