[Q] Sprint s4 l720t root

Search This thread

vasqueza9

Jan 17, 2014
Hi this is my first post, don't know if I'm in the right section.
Just received a new phone s4 for my daughter and I received L720T, is there a root to get free hotspot?
Been looking but can't find one for L720T version. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Side question. Did your daughter get the L720T version through a sprint store or online?, I ask because I am trying to get my sister the T version and will be going to a sprint store tomorrow.

Back to your question: I believe some members here were able to root with cf-auto root by chainfire. The one meant for the SPH-L720.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2605659

vasqueza9

Jan 17, 2014
Side question. Did your daughter get the L720T version through a sprint store or online?, I ask because I am trying to get my sister the T version and will be going to a sprint store tomorrow.

Back to your question: I believe some members here were able to root with cf-auto root by chainfire. The one meant for the SPH-L720.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2605659

Hi Daniel,
I ordered my daughters phone on sprints website, they were out of the phones at my local sprint store..

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Hi this is my first post, don't know if I'm in the right section.
Just received a new phone s4 for my daughter and I received L720T, is there a root to get free hotspot?
Been looking but can't find one for L720T version. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

CF-autoroot will root the phone, but as of right now, no one has created a hotspot mod for the "T" version. Crawj made all the original hotspot mods for the S-4 but he hasn't made one for awhile. Another user "fgr" made the mod for the MK2 version. These mods are not interchangeable and are version specific so if you install one that is not for your software version you will brick the phone. I would PM fgr and ask him if he can mod the hotspot for the 720T. He will probably need you to send him the 2 files so he can mod them.

An alternative method is to install the xposed framework installer and then download wanum from the playstore. Wanum has a tethering provision option to unlock the hotspot. You can also customize the stock rom with wanum so it is a worthwhile install.