Arghhhh!Nova launcher

Search This thread

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
8 out of 10 times when I press my home button to come out of any app I'm in, it shows me my recent apps,I clear cache, and it's fine, but after a short time it does it again, it's infuriating, it's like I'm keeping finger on the home button to get recent apps up, but I'm not anyone else had this? Unrooted,
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

chuvk

Dec 17, 2013
Patumthani
fine for about half a day

8 out of 10 times when I press my home button to come out of any app I'm in, it shows me my recent apps,I clear cache, and it's fine, but after a short time it does it again, it's infuriating, it's like I'm keeping finger on the home button to get recent apps up, but I'm not anyone else had this? Unrooted,
Thanks in advance.

I have this problem from time to time also. After long pressing the home button and clearing app history it is fine for about half a day, then it happens again.

My phone is n900 int, kitkat, rooted with Nova Prime.

not a big deal, still much better than the stock launcher, but would be good to get resolved.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
I wonder if there are a lot of people having the same issue?

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
Thanks in advance.

Uninstall and re-install Nova launcher. This app is very good that i paid $4 for Prime version. Try re-installing okay? Cheers! :)

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
Hi,I did that a few weeks ago, I'm not doing that all again.
I'm not saying, or bad mouthing nova launcher in any way, it's the best launcher ever! Just so annoying to have this at the moment.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
hi all ,
After reading above posts ,( i have nova prime running on n9005...stock rom, not rooted )
i "tested " what was echoed above ( pressing home button whilst in app brings up "recent apps " )
i found that a.."long " press ( unknownly ?? or holding it for to" long" brings up recent apps,yes )
but just a brief tap ( tap and let go ) on home button, Nova works 100%
This was my experience and opinion that it is suppose to work like this ?
( long press for too long ..unknownly ?
brings up "recent apps " if you are in another app and just a" brief tap" takes you straight out ?
to home page and another" brief tap" takes you to your main desktop home screen ..correct ? )

Last edited:

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
Yes I've used apex, but wouldn't leave nova, it's the best, that's why this is so frustrating!
It's nothing to do with the settings, because clearing the cache or restarting the phone fixed it, just hope we get 4.4 kit Kat,(any day now BTU, U.K.)
Or Nova gets a update

Pierre118

Apr 13, 2011
The Hague
I use Nova a few years now, on different devices. It is still one of the best launchers. The issue you have I never had on my Note 3.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
HoloHD has the same settings as Nova and is pretty much based the same (can tweak a little more though) - give that a whirl and see - I know Nova is the best (use it myself) but least it'll short term solve your issue.

rotaryboy

Feb 25, 2011
Indiana
I've used Nova for a few years on a several devices and haven't seen this. I'm curious, have you tried changing your home button action in Nova to "none". Try that and see what happens. Also if you switch back to touchwiz does home button pull recent apps as well?

Reactions: androidflea

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
Oh my god!
Oh my god!
Oh my god!
I am officially an idiot
Rotaryboy thank you for correcting my stupidity.

Home button was set to preview.

What a total and utter **** I am.

I've only used android from the beginning, and consider myself an expert in the field, lol

As homer says ,dooooooh!

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
Update!
It's now stated doing it again, and have checked nova settings, home button is set correctly!
So annoyed at seeing this happenn again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used Nova for a few years on a several devices and haven't seen this. I'm curious, have you tried changing your home button action in Nova to "none". Try that and see what happens. Also if you switch back to touchwiz does home button pull recent apps as well?