[Q] [POLL] Age of Windows Phone 7 Users?

Age Demographic for Windows Phone 7 Users/Admirers

• 13-17

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • 18-24

Votes: 203 34.2%
  • 25-34

Votes: 200 33.7%
  • 35-44

Votes: 105 17.7%
  • 45-54

Votes: 25 4.2%
  • 55-64

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 65+

Votes: 13 2.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kapanak

Nov 3, 2010
Well, I am not sure how this poll will proceed from here on, but Microsoft had 20-40 as their targer consumer age group...

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
thanks everyone I will be typing my final paper
I'll try to post when the paper is finished.

As for the demographic in sumation we all the money is in the tween/teen demographic...and even young adult...
we still don't know OEM sale figures and it may be too soon to get that information but to assume that wp7 isn't selling super well it may be due to targetting demographic.

Which in my eyes is odd in lieu of having zune and xbox live support

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
thank you everyone I just finished my paper I'll let you know how it goes I'll close the poll but this is interesting I want to pose a question

were you influenced to purchase windows phone 7 from the really advertising campaign?

comeradealexi

Nov 2, 2008
www.callofdutymappacks.com
ads are humerous but didnt make me buy. i been reading about it long before the launch and found it looked pretty awesome BUT here is some info you might find useful someone at my school said they were looking for a new phone recently and saw the really add and thought it looked pretty cool and investigated it further and is now going to get one, they considered an iphone but said no because its not special anymore, everyone has an iphone its just common!

The Gate Keeper

Jun 30, 2008
Sydney
in australia there aren't a lot of ads (and i don't watch a lot of tv). i began working after finishing uni last year, and once i heard about windows phone and it's shift in programming technologies, that made it for me. seeing the phone, original the live tiles were a bit blah, but everything else was really nice. i had worked with silverlight before, not a lot, but enough to know it's ease of creation and power, so i knew that development for a phone would be pretty sweet.

there is still heaps i don't understand about silverlight, but the app i'm working on is greatly improving, even though i only spend an hour or so a day on it. lets just hope the end product wows those i'm making it for.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hi all. this is an interesting thread. i don't have a WP7 but my Dad does. Microsoft made WP7 to appeal more for younger ages like teenagers. However i use WM6 for a long time on various devices and i'm only 14.
All my friends at school use an iPhone or Android phone, and they all brag about how good their phone is an that compared to mine. It really annoys me, half of them are so thick and don't know anything about their own phones. I guess Microsoft has a bad rep now, eveeyone classes WP7 as a failure and the same as WM6 (they don't realise the new OS)

Last edited:

Niiceg

Jul 8, 2010
Vilnius
Currently 17, but soon 18 (student) and I haven't got WP7 device, but soon I will get one ;D
Well, in my opinion, here shouldn't be many older aged people, because they don't want to hack and etc. They buy device to use it, not to google for sites to look for info about hacking or anything else ;] So, we will have bigger stats for younger people. But I think that WP7 is perfect for all ages and many people will buy phones with it :]

Top Liked Posts