LG's L40(kitkat) vs P900(ICS).. Cheated by LG

Search This thread

rugglez

Dec 30, 2011
Mushroom kingdom
Meanwhile in another thread, Sony is winning the race for worst support for its own NovaThor chipsets :p

The bottom line is, the grass always seems greener on the other side, till you go there. Not heard too many complains about Nexus devices so far though. Maybe I'm just biased towards mine ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW wats the point of releasing L40 when they had already release same spec phone few years back ?

Money Money Money :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
    The only direct responsible for this situation is nVidia. Those who were in active in this forum the last couple of years know perfectly well how it all went down and, even though it was LG the one who should push updates for the o2x, its always been nVidia that obstructed development efforts due to its notorious closed-source policy. In the end of the day, its perfectly understandable for a company to stop supporting a 3-year old device, considering the silly pace in which mobile tech evolves. Keep in mind that the o2x hasnt been the worst of examples in this area. Even though it still holds the record for longest update holdout (16 months to go from Android 2.2 to 2.3 - even mentioned in Wikipedia) it has seen 2 major OS updates: 2.2 to 2.3 to 4.0. Direct competition doesn't differ too much in this sense (SGS 2.3 to 4.0.4 to 4.1, HTC Thunderbolt 2.2 to 2.3 to 4.0) with some 'flagships' that year seeing much less (see Droid Bionic). We should really be grateful that some amazing devs happened to join this forum and dedicated lots of time and knowledge to maintain this phone and get it where it is right now. It's been some time that i dont use my o2x (passed it on to my gf - still runs great) and moved to an iP4s due to Google's frustrating incapability to write a decent low latency audio API (Apple is the undisputed king there). So even though im not planning to move back to Android before this embarrassing situation is resolved, Im absolutely convinced that ill never, ever buy an nVidia powered phone again, no matter what they come up with. So yes, once more: nVidia, F**k You!
    I was reading in news about LG's new low end phone L40 which is going to be launched with kitkat version of android . Here is spec of L40 phone

the L40 has a 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor a smaller screen at 3.5-inches. It also has 4GB of internal storage, but RAM is lesser than the other two(L series phone) at 512 MB. The camera is only a 3-megapixel unit, while the battery size will vary according to markets. The two battery sizes are 1,700mAh and 1,540mAh.

And they are neglecting our P990 which has similar specifications. They should have upgraded our phone first to kitkat which was their flagship phone first.They can not say it doesn't have hardware to support it becoz they themselves are releasing kitkat on same hardware.

BTW wats the point of releasing L40 when they had already release same spec phone few years back ?

Would you buy it? I mean, seriously dude, it's about selling. They are going to make a few millions on that L40 just because it's brand new, has kitkat and has a screen size like older iPhones. If they would update the "unupdateable" Tegra2 powered, 2-3 years old 2X, then everyone would go around buying second-hand, used 2Xs for 40$ on eBay, instead of going for their new phone.
    I was reading in news about LG's new low end phone L40 which is going to be launched with kitkat version of android . Here is spec of L40 phone

the L40 has a 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor a smaller screen at 3.5-inches. It also has 4GB of internal storage, but RAM is lesser than the other two(L series phone) at 512 MB. The camera is only a 3-megapixel unit, while the battery size will vary according to markets. The two battery sizes are 1,700mAh and 1,540mAh.

And they are neglecting our P990 which has similar specifications. They should have upgraded our phone first to kitkat which was their flagship phone first.They can not say it doesn't have hardware to support it becoz they themselves are releasing kitkat on same hardware.

nvidia drivers are closed source and they do not update the drivers any more - and the tegra2 does not even support neon-instructions - thats why LG stopped developing

and because the phone now really is too old - i mean, a 3 year old smartphone is already a dinosaur, what other company still develops updates for such old phones?

my next phone will definitely have NO nvidia chip in it, and will be manufactured by sony because of their full open source approach.