[ROM] ICS 4.04 for u8800pro - Version 4.1 .35 Kernel

Search This thread

qwerty12

Jan 21, 2005
(*Europe).London
There are so many new process and system apps, I'm sure most of them may be safely deleted, but which exactly? No one wanna find out? :)

I'm running 2.07 and I could swear that removing Wiper.apk has re-enabled the use of my Camera again (either that or the switching of the /system/lib/ folder with the 2.06 one and then back again)...

2.06 search button behave like power button o_O

Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and change "key 217 POWER" to "key 217 SEARCH"

qwerty12

Jan 21, 2005
(*Europe).London
where did you get 2.07 for Pro? Share it! :D

I "made" it by comparing dzo's 2.06 release to Sakura's 2.06 and then applying the differences to 2.07.

It's really bad with regards to video related stuff, however, because dzo has updated Qualcomm stuff in the ROM to work better with his 3.0 kernel. When I was first using it, MX Video Player would crash and the Camera wouldn't start; I somehow fixed it by transferring 2.06's lib folder and then restarting, and then transferring 2.07's lib folder again and restarting. I then got a message saying that "Wiper had a problem" (because it's not able to find the library it needs in the lib folder - I transferred the lib folder from a ZIP file which does not store symlinks and the file Wiper wants is a symlink) so I deleted the Wiper APK and my camera started working.

However, video related stuff is still odd - AVIs are now H/W accelerated but Flash acts a little weird when going fullscreen (some overlay elements aren't visible) and when playing one WMV file I have that would automatically put MX Video Player into S/W decoding mode and play fine now causes a black screen with audio present but I have to force MX to play in S/W mode manually.

To be honest, I'd downgrade but like an idiot I deleted my modified 2.06 ZIP so I can't... I also deleted my 2.07 ZIP because I'm the the process of migrating from Xubuntu to Arch Linux and need all the space I can get... I do have some hacks that I need to share like almost-working keypad backlight without automatic brightness (although it still goes off randomly and I have to use the backlight widget to turn it on again) and data roaming notifications removed because my phone keeps switching between T-Mobile and T-Mobile Orange networks. If you really want to try 2.07, I'll prepare a ZIP again in a few days (hopefully, Sakura beats me to it) but I recommend staying with 2.06 for now

Last edited:

alfaomega93

Dec 20, 2011
Everything great with this rom, but sometimes i get a strange issue.

I can't read a mail or a webpage because it's totally white! I get the same problem sometimes with Instagram and alway with Pulse.

Is it just me?

I'm using 2.06

Filatov.p

Mar 13, 2012
Kursk

I can't read a mail or a webpage because it's totally white! I get the same problem sometimes with Instagram and alway with Pulse.

Is it just me?

I'm using 2.06

I'm ok with that, never white screen appeared.

I wonder where should we see the real number oа free RAM? Standard app shows 160-170, ES says it's 80-90. Who's right?

neruxxx

Feb 1, 2012
Santiago

Is it just me?

I'm using 2.06

I have this issue too, only on facebook app and w/2d hwa forced on

Enviado desde mi U8800pro usando Tapatalk

Filatov.p

Mar 13, 2012
Kursk
can you add changelog?

what takes you so hard to read it in Dzo's thread by side?

Version 2.07_test
Update to latest tagged release for msm7x30 (M7630AABBQMLZA4040305I)
Change touchscreen mode to avoid jitter
Update some proprietary binaries
Fix failure to send vreg rpc to the modem from causing battery drain sometimes
Wifi fix for occasional reboots
In /system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini I have set gMaxPsPoll=1 because without this wifi doesn't stay connected during sleep. Some people claim this gives problems when connecting to certain APs but I have never seen this.

O&S

Apr 17, 2012
Used 2.0.1 and 2.0.6 both at first evrything is good, but after some daily use they get laggy, and some bugs starts apearing, but on the other hand updates are prety fast, so in my opinion this room has bright future.

Moihack

Apr 9, 2012
Φιλε pikachukaki keep it up and continue releasing newer revisions of aurora rom! :)
Also I think it would be great if you could make a guide/tutorial that would explain to all wanna-be devs(like myself) how to modify original dzo aurora rom so we could make a better one together.

Reactions: OliverB95

EdisDee

Dec 18, 2010
please upload the 2.08 update. it's released by sakura for u8800pro but the download link at bbs.anzhi.com is not working. if someone has the update please upload asap :)

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
You can help release updates i can't search them now...cos i don't have my phone and my mind is there...when i will take it back from service i will continiou to post new roms!!sorry!!keep the good work!!don't make new posts just upload them here!!

Added the new version...just uploading now wait 20-30minutes!thanks!!

Last edited:

yrxe

Dec 10, 2011
haven't found possibility to add precentage to battery yet. Using this rom since yesterday. Performance is nice, not perferct but really enough for daily use. Toggle 2g/3g option is greyed this i am missing. All networks seems working ok. mostly noticable thing is touchscreen you really have get use to it. Have not noticed any extreme battery drain. Cpu set to 1.5ghz. Installed apex launcher for additional options. in total this rom was worth waiting

Sent from my U8800pro using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version: DZO-the latest of Aurora_4.1_4.0.4
    Kernel: Geno - using the latest CAF Source: M7630AABBQMLZA404030I
    Review: Sakura suza
    ROM size: approximately 110Mb
    ROM name: Aurora_4.1_4.0.4.zip
    Recommendation: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR FULL PACKAGE

1) Download the zip file of the rom with your pc;
    2) Shutdown your smartphone and to be really sure unplug the battery;
    3) Insert your battery and power on your smartphone into recovery mode holding down VOL+ and the power button (be sure that you have the CWM 5.0.2.7);
    4) Go to advanced ---> reboot recovery;
    5) At the new recovery boot go to "mount and storage";
    6) Mount usb storage;
    7) Plug in your usb-microusb cable;
    8) Copy the downloaded zip file into the external sdcard;
    9) Wipe data/factory;
    10) Wipe cache;
    11) Wipe Dalvik Cache;
    12) [OPTIONAL if you experience a huge battery drain only] Wipe Battery Stats;
    13) Go to "mount and storage", then "format /system";
    14) Install zip from sdcard;
    15) choose zip from sdcard and select the downloaded zip file;
    16) Install complete!
    17) reboot system now.

[GAPPS]
    http://goo.im/gapps/
    ---------

DOWNLOAD :http://pikachukaki.googlecode.com/files/Aurora_4.1_4.0.4_Sakura_120719.zip

Unwanted apk's to free the system...CAUTION!!!Careful what you will delete this list is about what i delete if you see an apk that you need or don't know what it did don't delete it!!Those are from MIUIV4 some they exist on aurora some don't!!!
    Antispam.apk
    Backup.apk
    BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk
    BugReport.apk
    CloudService.apk
    Galaxy4.apk (Keep this if you want ICS gallery)
    GuardProvider.apk
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk (Keep this and the 3 above if you want Live Wallpapers)
    MiuiHome.apk (Keep this if you wont change launcher)
    Monitor.apk
    NoiseField.apk
    Notes.apk (Keep this if you want notes)
    Phasebeam.apk
    PicoTts.apk
    PrivInit.apk
    Protips.apk
    Provision.apk
    Quicksearchbox.apk
    Sharedstoragebackup.apk
    Soundrecorder.apk (Keep this if you want sound recorder)
    SuperMarket.apk
    TelocationProvider.apk
    UserDictionaryprovider.apk
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    VoiceDialer.apk (Keep this if your using voice dialer)
    VoiceSearch.apk
    VpnDialogs.apk (Keep this if you use VPN...for some reason)
    Wappushmanager.apk
    Modif

Hi people, this is slightly modified version of Aurora_3.1_4.0.4.

I replaced stock huawei launcher with Zeam launcher, stock browser with Dolphin browser HD,"better keyboard" and google apps (as gmail, talk) are also included.

http://code.google.com/p/my-first-mod/downloads/list

Installation process are the same as is write in first post. Please follow instruction as are written. No need to install gapps.

Tested and work good, if you have any problem please send me PM, I will try to help you.

If your backlight on buttons is not working try Automatic brightness, backlight is lit slightly but it works.

(Uploaded with the consent Pikachukaki :) )

(apps.rar include some useful apps, no installable with CWM, if you want try the apps you must unpack, copy to SD and then classic installation process )

Regards

ps: i am not a developer, i only replace some applications
    uploading the aurora_2.05_8800pro.zip :) stay tuned

EDIT: enjoy :) http://www.2shared.com/file/LJGICH-w/aurora_205_8800pro.html
    There are so many new process and system apps, I'm sure most of them may be safely deleted, but which exactly? No one wanna find out? :)

I'm running 2.07 and I could swear that removing Wiper.apk has re-enabled the use of my Camera again (either that or the switching of the /system/lib/ folder with the 2.06 one and then back again)...

2.06 search button behave like power button o_O

Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and change "key 217 POWER" to "key 217 SEARCH"
    Prople! Before installing new ROM, open zip of this rom with winrar, find build.prop copy it to your desctop and delete original one from archive. Then open build.prop with Notepad++, find:
    ro.product.locale.language=
    ro.product.locale.region=

and change it to your.
    For me it is
    ro.product.locale.language=ru
    ro.product.locale.region=RU

Put build prop into zip where it was and flash it with CWM

Than after flashing you will get rom started with your language running on :)