[ROM][PORT][AOSPA][4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 [Pie-Controls][02/13]

Search This thread

corruptsoul

Oct 22, 2011
Three things:

First, it sounds like everyone is ok with having CM File Manager added in the next port. I'll go ahead and do that.

Second, you may or may not have noticed that when you plug your phone in to your computer only the internal SC card shows up. This is because the Siyah kernel is still getting some bugs worked out of it. The latest version (7.6.7) has fixed this problem and now you no longer need to use that annoying "push button to mount USB Storage" thing. It mounts just like 2 separate USB drives. Get the latest Siyah kernel here.

Third, is anyone else experiencing a bug where if you reboot phone the screen is entirely unresponsive to touch? I've had it happen 3 times so far. Hardware keys work fine, sound works fine, processor works fine (phone isn't crashed), just the screen doesn't register touch. Oddly this seems to be fixed by doing a "reset permissions" in CWM. I know it isn't a hardware bug as screen touch capacitance works fine in CWM. It's an odd little thing, I've never had this happen before. Anyway if anyone else is experiencing this, please confirm otherwise I'll assume it is some weird thing my phone is doing.
Hasn't happened to me. But the latest update at long last fixed my issue with the service bars not showing up.

rk249

Jun 24, 2012
Can anybody tell me how I can get this rom with stock CM kernel? Siyah doesn't work well with my phone. I could port it myself but I dont know where I can get the CM kernel.

rk249

Jun 24, 2012
Pull the boot.img from the root of zip.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
I dont know how to mess around with a boot.img and extract the kernel from it. I dont think just swapping the boot.img in the paranoidrom with the one from CM10.1 will switch the kernel and that it'll work after that. Which is why I was hoping someone had a zImage or zip file of the stock CM kernel.

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
Re: [ROM][PORT][AOSPA][4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID v2.99 [01/26][Pie-Controls][IR-Build]

I dont know how to mess around with a boot.img and extract the kernel from it. I dont think just swapping the boot.img in the paranoidrom with the one from CM10.1 will switch the kernel and that it'll work after that. Which is why I was hoping someone had a zImage or zip file of the stock CM kernel.

It works, just copy the modules too. I am using my own port right now with some things i pulled from the Nexus 4 build.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk HD

damaven

Mar 2, 2012
Three things:

First, it sounds like everyone is ok with having CM File Manager added in the next port. I'll go ahead and do that.

Second, you may or may not have noticed that when you plug your phone in to your computer only the internal SC card shows up. This is because the Siyah kernel is still getting some bugs worked out of it. The latest version (7.6.7) has fixed this problem and now you no longer need to use that annoying "push button to mount USB Storage" thing. It mounts just like 2 separate USB drives. Get the latest Siyah kernel here.

Third, is anyone else experiencing a bug where if you reboot phone the screen is entirely unresponsive to touch? I've had it happen 3 times so far. Hardware keys work fine, sound works fine, processor works fine (phone isn't crashed), just the screen doesn't register touch. Oddly this seems to be fixed by doing a "reset permissions" in CWM. I know it isn't a hardware bug as screen touch capacitance works fine in CWM. It's an odd little thing, I've never had this happen before. Anyway if anyone else is experiencing this, please confirm otherwise I'll assume it is some weird thing my phone is doing.

not on reboot, but i have seen the screen become unresponsive to touch more than once. the most recent occurrence, the phone froze as well and had to pull the battery out.

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
not on reboot, but i have seen the screen become unresponsive to touch more than once. the most recent occurrence, the phone froze as well and had to pull the battery out.

Since flashing Siyah 7.6.7 I haven't had this problem any more. I suggest everyone update to the new version if you're still running whatever was on my latest port. AJ has made a ton of fixes and it looks like this random screen touch issue was one of them.

Reactions: toakster

damaven

Mar 2, 2012
Since flashing Siyah 7.6.7 I haven't had this problem any more. I suggest everyone update to the new version if you're still running whatever was on my latest port. AJ has made a ton of fixes and it looks like this random screen touch issue was one of them.

I have already flashed the Siyah 7.6.7 kernel...and the latest occurrence happened after that...am wondering if it is something to do with the Swype keyboard (usually happens when trying to type something).

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Delaware
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5a
Re: [ROM][PORT][AOSPA][4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID v2.99 [01/26][Pie-Controls][IR-Build]

I have already flashed the Siyah 7.6.7 kernel...and the latest occurrence happened after that...am wondering if it is something to do with the Swype keyboard (usually happens when trying to type something).

I have been using swype for a year. Never caused me a reboot or screen freeze with any of the ROMs I've flashed. I also use swiftkey but that occasionally will give me an issue.

Hälftebyte

I think just the PA Prefs(hybrid settings) will be closed source.
The Pie Controls have already made it to RootBOX porting v3.6 now.

I notice it's now in the play store. I guess buying it will solve this? Or is that just for donations?

Sent from my i777

rk249

Jun 24, 2012
It works, just copy the modules too. I am using my own port right now with some things i pulled from the Nexus 4 build.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk HD
So I just replace the system/libs/modules folder and the boot.img with the ones from CM and it'll boot fine? I'll give it a try this weekend then.

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010

So I just replace the system/libs/modules folder and the boot.img with the ones from CM and it'll boot fine? I'll give it a try this weekend then.

You will have to change the update script as well from zImage to boot.img

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk HD

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC

Give me the boot.img you want and I'll replace it for you if you like. Also please provide where you are getting the file from so if there are errors we can track them down.

EDIT: I just tried putting the CM kernel in as I get MUCH smoother performance out of Cyanogen but that kernel breaks WiFi and has issues mounting the SD card. I don't know of any way to fix that right now so I'd advise sticking with Siyah for the time being. The dev is working his ass off to get that working so we shouldn't have to wait very long before we have a stable kernel.

Last edited:

mlaws90

Give me the boot.img you want and I'll replace it for you if you like. Also please provide where you are getting the file from so if there are errors we can track them down.

EDIT: I just tried putting the CM kernel in as I get MUCH smoother performance out of Cyanogen but that kernel breaks WiFi and has issues mounting the SD card. I don't know of any way to fix that right now so I'd advise sticking with Siyah for the time being. The dev is working his ass off to get that working so we shouldn't have to wait very long before we have a stable kernel.

I can try fixing WiFi possibly. I'll try porting the latest. Are you using the latest modules from a CM 10.1 nightly?

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC

Doh! I forgot to switch out the modules. 99% sure that was the problem.

I'll do a quick and dirty to see if that was the issue.

EDIT: Yes, replacing the modules fixes the problem. CM kernel is working swimmingly!

Here is the latest PA port with the CM kernel.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Raymen864

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

untitled-2j1rg9.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CWM BASED RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

FEATURES for 2.99,

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY,

mako_5iscid.png

TUTORIAL,

untitled1unbtd.jpg

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Special Thanks to
    Bajee11
    gokussjx

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

Changelog

12 Feb Build
    full PA3 sources
    new Pie behavior
    home button recent apps fixed
    Pin screen fixed
    keyboard fixed
    a lot of under the hood changes

10 Feb Build
    PA3 Release candidate
    home button fixed
    pin keypad cutting is back will fix it later

Fixed all major bugs besides home button
    Tweaked pie trigger area for hdpi devices
    Trebuchet Launcher instead of aosp launcher
    CM camera:Fixed video recording

25012013PA PIE
    Updated sources

22012013 build
    Fixed statusbar issues
    Fixed keyboard issues
    Fixed Pin unlock overlay
    MMS auto retrieval from cm
    Added HDPI Overlay
    Added HDPI boot animation (thanks kroz)
    updated to latest sources
    paranoid.png

PARANODANDROID 2.0 is Coming Soon.
    Hi mlaws90,

PA V1.98 just came out....:D

Working on it right now. PARANOIDANDROID v1.98 will be up in a couple hours!