[ROM] 4.4.2 GPE, philz recovery, fixed logo, easy for noobs and no noobs

Search This thread

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
http://youtu.be/faSg3puGssQ

download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3..._recovery_6.13.19,_root,_drivers,_logo_fix.7z

basically this is a one click solution to flash a moto g into GPE, with a custom recovery, and boot logo fixed with every file included

hi, i just made this pack, in order to get an easy GPE rom with fixed logo and philz recovery with everything included for the flash ib 1 click, i just compiled some things so it can be easier for noobs and even no noobs to save time

the original idea came from this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646404, but i wanted to add a custom recovery, logo fixed for unlocked devices, and have it all ready in a single package

features:
-4.4.2 rom GPE xt1032 stock
-adb files
-philz recovery falcon gpe philz_touch_6.13.9-falcon_gpe, you can replace the recovery for any other you want (using the same name for recovery) (i 100% recommend to use this included) warning read the last part of post
-supersu compatible with the philz recovery included for root (newer philz recovery does not work in gpe, also newer supersu cannot be flashed in the included recovery, you have to use this 2 versions included, trust me, later you still can update supersu)
-motorola drivers included, MotorolaDeviceManager_2.4.5
-logo fixed for unlocked devices (normal logo without the dumb unlocked blablabla info)

usage:
1)you need a moto g 1032xt with UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, yes i mean you can use a stock moto g with motorola rom 4.4.2 or even a moto g GPE 4.4.2 if you want to restore the firmware as long as they are 1032xt, i don´t know about other models, my moto G are from amazon USA unlocked global gsm xt1032 16gb, if you are on 4.3 please update to oficial motorola rom 4.4.2, then you can use this

2)you need to install motorola drivers, included MotorolaDeviceManager_2.4.5, connect the phone on and let windows setup drivers, then off, then in bootloader in order to install drivers, if you don´t know what bootloader is, then please get out (ok noobs, bootloader is when the phone is off, press power + vol down for 3 secs and release, that is the bootloader)

3)after drivers, connect the phone in bootloader screen

4)execute in the PC GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC

5)wait............there are some purple lines of text like warnings, ignore them, don´t worry it is normal, wait until the end, unplug and press normal powerup or reboot the phone

6)phone should start into android welcome screen

optional (root)

7)in welcome screen or any other time, plug the phone and copy supersu into phone memory, power off the phone

8)boot into bootloader again, go to recovery, flash supersu (install zip, choose zip from sd card, select supersu.zip, yes install supersu.zip, wait some......................., press any key, reboot system now), restart, download supersu from playstore, done, you are root

WARNING about OTAs updates
no matter what firmware you use, if you have custom recovery, do not update the phone via OTA, i repeat DO NOT UPDATE

flash a stock recovery, then update via OTA, else the phone will be in a boot loop

thanks
dashiell.cano, for discovering that way of flash
Phil3759, for custom recovery
alonsoch, for moto g tool

Last edited:

abell431

Oct 28, 2011
Hi I am running SlimRom but want too go to GPE will it delete my music + photos etc?

scdsone

Jun 7, 2009
whitehaven
ive tryed dozons of roms in the last couple of week & mobile date or gps has not works on all of them
but this rom works fine on my uk o2 xt1032 devise just fm radio was missing but added Spirit2 which works fine

thanks

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
please, is it based on 176.44.1 or older???

thanks

GPE has only 1 version until now, this is not motorola rom, is GPE like nexus

Can you add a link for the stock recovery? Thanks!

look the forums, there are 3 custom recovery, i like philz

is there a reason why they dont add it in any GPE rom?

because there are 1000 apps for it on the store, why bother, no ones uses that, listen to ads lol, no way

Reactions: Ballesss

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
Yes, but you have said that we can't use the OTA's if we dont have a stock recovery. Where can i found it?

no one can be sure 100% about otas since the GPE has not had none

and sorry, i did not read well, i though you mean custom recoveries

if you want stock GPe or motorola recovery, then download a stock firmware and unzip the files, extract the recovery and you can replace the one i included

sorry, but it is something easy, i dont want to upload that, maybe later

Reactions: Ballesss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://youtu.be/faSg3puGssQ

download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3..._recovery_6.13.19,_root,_drivers,_logo_fix.7z

basically this is a one click solution to flash a moto g into GPE, with a custom recovery, and boot logo fixed with every file included

hi, i just made this pack, in order to get an easy GPE rom with fixed logo and philz recovery with everything included for the flash ib 1 click, i just compiled some things so it can be easier for noobs and even no noobs to save time

the original idea came from this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646404, but i wanted to add a custom recovery, logo fixed for unlocked devices, and have it all ready in a single package

features:
    -4.4.2 rom GPE xt1032 stock
    -adb files
    -philz recovery falcon gpe philz_touch_6.13.9-falcon_gpe, you can replace the recovery for any other you want (using the same name for recovery) (i 100% recommend to use this included) warning read the last part of post
    -supersu compatible with the philz recovery included for root (newer philz recovery does not work in gpe, also newer supersu cannot be flashed in the included recovery, you have to use this 2 versions included, trust me, later you still can update supersu)
    -motorola drivers included, MotorolaDeviceManager_2.4.5
    -logo fixed for unlocked devices (normal logo without the dumb unlocked blablabla info)

usage:
    1)you need a moto g 1032xt with UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, yes i mean you can use a stock moto g with motorola rom 4.4.2 or even a moto g GPE 4.4.2 if you want to restore the firmware as long as they are 1032xt, i don´t know about other models, my moto G are from amazon USA unlocked global gsm xt1032 16gb, if you are on 4.3 please update to oficial motorola rom 4.4.2, then you can use this

2)you need to install motorola drivers, included MotorolaDeviceManager_2.4.5, connect the phone on and let windows setup drivers, then off, then in bootloader in order to install drivers, if you don´t know what bootloader is, then please get out (ok noobs, bootloader is when the phone is off, press power + vol down for 3 secs and release, that is the bootloader)

3)after drivers, connect the phone in bootloader screen

4)execute in the PC GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC

5)wait............there are some purple lines of text like warnings, ignore them, don´t worry it is normal, wait until the end, unplug and press normal powerup or reboot the phone

6)phone should start into android welcome screen

optional (root)

7)in welcome screen or any other time, plug the phone and copy supersu into phone memory, power off the phone

8)boot into bootloader again, go to recovery, flash supersu (install zip, choose zip from sd card, select supersu.zip, yes install supersu.zip, wait some......................., press any key, reboot system now), restart, download supersu from playstore, done, you are root

WARNING about OTAs updates
    no matter what firmware you use, if you have custom recovery, do not update the phone via OTA, i repeat DO NOT UPDATE

flash a stock recovery, then update via OTA, else the phone will be in a boot loop

thanks
    dashiell.cano, for discovering that way of flash
    Phil3759, for custom recovery
    alonsoch, for moto g tool
    This isn't a rom, it is just a guide.

i was uploading the files
    Could you give a link to the fixed boot logo?

download the entire file and get the logo from the zip
    will it work on xt1033?

i have no idea but some dude said it will
    added a little info on OP, corrected text mistakes