[Q] Missed the At&T update. Stuck on 4.1.2. Need 4.4.2

Search This thread

anirudhgargi

Dec 3, 2010
Bangalore
Hi

I missed the HTC One At&t OTA updates ( 4.3 and then the 4.4 Sense 6 ) for my phone. I know i can side load them.
I have been searching for Stock ROMs given during OTA.

Can i directly update to the 4.4 update package and skip the 4.3 update ? Is it safe ?

Also can anybody direct me to the links for the 4.3 package and the 4.4 package and the steps. I have a thread which has the 4.4 package, just was searching for steps and the 4.3 package.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659374

Also, as a curiosity , i read people requesting At&t to 'push' a specific version to a subscriber , by asking a code to be dialed on the phone. How does this system work ? Do they push on the basics of IMEI ?

One more experimental thing, if i change the date of my phone back when 4.3 was released , is it possible that i shall get a OTA update from At&t server when i check for it ?? has anybody tried this ?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi

I missed the HTC One At&t OTA updates ( 4.3 and then the 4.4 Sense 6 ) for my phone. I know i can side load them.
I have been searching for Stock ROMs given during OTA.

Can i directly update to the 4.4 update package and skip the 4.3 update ? Is it safe ?

Also can anybody direct me to the links for the 4.3 package and the 4.4 package and the steps. I have a thread which has the 4.4 package, just was searching for steps and the 4.3 package.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659374

Also, as a curiosity , i read people requesting At&t to 'push' a specific version to a subscriber , by asking a code to be dialed on the phone. How does this system work ? Do they push on the basics of IMEI ?

One more experimental thing, if i change the date of my phone back when 4.3 was released , is it possible that i shall get a OTA update from At&t server when i check for it ?? has anybody tried this ?

just flash the 3.xx.502.x RUU in my thread and you will get the OTA updates if your on AT&T and in the US

anirudhgargi

Dec 3, 2010
Bangalore
Thanks . Sorry , not currently in US and also not on At&t.

just flash the 3.xx.502.x RUU in my thread and you will get the OTA updates if your on AT&T and in the US

Sorry currently not in US and not on At&t . Any other way ?

Surpisingy HTC website tells a way to flash ROM on t-mobile HTC one but not on At&t one. It says OTA only.

anirudhgargi

Dec 3, 2010
Bangalore
No way to get At&t update if outside US and not on At&t. ROM flashing is the way.

if you are not in US and not on At&t network currently . I checked there are no proper OTA files for the AT&T to update via OTA method if you are stuck on 4.1 ( 1.25. xxxx) . Via OTA files user data is preserved. No need to re-setup your device.
So you can't just go without flashing the phone and re-setup of old apps and stuff is required.

Now that you have to flash the phone its so much better to leave At&T builds. They have the highest amount of junk ( bloatware) in their builds. At&t phone book app i hate you.

So, do one step more and convert your phone to a generic version. US developer version is the best. Updates are faster and directly from HTC. And Rom has no issues.

That one step more is changing your CID and MEID in fastboot menu. ( it requires a S-off , and S-off might require a root. Root might require a TWRP recovery and SU binary steps ) .
If you on 1.44 Hboot the story is easy , just s-off via revone and unlock bootloader( i guess not needed !) and then flash a JB (4.3) binary first and then update to KK. Don't jump to KK directly with RUU.exe method . It fails with image error 158. I spent 5 hours figuring why this error !!!

Also can be converted to any other edition by changing the respective CID and MEID. Later make sure the CID is correct to receive the future OTA updates.

PS : T-Mobile is so much better in terms of pushing OTA. I had a m7 t-mobile SIM unlocked outside US. Never had a issue for any OTA. All were pushed on time.
Very unprofessional of At&t, that they want only their 'active' At&t members only to get the updates.
IF they see that the update binary is already same for all and is ready, its just server bandwidth they need, to extend OTA to non-At&t subscribers using an At&t phone.