LogMeIn Ignition for Android on NC?

Search This thread

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
I use Logmein (free) on my home desktop each day to check email & do some work remotely in Oracle.
Coworkers have tried Ignition on their iPads but give it a thumbs down for useability.
Has anyone tried it on a CM7 NC? Thought about getting one of the BT mini-keyboards to use with it, but paying $$ for an app that might not work gives me pause. Anyone have experience with it?

akaCat

May 13, 2011
I'd be curious to know, too.

I use LogMeIn both from my PC and my iPad -- with an external keyboard, it's usable on the iPad. I can't help think that the 7" screen on the NC would just be too small, though.

deboyz1014

Jan 21, 2011
Its usable but expect lag and delay on screen refresh. If you plan to use it for a quick file grab then its ok but don't expect to be doing anything intensive.

Jgrimoldy

Jan 30, 2011
scotts valley, CA
Alternative

You may want to consider Team Viewer. At least the last time I used it, it was free.

With it, I has some funny behaviour with artifacts being left on my NC screen after I closed windows on my Vista machine. I suspect that it was an issue on the Vista box, but I'm not sure...

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
I've used Team Viewer before, but much prefer Logmein, it seems to function a lot better & has more options. Plus don't you need to have someone at both ends to provide the remote session access code info for TV?
Also wondered if it would be really useable on such a small screen, I guess for simple email reading it might work , but for drilling thru Oracle screens, it might be a bit of a stretch.
Anyone know if there's a free trial period, or do you have to buy it to use it at all first? Would like to try it out, but don't really want to part with $30 if it fails.

philburkhardt

Aug 30, 2010
Seattle Basestar
I highly recommend Phone My PC as a Logmein alternative.

It's only $10, and you can do pretty much everything on your connected PC. You can set the graphics quality, and at it's highest settings it looks just as good as sitting in front of your pc monitor. You can also hook up as many pc's as you want. I have been using it for about a year on my phones and now my nook. I really like it.

Here's the market link, if you want to check it out:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.softwareforme.PhoneMyPC&feature=search_result

Reactions: Gin1212

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal

It's only $10, and you can do pretty much everything on your connected PC. You can set the graphics quality, and at it's highest settings it looks just as good as sitting in front of your pc monitor. You can also hook up as many pc's as you want. I have been using it for about a year on my phones and now my nook. I really like it.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.softwareforme.PhoneMyPC&feature=search_result

This looks pretty interesting! So how is it for mousing around on remote screens?
I'd need to switch across two monitors. The price is definitely right.:)

philburkhardt

Aug 30, 2010
Seattle Basestar
This looks pretty interesting! So how is it for mousing around on remote screens?
It's great, you can tap around the screen or you can bring up a mouse cursor to move around. I have not used multiple screens with it. But, from what I can tell switching between monitors is as simple as clicking an icon, and picking your monitor.

Reactions: christoophat

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
Last edited:

carlsmash

Jan 20, 2011
Teamviewer seems to be the best free app out there. I discovered Splashtop Remote a couple weeks ago and was amazed though. It looks clean, and is powered by your GPU so you can watch movies and games (over wifi at least). Only thing that bugs me about it is lack of customization in the controls. There is a demo app to test drive it, and the paid version is only a buck.

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
How do you use TeamViewer without someone at the other end to enter in the ID# & password? I've never seen where you can login with it remotely otherwise.

SaurusM3

Dec 25, 2012
daLLas

Worth a look, but says $14.99 today. Still a good deal, saw another wanting a $10/mo. subscription! :p

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Splashtop is pretty good too.

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app

richardmaxwell

May 16, 2014
I use Logmein Ignition for personal use and it works well. But for business purposes, I prefer a more secured option; hence I use RHUB remote support servers. It works well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's great, you can tap around the screen or you can bring up a mouse cursor to move around. I have not used multiple screens with it. But, from what I can tell switching between monitors is as simple as clicking an icon, and picking your monitor.