[Root] UPDATE SuperSU 1.91 Galaxy mega 5.8 [I9152]

Search This thread

matrixx97

Feb 5, 2014
Con-Con
After making our device root, the mistake was not being able update our SuperSU through play store, however, if you can do through CWM or TWRP

I do not take responsibility for brick on their devices, follow the instructions completely

1- Download the Zip file SuperSU 1.91
2- Without decompressing the file, leave it in the root of the SD Card
3- Start the device in recovery mode, select install zip from SDcard option and select the file "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip"
4- wait until the device restarts and ready;)

After you install this update the SuperSU may update without problem from the same play store, Fixed Bug :D

I remind you that this is the update before this if you are not root have to do the steps in this post.

http://xdaforums.com/...2394448

Last edited:
Reactions: Pheopoonz

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Después de haber Rooteado nuestro equipo, el bug es el no poder actualizar nuestro Supersu mediante play store, sin embargo, si se puede hacer mediante el recovery ya sea CWM o TWRP

No me hago responsable de Brick en sus dispositivos, sigan las instrucciones al pie de la letra

1- Descargar el archivo Zip SuperSU 1.91
2- Sin descomprimir el archivo, lo dejan en la raíz de la SD Card
3- Iniciar el equipo en modo Recovery, seleccionar la opción install zip from SDcard y seleccionan el archivo UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip
4- esperan hasta que se reinicie el equipo y listo ;)

Recuerdo que esta es la actualización, antes de esto si no eres root tienes que hacer los pasos de este post

Mod Edit

It is OK to post in your language , but you MUST post an English translation with it.

Please edit your post.

Thank you.

malybru
Forum Moderator

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
How I Root a Rom whit Knox bootloader and appl (from I9205):

- First of all I have a appl superuser.apk (SuperSU v1.80) on extSdCard. For now I prefer this version.
- Flash by Odin the i920x-cwm-recovery.tar.md5.
- (For now I prefer the PhilZ-touch-recovery-6.0.4.6. Thanks @Phil3759). Reboot.
- Power off. On recovery by Power + Vol-up I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip from Chainfire. Thanks @Chainfire . Root but not Busybox.
- After reboot the SuperSU can stop sometimes, it is installed on system/app and Knox not permit all access at system.
- Then, whit Explorer from Rom I go at extSdCard and touch on superuser.apk and install it. This way the apk is installed on data/app. Root solved.
- Now we can touch on icon SuperSU, this start and ask us to invalidate Knox. We must say Yes.
- Installed Busybox 1.22.1 of Stericson from Play Store. Verified whit "Root Verifier". It's all, we have all root now.

PS: On Mega I9205 and S4 Mini I9195 I must always begin by 1.80. On 4.2.2 the UPDATE's-SuperSU 1.86, 1.89 and 1.91 work bad. This have mod's to 4.3+ and not work well on 4.2.2 afaik. I never flash that 3 last UPDATE's on 4.2.2. Update after by Play Store, single the SuperSU, now 1.93.

@matrixx97
You are new here. Welcome to XDA.

Attachments

• UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,178
Last edited:

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
How I Root a Rom whit Knox bootloader and appl (from I9205):

- First of all I have a appl superuser.apk (SuperSU v1.80) on extSdCard. For now I prefer this version.
- Flash by Odin the i920x-cwm-recovery.tar.md5.
- (For now I prefer the PhilZ-touch-recovery-6.0.4.6. Thanks @Phil3759). Reboot.
- Power off. On recovery by Power + Vol-up I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip from Chainfire. Thanks @Chainfire . Root but not Busybox.
- After reboot the SuperSU can stop sometimes, it is installed on system/app and Knox not permit all access at system.
- Then, whit Explorer from Rom I go at extSdCard and touch on superuser.apk and install it. This way the apk is installed on data/app. Root solved.
- Now we can touch on icon SuperSU, this start and ask us to invalidate Knox. We must say Yes.
- Installed Busybox 1.22.1 of Stericson from Play Store. Verified whit "Root Verifier". It's all, we have all root now.

PS: On Mega I9205 and S4 Mini I9195 I must always begin by 1.80. On 4.2.2 the UPDATE's-SuperSU 1.86, 1.89 and 1.91 work bad. This have mod's to 4.3+ and not work well on 4.2.2 afaik. I never flash that 3 last UPDATE's on 4.2.2. Update after by Play Store, single the SuperSU, now 1.93.

@matrixx97
You are new here. Welcome to XDA.

This is confusing....The title says i9152 yet you are posting about i92xx....

layrondee

Jan 19, 2014
error from above method

This is confusing....The title says i9152 yet you are posting about i92xx....

so confusing. though i tried the OPs method.. flashed correctly.. it showed android is updating.. but still SU app fails to upgrade from 1.41.. any clue? , even clean removal and reinstallation from playstore is mission impossible. will reloading through odin and rerooting solve the ish?

Rita mady

Jul 5, 2016
Hi there guys. Im using samsung mega 5.8 (i9152) I wanna take a full nandroid backup of my device so it is said that I should have rooted my device for making a full nandroid backup. So can any one of you please please help me to root & nandroid backup of my device. With clear instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After making our device root, the mistake was not being able update our SuperSU through play store, however, if you can do through CWM or TWRP

I do not take responsibility for brick on their devices, follow the instructions completely

1- Download the Zip file SuperSU 1.91
    2- Without decompressing the file, leave it in the root of the SD Card
    3- Start the device in recovery mode, select install zip from SDcard option and select the file "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip"
    4- wait until the device restarts and ready;)

After you install this update the SuperSU may update without problem from the same play store, Fixed Bug :D

I remind you that this is the update before this if you are not root have to do the steps in this post.