This Q&A/T supports the following Devices

* AT&T~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
* T-Mobile~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
* Sprint~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
* Verizon~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
* International (i9505~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
Please click your device link above to be brought to your ROM

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
redLine.png

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
Additional Q&A/T Information

Liquid's development threads are intended for developmental purposes only, which means that posts should be focused solely on bug reports (with logcats) and assistance to further improving the ROM. Development threads in general are by no means a 24/7 tech support service but everyone needs some help every now and then and that is the purpose of this thread.

Most of you should already be aware that Q&A threads such as this are intended to clear any off topic posts and questions from the development threads to the Q&A/T thread, thus keeping the development threads clutter-free and ON-topic.

Any discussions concerning battery life, custom kernels, 3rd party apps, mods, etc.. will be posted in this thread along with any other general questions or topics NOT pertaining to the development of the project itself.

Any and all questions are welcome here but you must ALWAYS remember to search as well as read the FAQ and the OP of the original thread prior to posting questions. You stand a better chance of finding the answer to your question yourself by performing these tasks and it's a great feeling. :)

Additionally, no one should answer to OT questions asked on the development threads but instead, when convenient, respond with something like "Please use the Q&A/T thread for this kind of question". Consecutive OT posts will be moved here to Q&A/T as required.

And finally, if someone in this thread helps you, please take a second to click their 'thanks' button! Someone has taken the time to assist you, and clicking thanks will make them feel appreciated so they come back the next day and help someone else! You get 8 thanks a day, don't be stingy with them! (I'm not even talking about me. I'm not looking for 'thanks'. Save them for others who directly answer your questions. They will deserve it.

How to best ask for help in this thread!

Please try to provide as much of the following information as possible when posting your issues for the best possible support from myself or the community.

1. ROM version
2. Recovery + version
3. Kernel + version
3. Gapps package + version
4. Mods
5. Troubleshooting steps
6. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE

The FAQ can be found in 3rd post. I will add to it as the thread progresses.

If you discover a bug not listed in question #6 of the FAQ, please report it on the main Liquidsmooth thread (with logcats if possible) or submit the bug on their Official Google+ Bug section and it will be added here accordingly.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the AWESOMENESS that is Liquidsmooth!

Last edited:

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
2e9trIl.jpg

Q1 - How do I flash this ROM?
A - Download the ROM and GAPPS from the original thread. (Mirror found HERE)
1. Reboot recovery
2. Make a nandroid backup (recommended}
3. Wipe data/Factory reset
4. Flash the ROM and GAPPS
5. Reboot and enjoy!

Q2 - Can I flash this on my (jfltexx/jflteatt/jfltevzw/jfltespr/jfltecan/jfltetmo/jflteusc/jflteworldcom/jflte10-10-220)?
A - Yep. See post #2 of the original thread

Q3 - Can i flash this on my i9500?
A - No, sorry.

Q4 - I'm having crazy issues with _____ after flashing the latest nightly. PS: I dirty-flashed.
A - See the wise words in @CPA Poke's signature.

Q5 - It wont flash with TWRP, how do i fix it
A - This is an issue with LiquidSmooth. To flash with twrp, follow this method:*
1. Factory reset*
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Flash*

-OR-

A - Update your recovery to the most recent TWRP.

Q6 - What are the known bugs on this ROM?
A - Currently, they include the following:

- Font Size picker does not work.
- Slim Pie needs a reboot before the trigger areas work.
- App Settings (Xposed) does not work.
- Network Mode quick tile will disappear from the add panel list once it's added to the QS Panel (Note: Some users have also reported the same for their LTE quick tile).

Q7 - How can I change from the default CLock color on my lockscreen?
A - You cannot apply your changes from the system settings. To change lockscreen color you will need to do the following:
1. Settings > Lock screen > Widgets > enable widgets
2. Enter lockscreen then expand the widgets
3. Hold on the CLock widget then drag it towards the X icon to remove it.
4. Tap on the + sign and select CLock from the list of widgets
5. Adjust the settings to your liking
6. Tap on the check mark at the upper right hand corner of the CLock menu to confirm/apply your changes.

Last edited:

djmik21

Mar 6, 2013
Ok quick question. Today i flashed the latest rom and it had a blue liquid smooth backround picture but when i restored my google account it was replaced with my previous backround. Now i can't find in liquid papers. Can anyone help?
I thought i'd start things up.
:D

PapaMag

Mar 13, 2011
White City, Utah
OnePlus 9
Ok quick question. Today i flashed the latest rom and it had a blue liquid smooth backround picture but when i restored my google account it was replaced with my previous backround. Now i can't find in liquid papers. Can anyone help?
I thought i'd start things up.
:D

What launcher are you using? Sometimes that has a tendency to mess with the stock wallpaper. I can't go searching for it at the moment because I use my own wallpaper and delete the liquidpaper folder.

djmik21

Mar 6, 2013
What launcher are you using? Sometimes that has a tendency to mess with the stock wallpaper. I can't go searching for it at the moment because I use my own wallpaper and delete the liquidpaper folder.

I use nova launcher but i think it was changed before installing nova.

PapaMag

Mar 13, 2011
White City, Utah
OnePlus 9
Exactly what issues WERE you having?

Yes I know you went back to 3/13 already lol.

Sorry guess it would be helpful if I made myself clear. I flashed the new build but I'm a KT fan and flashed the latest kernal. After doing so my wifi would not work, gapps kept force closing as well, there was one other but can't remember what it was.

Tried a clean flash at first, then tried a dirty flash over 03-13 both with the same result.

ParkerParker

Aug 10, 2013
ThE EvErGrEeN StAtE
Sorry guess it would be helpful if I made myself clear. I flashed the new build but I'm a KT fan and flashed the latest kernal. After doing so my wifi would not work, gapps kept force closing as well, there was one other but can't remember what it was.

Tried a clean flash at first, then tried a dirty flash over 03-13 both with the same result.

What recovery?
Nevermind read the comment above sounds like something is up, I'll try in a few, haven't had that happen (loose wifi) since I was messing around with radios... Did you try another build on the kernel or only the latest?

Last edited:

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
I'll give it a shot right now. Running smooth with cpapokes kernel, but I'll take one for the team.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

No WiFi, fc play services, fc framework. Restoring my nandroid. :)

What recovery?
Nevermind read the comment above sounds like something is up, I'll try in a few, haven't had that happen (loose wifi) since I was messing around with radios... Did you try another build on the kernel or only the latest?

TWRP 2.7.0.1 and since they did a built in loki it's smooth as glass no issues at all. I can flash any other build and all works just fine. Running 03-13 and cruisin

Seems to be an issue with loading frandom on boot up after flashing the latest 3/12 kT build..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51094944

No issues on stock kernel though.

Last edited:

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
The camera doesn't seem nearly as good as TW camera. I tried changing the focus mode to infinity but it refuses to change from continuous. And pictures I take don't look as good as I'd expect. Any fix for this or another camera app that will take better pics?

FYI, running Philz recovery and the 3/13 version.

mbonus

Aug 18, 2010
Is anyone using the active display feature? The brightness adjustment doesn't seem to have an effect. 3.14 build.

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
The camera doesn't seem nearly as good as TW camera. I tried changing the focus mode to infinity but it refuses to change from continuous. And pictures I take don't look as good as I'd expect. Any fix for this or another camera app that will take better pics?

FYI, running Philz recovery and the 3/13 version.

Try this app. I find it to be a good replacement to the AOSP camera.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marginz.snaptrial

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

1239713_366484996816582_1457113416_n.jpg

Please note
    This Q&A/T supports the following Devices

* AT&T~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
    * T-Mobile~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
    * Sprint~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
    * Verizon~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
    * International (i9505~ [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth
    Please click your device link above to be brought to your ROM

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    2e9trIl.jpg

Q1 - How do I flash this ROM?
    A - Download the ROM and GAPPS from the original thread. (Mirror found HERE)
    1. Reboot recovery
    2. Make a nandroid backup (recommended}
    3. Wipe data/Factory reset
    4. Flash the ROM and GAPPS
    5. Reboot and enjoy!

Q2 - Can I flash this on my (jfltexx/jflteatt/jfltevzw/jfltespr/jfltecan/jfltetmo/jflteusc/jflteworldcom/jflte10-10-220)?
    A - Yep. See post #2 of the original thread

Q3 - Can i flash this on my i9500?
    A - No, sorry.

Q4 - I'm having crazy issues with _____ after flashing the latest nightly. PS: I dirty-flashed.
    A - See the wise words in @CPA Poke's signature.

Q5 - It wont flash with TWRP, how do i fix it
    A - This is an issue with LiquidSmooth. To flash with twrp, follow this method:*
    1. Factory reset*
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash*

-OR-

A - Update your recovery to the most recent TWRP.

Q6 - What are the known bugs on this ROM?
    A - Currently, they include the following:

- Font Size picker does not work.
    - Slim Pie needs a reboot before the trigger areas work.
    - App Settings (Xposed) does not work.
    - Network Mode quick tile will disappear from the add panel list once it's added to the QS Panel (Note: Some users have also reported the same for their LTE quick tile).

Q7 - How can I change from the default CLock color on my lockscreen?
    A - You cannot apply your changes from the system settings. To change lockscreen color you will need to do the following:
    1. Settings > Lock screen > Widgets > enable widgets
    2. Enter lockscreen then expand the widgets
    3. Hold on the CLock widget then drag it towards the X icon to remove it.
    4. Tap on the + sign and select CLock from the list of widgets
    5. Adjust the settings to your liking
    6. Tap on the check mark at the upper right hand corner of the CLock menu to confirm/apply your changes.
    Additional Q&A/T Information

Liquid's development threads are intended for developmental purposes only, which means that posts should be focused solely on bug reports (with logcats) and assistance to further improving the ROM. Development threads in general are by no means a 24/7 tech support service but everyone needs some help every now and then and that is the purpose of this thread.

Most of you should already be aware that Q&A threads such as this are intended to clear any off topic posts and questions from the development threads to the Q&A/T thread, thus keeping the development threads clutter-free and ON-topic.

Any discussions concerning battery life, custom kernels, 3rd party apps, mods, etc.. will be posted in this thread along with any other general questions or topics NOT pertaining to the development of the project itself.

Any and all questions are welcome here but you must ALWAYS remember to search as well as read the FAQ and the OP of the original thread prior to posting questions. You stand a better chance of finding the answer to your question yourself by performing these tasks and it's a great feeling. :)

Additionally, no one should answer to OT questions asked on the development threads but instead, when convenient, respond with something like "Please use the Q&A/T thread for this kind of question". Consecutive OT posts will be moved here to Q&A/T as required.

And finally, if someone in this thread helps you, please take a second to click their 'thanks' button! Someone has taken the time to assist you, and clicking thanks will make them feel appreciated so they come back the next day and help someone else! You get 8 thanks a day, don't be stingy with them! (I'm not even talking about me. I'm not looking for 'thanks'. Save them for others who directly answer your questions. They will deserve it.

How to best ask for help in this thread!

Please try to provide as much of the following information as possible when posting your issues for the best possible support from myself or the community.

1. ROM version
    2. Recovery + version
    3. Kernel + version
    3. Gapps package + version
    4. Mods
    5. Troubleshooting steps
    6. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE

The FAQ can be found in 3rd post. I will add to it as the thread progresses.

If you discover a bug not listed in question #6 of the FAQ, please report it on the main Liquidsmooth thread (with logcats if possible) or submit the bug on their Official Google+ Bug section and it will be added here accordingly.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the AWESOMENESS that is Liquidsmooth!
    Seeing as XDA is pretty much only trolls anymore, it's difficult not to. Anyhow, is there any actually feedback for my question? Seeing as I was on topic, and someone wants to be a troll. Could ANYONE point me to the direction of prox sensor calibration for kitkat. Specifically this ROM?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you feel you're being trolled, report the post. Contributing to such behavior is unacceptable. Also, if you truly feel the need to quote a moderator and make such comments, it's best to just send a pm if you think any action taken was wrong. We have rules in place for a reason and if members cannot follow them there is an appropriate recourse and way of handling it. Disrespect and name calling is childish and not allowed. No more.
    That's what a couple of us are also trying to figure out. From the YouTube video I posted in the original liquid thread it seems its the Chameleon Engine App. However two of us have tried removing that app and it doesn't seem to change anything. The info in the play store about the app just says without being on the "Thinking Bridge ROM " all the features may not work.

And the options under status bar we had in earlier builds are no longer there for this in the latest build.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The App Bar is gone for good and the Chameleon Engine will be right behind it probably on the next build. The reason why you can't completely get rid of Chameleon is because part of it's core is built into the framework. This information I got from G+ LiquidSmooth Community which is where I tune into regularly for quick and correct answers. Try it you'll like it :D