Xperia or Diamond? which one would you buy?

Which one would you buy?

• Xperia

Votes: 205 64.7%
  • Diamond

Votes: 112 35.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

MrLeche

May 6, 2008
Quezon City
Xperia. no questions. :D

well when SE announced there first phone camera, it was amazing, then they announce their walkman phones they call it the ipod killer. They sure somehow did in some way.

I think they're calling X1 the Iphone killer. imho, price value comparison and functionabilty. SE does a pretty good job.

dwella

Jan 14, 2007
I voted xperia but I really want to see how reception quality is. That is the biggest thing for me. I want to get the call than I want to be able hear the caller and the caller hear me.....

d

Lokioki

Apr 26, 2008
I`m disappointed how low capacity of ram it has,128 MB, I wish it would have something like htc touch pro (228MB), but other than that it looks great and I will most likely get it :)

Correct me if I am wrong about ram capacity.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I`m disappointed how low capacity of ram it has,128 MB, I wish it would have something like htc touch pro (228MB), but other than that it looks great and I will most likely get it :)

The Diamond has 192MB (in the release version), the Touch Pro has 288 (atm) and the X1 may have anything :D

Spawn12

Mar 17, 2005
London

Well from what i have been reading on the net about the Xperia X1, it will come with 256mb of ram and not 128mb of ram. But we wont know till its actually out for release

Lord_BlackAdder

Feb 1, 2008
Melbourne
Í will most likely get the HTC Touch Pro. I like the HTC Touch FLO interface and I also like the TV-OUT capability.

Having said that I wish there was mobile TV (DVB-T/H) support in either phone, like those available in the Gigabyte and ETen phones.

teammee

Apr 14, 2008
Xperia. no questions. :D
I think they're calling X1 the Iphone killer. imho, price value comparison and functionabilty. SE does a pretty good job.

No other phone can be IPhone killer... IMHO people buy IPhone not for it's function, and they don't care about the price... they bought it because it's IPhone.. the same reason why people buy IPod... lifestyle...

btw.. Xperia +1...

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
No other phone can be IPhone killer... IMHO people buy IPhone not for it's function, and they don't care about the price... they bought it because it's IPhone.. the same reason why people buy IPod... lifestyle...

btw.. Xperia +1...
People who buy the iPhone do so because they have no logic at all... They are Apple fan boys who will do anything to get that brand... Or they're just people who have been so brain washed by Apples ridiculous marketing policy that they don't notice anything...

dilfatx

Feb 6, 2008
Austin
Sony hands down.. being blessed by Sony it might have a better battery life which is a deal breaker for me..

twisted-pixel

Feb 9, 2007
ooooh..this one has been bugging me for days and days now!

I used to have the O2 Orbit, which was great...but slightly large, poor camera and no flash.

So I changed to a Nokia N95 8GB, which is a bloody good phone, don't get me wrong but I've been looking at going back to a windows based device because of the superior range of s/w available (I use my phone for business as well as personal).

I was thinking Xperia or Diamond, but the Touchpro has the keyboard (great for sending emails).

so, Xperia or Touchpro.....I really really don't know!!..I'l probably do what I usually do and buy both, then lose a couple of hundred quid on the one I sell :eek:(

I suppose it might come down to price and availability. The Diamond currently retails at ~£500 sim free (I always buy sim free as I don't have a contract..well..I do but sim only). Both have no confirmed release dates...might be a long wait....and the wait might be needed to save up!!

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I think the raphael will be released first, and if a keyboard is important to you, according to people in the know, the Raphael has a better, more responsive feel... It also has TF3D, which unlike "Panels" is not a superficial gimmick. (well... It is, but to a much lesser extent)

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
AFAIK, the X1 has no release date at all... The Raphael has already shown it self in operator branding, and I've seen release dates of around August/September. Also, as the X1s screen ratio (800x480) is not standard (VGA and QVGA have the same ratio) software may not be compatable with it...

Praygo

Jan 10, 2008
Omaha
htc made the xperia

I voted Xperia... the keyboard looks beautiful...and its overall bling factor is better imo.

Why do i remember reading somewhere on XDA that HTC actually designed or built the xperia for Sony E. Is that just a bunch of BS? I find that hard to believe... why would htc make a phone like the x1 for a competitor ? It looks cooler than the rafael and diamond anyway!

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I voted Xperia... the keyboard looks beautiful...and its overall bling factor is better imo.

Why do i remember reading somewhere on XDA that HTC actually designed or built the xperia for Sony E. Is that just a bunch of BS? I find that hard to believe... why would htc make a phone like the x1 for a competitor ? It looks cooler than the rafael and diamond anyway!
HTC are making the X1... They've done it before (some HP devices are HTCs, but with a different sticker on the case)...

Some people I know who've used the X1 say the Kaiser/Raphael keyboard is easier to type on...