[UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER] released!!! 8/14/11{WILL KILL 4G}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
First off i wish to apologize to everyone...I had no idea that this will bork your 4g and i have been working almost non stop trying to get it fixed but i am afraid it is beyond the scope of my reach. I honestly feel that it is indeed similar to the original evo unlock with the loss of rsa keys and i am trying to figure out a way to backup and restore said keys. i know there is a tut for the evo but different file system and structure so its' going to take some digging.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO UNLOCK

Unlocked SBF
FASTBOOT
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF FASTBOOT

Download the Unlocked SBF and flash with RSDLite like you would any other SBF

After flashing the unlocked sbf you will need to turn off your phone to put the phone in fastboot mode(hold vol down while pressing power then once you see fastboot press the volume up)

Using your cmd promt cd to your fastboot(example: cd c:\android-sdk\tools\moto-fastboot directory)and Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock”

You will see
C:\Data\Sunfire\HW\Security_Tokens>fastboot oem unlock
... INFOUnlocking your device can permanently VOID your warranty.
INFOThis process cannot be reversed. If you wish to proceed,
INFOreissue the unlock OEM command containing the unique ID
INFOof your device: ########### (device generated ID will appear in this like not number signs)
OKAY [ 0.002s]
finished. total time: 0.002s
Using the UID provided above. Run the below command.
Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock ###########
NOTE: DO NOT reset phone between commands.
When you power cycle the phone “unlock” will be seen on start up screen (Red Moto logo)

[SYSTEM.IMG FOR UNLOCKED DEVICES ONLY] {YOU WILL LOSE DATA AND YOU HAVE TO BE OK WITH THAT BEFORE USING THIS METHOD}
Once you're booted you will need to regain root by any of the working methods in other threads or by flashing a system.img (THE IMG IS INSIDE THE RAR JUST EXTRACT IT)in moto-fastboot created by the2dcour, then getting superuser.apk from the market.

0) Make sure your phone is charged.
1) Boot your phone in to fastboot mode, connected to PC.
2) At the prompt/cmdline type moto-fastboot flash system system.img
3) Make sure you have superuser app installed from market.
4) Enjoy!
Instructions ganked from the2d...YOINK!

[DO NOT FLASH THIS SYSTEM.IMG IF YOU ARE NOT UNLOCKED]

I recommend this method of gaining root as it is much easier than previous methods.

want to thank edgan and the2dcour for all their hard work and help with releasing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course he who remain nameless...TYVM FINE SIR!

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Wow. Wish i had a resume and good background :) Love to help anyway i can. Good luck Yay...

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

criptix

Jul 16, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I don't have any phone specific(teaching myself android programming) besides being able to work through and trouble shoot problems I have. I've been working on pcs for 12 years so if that amounts to anything.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA Premium App

tim-tim

IT Admin for a video game company
Helped Dev a web based predictive dialer
turning free time into phone dev
work off of a triboot hackbook /win7/linux dist/osx lion

im up and im bored and want to do something.

cheers.

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Known as Whosdaman

I started developing 5 years ago for the HTC Vogue. I was one of the most well known developers for that particular device. I created the diamond theme rom and was the first developer to successfully port Manila 2D to the Vogue.
I then began working with NFSFAN on OpenGL drivers for windows mobile for the Vogue. We came close, but never got it stable enough to be usable.

After that I ported the entire leaked HTC Mega ROM to the Vogue and has it running without bugs in under a day. After that I went to Android and retired from development until the Motorola Photon 4G. I announced this would be the first device I would publically develop for.

WDM

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: ScandaLeX

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
Super secret? maybe rooting without HD dock. If we can adb push pulse in to local/tmp, we might be able to root p4g without dock.

Last edited:

mr_wrong_0

Dec 8, 2008
Colorado
Known as Whosdaman

I started developing 5 years ago for the HTC Vogue. I was one of the most well known developers for that particular device. I created the diamond theme rom and was the first developer to successfully port Manila 2D to the Vogue.
I then began working with NFSFAN on OpenGL drivers for windows mobile for the Vogue. We came close, but never got it stable enough to be usable.

After that I ported the entire leaked HTC Mega ROM to the Vogue and has it running without bugs in under a day. After that I went to Android and retired from development until the Motorola Photon 4G. I announced this would be the first device I would publically develop for.

WDM

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

+1 for Whosdaman he is a great dev and always super nice to work with on forums.

n00b1269

Feb 18, 2010
Charleston, WV
I am not one of the most known names in the community, but I do a lot of beta testing. I have also been using your work since my touch pro, Yay (the ppcgeeks
com days), and can honestly say I'll flash just about anything you release

ORam78

Nov 13, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Oh snap,Calk just did a guest appearance and Juggs is working an unlocked bootloader...I see good things a brewin' :)

Sent from my MoPho using XDA Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off i wish to apologize to everyone...I had no idea that this will bork your 4g and i have been working almost non stop trying to get it fixed but i am afraid it is beyond the scope of my reach. I honestly feel that it is indeed similar to the original evo unlock with the loss of rsa keys and i am trying to figure out a way to backup and restore said keys. i know there is a tut for the evo but different file system and structure so its' going to take some digging.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO UNLOCK

Unlocked SBF
    FASTBOOT
    WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF FASTBOOT

Download the Unlocked SBF and flash with RSDLite like you would any other SBF

After flashing the unlocked sbf you will need to turn off your phone to put the phone in fastboot mode(hold vol down while pressing power then once you see fastboot press the volume up)

Using your cmd promt cd to your fastboot(example: cd c:\android-sdk\tools\moto-fastboot directory)and Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock”

You will see
    C:\Data\Sunfire\HW\Security_Tokens>fastboot oem unlock
    ... INFOUnlocking your device can permanently VOID your warranty.
    INFOThis process cannot be reversed. If you wish to proceed,
    INFOreissue the unlock OEM command containing the unique ID
    INFOof your device: ########### (device generated ID will appear in this like not number signs)
    OKAY [ 0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.002s
    Using the UID provided above. Run the below command.
    Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock ###########
    NOTE: DO NOT reset phone between commands.
    When you power cycle the phone “unlock” will be seen on start up screen (Red Moto logo)

[SYSTEM.IMG FOR UNLOCKED DEVICES ONLY] {YOU WILL LOSE DATA AND YOU HAVE TO BE OK WITH THAT BEFORE USING THIS METHOD}
    Once you're booted you will need to regain root by any of the working methods in other threads or by flashing a system.img (THE IMG IS INSIDE THE RAR JUST EXTRACT IT)in moto-fastboot created by the2dcour, then getting superuser.apk from the market.

0) Make sure your phone is charged.
    1) Boot your phone in to fastboot mode, connected to PC.
    2) At the prompt/cmdline type moto-fastboot flash system system.img
    3) Make sure you have superuser app installed from market.
    4) Enjoy!
    Instructions ganked from the2d...YOINK!

[DO NOT FLASH THIS SYSTEM.IMG IF YOU ARE NOT UNLOCKED]

I recommend this method of gaining root as it is much easier than previous methods.

want to thank edgan and the2dcour for all their hard work and help with releasing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course he who remain nameless...TYVM FINE SIR!
    and you need the unlocked bootloader for these.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but that's not going to be the first thing out of the gate.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

A working bootloader is not going to happen without a modified kernel so with that being said i am currently working on both facets of it at once. Priority is working bootloader then kernel tweaks.
    Sweet! This is exciting, wish I new what to do with it. Lol guess I'll leave that up to the devs.

working on it and ty btw
    I was a test subject for the russian government 60yrs ago. And a test subject on u.s. unofficial space mission to mars 20yrs ago. Currently a tester for kfc first bio engineered chicken breast.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
    Damn, I want to know so bad!! Any hints?

now if i gave a hint then it wouldn't be super secret now would it...