TWRP wont recognize ext sd card after factory reset and wipe HELP PLEASE!

Search This thread

da9b16

Apr 25, 2007
Big D Tex
OK- I am not new here.... been away for awhile but. I recently rooted both of my lg optimus g pro e980 from ATT. I followed the directions on a few threads regarding this procedure. I installed twrp 2.6.3.0 and ran the updates that I could. I installed freegee pro as well. After I did this I also installed CWM recovery and made sure I updated it as well. I made a backup as I always have before I factory reset and I saved it to my external sd card.

I downloaded several roms to flash and gapps and a few other things i found that I liked and saved these to my ext sd card. I used astro file manager and root explorer to verify that the files were on the external sd card.

After the backup using cmw recovery I went into twrp. I did a factory reset per the instructions and after the reset I can't see my external SD card. I have tried EVERYTHING. I dug into every folder I could. I tried rebooting and seeing if I can see the external card from my pc. I cannot see it anywhere.

Can someone PLEASE help me out.

ricco333

Jul 24, 2012
Miami, FL
OK- I am not new here.... been away for awhile but. I recently rooted both of my lg optimus g pro e980 from ATT. I followed the directions on a few threads regarding this procedure. I installed twrp 2.6.3.0 and ran the updates that I could. I installed freegee pro as well. After I did this I also installed CWM recovery and made sure I updated it as well. I made a backup as I always have before I factory reset and I saved it to my external sd card.

I downloaded several roms to flash and gapps and a few other things i found that I liked and saved these to my ext sd card. I used astro file manager and root explorer to verify that the files were on the external sd card.

After the backup using cmw recovery I went into twrp. I did a factory reset per the instructions and after the reset I can't see my external SD card. I have tried EVERYTHING. I dug into every folder I could. I tried rebooting and seeing if I can see the external card from my pc. I cannot see it anywhere.

I don't understand why you do your backups with CWM, and then you go into TWRP, what recovery do you have currently installed? You can only have one.

Erik

da9b16

Apr 25, 2007
Big D Tex
I don't understand why you do your backups with CWM, and then you go into TWRP, what recovery do you have currently installed? You can only have one.

Erik

I have never used twrp until this phone. I have been out of the loop for about 14 months... changed jobs and started my own company. been too busy. I followed instructions... and it talks about them BOTH being available for use.

The bottom line is I still dont see how the external SD card is not being seen... my backup and my roms are on the external... makes no sense. I can pull the card out and see the roms on my other lg optimus g pro just fine.

fosunite

Dec 26, 2010
LG G5
Sony Xperia XZs

I have the same problem.
I used FReeGee to unlock my bootloader and flashed cwm to have my files visible. But still it messes up with my internal SD that it is always set to SDCARD/0. It is so useless and wastes more memories.
IS there something what we need to avoid or fix that issue with the SD`?

ricco333

Jul 24, 2012
Miami, FL
I have the same problem.
I used FReeGee to unlock my bootloader and flashed cwm to have my files visible. But still it messes up with my internal SD that it is always set to SDCARD/0. It is so useless and wastes more memories.
IS there something what we need to avoid or fix that issue with the SD`?

Your problem is not related to CWM or FreeGee, the reason why you see SDcard/0 after you flash cm 10.2 or later is because with Jelly Bean 4.2 Android implemented the multi user feature that wasn't present in JB 4.1 that came with the G pro. That is easily solved, just do a search for Aroma File Manager and you can move your files from your SD to the folder /0 and recover your SD card lost space.

Erik

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I have never used twrp until this phone. I have been out of the loop for about 14 months... changed jobs and started my own company. been too busy. I followed instructions... and it talks about them BOTH being available for use.

The bottom line is I still dont see how the external SD card is not being seen... my backup and my roms are on the external... makes no sense. I can pull the card out and see the roms on my other lg optimus g pro just fine.

If I were you, I would flash the stock .tot file from att using LGflash tools and start over, when using FreeGee you don't have to install both recoveries, just choose one, I use CWM, there is only one recovery partition therefore only one recovery can be installed.

Erik

playerjunglejosh

Dec 23, 2011
I can see this is dated, but maybe this is of some help. Twrp will not recognize any sd card if is exFAT. It has to be FAT32 if I'm not mistaken. It may just be FAT, but I'm pretty sure it's FAT32.

I have been having this issue, and did a good bit of research. I'm gonna reformat my memory card at some point to check, but it will take a while for me to get my files moved around.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: michaelboterf

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
As far as TWRP goes, Madmack's Hacked TWRP is the only one that I've gotten to read my external sd. Both ExFAT and FAT32.

Sent from my Stock 4.4 LG-E980

momixp

Apr 4, 2015
Lg g pro at&t

I m also facing same problem , itried to instal recovery with various tools like rom mannager, flashifuy, freege etc...
but i was unable to instal recovery and at the end i found that i have lost my sd card excess. its not mounting now, neither i cud excess otg support. rest of the phone is working fine.
please help

PantiePULLER

Jun 9, 2015
I m also facing same problem , itried to instal recovery with various tools like rom mannager, flashifuy, freege etc...
but i was unable to instal recovery and at the end i found that i have lost my sd card excess. its not mounting now, neither i cud excess otg support. rest of the phone is working fine.
please help

i just ran into this problem and can't seem to find a solution! --- Did you ever get this resolved? If so would you please share!! Thank yoU!

michaelboterf

Jan 3, 2016
Fat32 twrp

I can see this is dated, but maybe this is of some help. Twrp will not recognize any sd card if is exFAT. It has to be FAT32 if I'm not mistaken. It may just be FAT, but I'm pretty sure it's FAT32.

I have been having this issue, and did a good bit of research. I'm gonna reformat my memory card at some point to check, but it will take a while for me to get my files moved around.

This is a godsend. I was having issues with TWRP recognizing my SDCard and my Windows machine didn't have a problem. I formatted as a FAT32 and worked like a champ. I'm now able to backup my personal data before moving on the better ROMs... Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.