Phone stuck constantly rebooting

Search This thread

saj1jr

May 30, 2011
SU Binary needs to be updated on my phone - it's causing my phone to boot up, run for about 30 seconds, and then reboot over and over again.

How can I update the binary? I go to Superuser and it gives me the option to, but the phone reboots before I get the chance to update it.

I found the file I need to flash, but how can I get it onto my phone? The phone doesn't stay on long enough for me to transfer the file onto the phone...

PLEASE HELP!!

Reactions: strebend

saj1jr

May 30, 2011
Sounds like you flashed a GSm rom that is not compatible with Sprint.

Forgot to mention that I haven't flashed any ROM's - I rooted just so I could access mobile hotspot for free and what not.

Anyway, I actually ended up fixing it. Was able to get into SU and it posted the update file to my phone and I accessed it via recovery. Flashed it and the problem is fixed.

bobsbobbers

Feb 1, 2010
Forgot to mention that I haven't flashed any ROM's - I rooted just so I could access mobile hotspot for free and what not.

Anyway, I actually ended up fixing it. Was able to get into SU and it posted the update file to my phone and I accessed it via recovery. Flashed it and the problem is fixed.

thanks for the tip, i'm going to give this a try. something is throwing my phone into boot loops today too, I just unfroze all the stuff I froze with TB this week thinking that was the trouble.... I am on stock/rooted 4.4.2 with SU as well.

Update:
Booted to recovery, used adb to push the new Su binary (v2.00) over to phone, used custom recovery to install new su binary zip, all seems right with the world. will post again if I have troubles, but this appears to be working *crosses fingers*

I've got no idea what started this boot loop off today, maybe some OTA tweak I didn't approve? Not really sure...

Last edited:

raynefr

Aug 16, 2014
thanks for the tip, i'm going to give this a try. something is throwing my phone into boot loops today too, I just unfroze all the stuff I froze with TB this week thinking that was the trouble.... I am on stock/rooted 4.4.2 with SU as well.

Update:
Booted to recovery, used adb to push the new Su binary (v2.00) over to phone, used custom recovery to install new su binary zip, all seems right with the world. will post again if I have troubles, but this appears to be working *crosses fingers*

I've got no idea what started this boot loop off today, maybe some OTA tweak I didn't approve? Not really sure...

hey man. same issue. i just tried the latest update. seems to work for now, but did the problem ever come back for you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like you flashed a GSm rom that is not compatible with Sprint.

Update:

SU Binary needs to be updated on my phone - it's causing my phone to boot up, run for about 30 seconds, and then reboot over and over again.

How can I update the binary? I go to Superuser and it gives me the option to, but the phone reboots before I get the chance to update it.

I found the file I need to flash, but how can I get it onto my phone? The phone doesn't stay on long enough for me to transfer the file onto the phone...

PLEASE HELP!!