Should i still buy a S3?

Search This thread

Ironic

Feb 21, 2012
Hi,

I could get S3 from a friend for 95$. All is okay but there is some dirt (like hay) under the display but this does not matter.

Is it still worth to get a S3 or should I stick with my S2 (poor battery and yellow-ish display). I don´t have much money atm because I have to buy some more things soon :(.

I tried the S3 now a few days and i like it very much, because of it´s good display and the brilliant battery life. My S2 battery life was so bad, few minutes display on and -15% battery.

I appreciate your help! :)

Greets

SAMPPLE

Jun 8, 2014
Bucharest
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Hi,

I could get S3 from a friend for 95$. All is okay but there is some dirt (like hay) under the display but this does not matter.

Is it still worth to get a S3 or should I stick with my S2 (poor battery and yellow-ish display). I don´t have much money atm because I have to buy some more things soon :(.

I tried the S3 now a few days and i like it very much, because of it´s good display and the brilliant battery life. My S2 battery life was so bad, few minutes display on and -15% battery.

Greets

I have a S2 and my battery life is not so good, anyway... Is your choice:) I heard one bad thing about S3 and it's sometimes the phone has lag in the menu or something like that but I don't know why... So again if you like it, buy the phone :) AGAIN IS YOUR CHOICE:)

Reactions: Ironic

obdan_van_darg

Sep 13, 2012
If you don't have a lot of money (and even if you have ;) the S3 is still a very good machine. I'm pretty sure that not even one app exists in the Play Store which wouldn't run on the GS3. The only reason one I could imagine is a KitKat exclusive app, but no developer would do such a stupid thing.

The GS3 is superior to the S2 on every level. Neither the S4 nor the S5 is better enough to make me Switch. And with the new Generation of custom ROMs (Glamour for example) you even get all of the S5 features on the S3.

So: should someone still buy an S3? Hell, yeah!

Reactions: Ironic

Ironic

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for the answers! :)
@SAMPPLE I have rooted and greenified the S3 and i can´t feel any lag even with power saving :)
@boomboomer I want to stick with samsung or htc ;)
@obdan_van_darg I will have a look at the glamour rom, thank you! :) And for KitKat we can upgrade to a custom-rom :victory:

verny94

May 30, 2014
Kladno
www.instagram.com
Hi,
Greets

I think that SIII is little bit old. Try to find any newer phone :)

Ironic

Feb 21, 2012
Why should i decide for the moto G? I have a Nexus 7, so i don´t need pure android on my phone :)

lesliescott06

Aug 6, 2013
S3 is a better option to go with rather than sticking to S2 if the performance is really good and the price as well. Mainly check out the mobile speed and check out whether its not hanging.

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Yep, testing it since a few days and it´s not lagging or anything else. All stable!
well for $95 its a good deal now even more that you have a n7 so you dont need aosp.
for that price you can´t buy those low-mid end Samsung phones,(and tbh they are all almost the same, same hardware with one or dual sim and other sizes and other names *cofcof s3 mini,s4mini,sduos,s3slim,s3duos,s3neo,s4duos...*)
so yea, go with the s3 but see if you can get for $90 and then buy a cofee for you :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Greets

I have a S2 and my battery life is not so good, anyway... Is your choice:) I heard one bad thing about S3 and it's sometimes the phone has lag in the menu or something like that but I don't know why... So again if you like it, buy the phone :) AGAIN IS YOUR CHOICE:)
    If you don't have a lot of money (and even if you have ;) the S3 is still a very good machine. I'm pretty sure that not even one app exists in the Play Store which wouldn't run on the GS3. The only reason one I could imagine is a KitKat exclusive app, but no developer would do such a stupid thing.

The GS3 is superior to the S2 on every level. Neither the S4 nor the S5 is better enough to make me Switch. And with the new Generation of custom ROMs (Glamour for example) you even get all of the S5 features on the S3.

So: should someone still buy an S3? Hell, yeah!