View HoneyComb/ICS Development

Search This thread

GODZSON

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 2, 2007
Boynton Beach

This thread has been created to assist everyone with our Evo View and for those with the mindset, skills, mod experience to assist us. Please lets keep it clean and let's get some development going that is highly needed.

Thanks Globatron for the S-Off on View ~>HoneyComb

EVO View OTA.zip (Link2DL) **DO NOT FLASH-For Development**
Thanks to NewKidd Here is Evo View OTA Deodexed.zip (Not Flashable)

Spec changes in HoneyComb
◦Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
◦New Google search, available on every page
◦System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
◦Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
◦The Action Bar–which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen–is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
◦Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM

Fixes include:
◦Google video chat
◦Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode

Assistance with:
Verify CIQ is not in update-12/26 No CIQ verified
Modding back to Hard keys ~>Link here to info Thx Themanii-12/26 LeeDroid HK Mod 100%

Thank you all, if you have other ideas please post and lets make it happen

Last edited:

GODZSON

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 2, 2007
Boynton Beach
View HoneyComb Development

Thanks to LoveThyEvo for his assistance :) with the Splash setup

** Your device must be s-off (nand unlocked) in order to flash/install this image **

Installation instructions:

1. Download nameofsplash.img
Download Godzson.Zip for our devices (View & Flyer) the other are for "other" devices

2. Reboot your device to bootloader.

3. In a command/terminal prompt enter
Code:
 fastboot flash splash1 nameofsplash.img

4. Reboot your device and enjoy your new splash screen.

Click on Picture to view image bigger :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks to Indirect for creating a flashable.zip for the BeatzAni & HCani
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15069134/HoneycombBoot.zip

^ honeycomb animation as per request for flashable zip (Note, I do not have a view to test on and without the proper mount command, I had to use the busybox mount command however, it should still work fine. ^_^

edit:
Beatz animation as per request: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15069134/Beatz_bootanimation.zip

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2173701

im uploading one i deodexed and rooted, etc. from the ota. only issue i had period was getting the voicesearch deodexed...so i just removed it completely and replaced it with the market version. just for anyone who wants a template to use for theming, etc.

will post the link after multiupload stops taking forever.

Reactions: focbuster78

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
My view is S-off wanted to check it out. Don't want to go thru the hassle of going back to S-on just to try it. Will be checking in. I'm sure it won't take long for revolutionary to get it cracked.

focbuster78

Dec 5, 2008
Boston
im uploading one i deodexed and rooted, etc. from the ota. only issue i had period was getting the voicesearch deodexed...so i just removed it completely and replaced it with the market version. just for anyone who wants a template to use for theming, etc.

will post the link after multiupload stops taking forever.

Will this rom be compatible with s-off Hboot 1.09.0000 or 1.13.0000?

D

Deleted member 2173701

My view is S-off wanted to check it out. Don't want to go thru the hassle of going back to S-on just to try it. Will be checking in. I'm sure it won't take long for revolutionary to get it cracked.

negative. you gotta have the new hboot before it will boot. tried several times with a few different configurations to make it work but to no avail. when globatron has it ready to go thats when the fun begins.

for a little clarification, i took the otaupdate and modified it so it doesnt flash any of the firmware info's (such as radio, hboot, wimax, etc) and applied the update. then i made a nandroid backup, then used a program to take the .img's from the backup and decompress it so i could mess with the files inside. kind of a bassakward way of doing it...but seemingly the only way until we get an RUU for it. which if i heard right, wont be publically released until Q1 2012, unless football gets a leaked ruu beforehand :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: focbuster78

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
I understand what your saying. All I meant was I will wait till they get the new update S=off so I can revert back if I don't like it. From what I understand revolutionary doesn't work for it. It's just to much trouble to revert back to stock with there being minimal benefits of upgrading.

IP IHI II IL

Sep 16, 2010
I'm really hoping someone can port this to the Best Buy Flyer. It's pretty obvious that HTC puts more dev focus on its carrier branded devices as we won't be getting an official HC build until late Jan., early Feb. :(

\\Carved into this thread by my RAZR//
http://android-gz.com

focbuster78

Dec 5, 2008
Boston
negative. you gotta have the new hboot before it will boot. tried several times with a few different configurations to make it work but to no avail. when globatron has it ready to go thats when the fun begins.

for a little clarification, i took the otaupdate and modified it so it doesnt flash any of the firmware info's (such as radio, hboot, wimax, etc) and applied the update. then i made a nandroid backup, then used a program to take the .img's from the backup and decompress it so i could mess with the files inside. kind of a bassakward way of doing it...but seemingly the only way until we get an RUU for it. which if i heard right, wont be publically released until Q1 2012, unless football gets a leaked ruu beforehand :)

Thank you for all the clarification, of course I want HC now. I don't mind waiting a while, after all Q1 of 2012 starts in less then two weeks :p
It seems like its been hard to get the best of both worlds lately in regards to newest software and keeping root access. First no root for Evo3d Hboot 1.50 and now no HC and root for the view. But I can't complain too much. This is still a great slab of hardware, and I am very thankful that development is underway!!
Thanks guys! :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2173701

I understand what your saying. All I meant was I will wait till they get the new update S=off so I can revert back if I don't like it. From what I understand revolutionary doesn't work for it. It's just to much trouble to revert back to stock with there being minimal benefits of upgrading.

no what i am saying is that HC on the tab (weather you have the view or flyer) wont boot at all unless you use the new hboot. my guess would be since its a completely different build of software designed for a tablet, a gingerbread hboot is configured completely differently (as gingerbread is designated as a "phone" software) where as honeycomb is configured to be tablet...hopefully this clarifies it a little bit better....

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
I'm really hoping someone can port this to the Best Buy Flyer. It's pretty obvious that HTC puts more dev focus on its carrier branded devices as we won't be getting an official HC build until late Jan., early Feb. :(

\\Carved into this thread by my RAZR//
http://android-gz.com

Why not use globatrons flyer hc. Change locale using morelocal2 apk after flash to us

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
Unless you are telling me that the factory over the air update that I denied today because I heard it will soft brick if your S-off will not work on a stock view with gingerbread. Which I wouldn't understand because I thought that was the whole point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This thread has been created to assist everyone with our Evo View and for those with the mindset, skills, mod experience to assist us. Please lets keep it clean and let's get some development going that is highly needed.

Thanks Globatron for the S-Off on View ~>HoneyComb

EVO View OTA.zip (Link2DL) **DO NOT FLASH-For Development**
    Thanks to NewKidd Here is Evo View OTA Deodexed.zip (Not Flashable)

Spec changes in HoneyComb
    ◦Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
    ◦New Google search, available on every page
    ◦System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
    ◦Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
    ◦The Action Bar–which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen–is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
    ◦Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM

Fixes include:
    ◦Google video chat
    ◦Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode

Assistance with:
    Verify CIQ is not in update-12/26 No CIQ verified
    Modding back to Hard keys ~>Link here to info Thx Themanii-12/26 LeeDroid HK Mod 100%

Thank you all, if you have other ideas please post and lets make it happen
    Yea it's exactly as I thought

2.3.4's express-keypad.kl
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]key 102   HOME              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 139   MENU              WAKE_DROPPED
    key 158   BACK              WAKE_DROPPED[/B][/COLOR]
    key 217   SEARCH            WAKE_DROPPED
    key 97	  FUNC_1	    WAKE_DROPPED

key 116   POWER             WAKE_DROPPED
    key 114   VOLUME_DOWN       WAKE
    key 115   VOLUME_UP         WAKE

3.2.1's express-keypad.kl
    Code:
    key 217   SEARCH            WAKE_DROPPED
    key 97	  FUNC_1	    WAKE_DROPPED

key 116   POWER             WAKE_DROPPED
    key 114   VOLUME_DOWN       WAKE
    key 115   VOLUME_UP         WAKE

Using the old kl file should work fine to reenable the buttons (incindentally it's also the same buttons as on the s7.

I cant say how you'd actually install it though, as you need either root or the ability to flash zips.

I dont know how mounting works for the flyer/view so I dont believe it would be a wise choice for me to attempt to blindly make a flashable zip for it.
    Will look into it and edit this reply with info :)

My 1st find: Zip made to disable & enable captive buttons (review differ) Link
    We're on the right track, Props to The Manii for the development.

Here you go Lee, we can begin here :)

The buttons are controlled by whatever keylayout is used on the flyer/view

on the s7 the keyfile is ATA2538_capkey.kl

and

Code:
    key 102   HOME              
    key 158   BACK              
    key 139   MENU

With key 102/158/139 being their respective buttons on the s7, you need to find whatever kl is used on the flyer/view and edit their 3 lines.

You can likely grab the right key numbers off <whatever was before HC>, I wouldnt imagine they changed the codes during the update

At least on the S7 there are multiple kl's that arnt used as dell didnt bother removing the redundant ones, I havnt used any other devices to compare.

You either need root or a custom rec to install it though, and it sounds like this is the biggest hurdle ATM for the flyer. 3.0+ to my knowledge contains no known exploits at all and if you cant get S-OFF i'm guessing that's the issue at hand. (I havnt ever used a HTC device so I'm just guessing)

Edit: I've downloaded the zip in the OP and it seems that the right kl is express-keypad.kl.

I need the previous 2.3.4 rom's express-keypad.kl to continue though, when someone can provide that to me I can likely figure out the rest
    thanks all guys to development our evo view ,i want to know how long our evo view can flash the unofficial android 4.0 rom?

....The #1 rule on this forum is Dont ask for ETA'S"

When It comes it comes

There are pweople working on it but there really isnt any way we can do anything until ICS drops from HTC

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Instead of screwing with ICS, how about we figure out a way to enable broad stylus support on GB?

I've used ICS and GB on my SGS2 and honestly, there isn't a whole lot of difference. Anyone who thinks that ICS on their View will somehow double its speed or make it levitate will be sorely disappointed. It's better, but IMHO, not a lot.

HC is just damned slow, even overclocked. I'd go back to GB but need the pen support.

did u read the title of this thread?

View HoneyComb/ICS Development

This thread did not ask for opinions on if people THINK GB, HC, or ICS is faster, it is for DEVELOPMENT.

So create your own thread on here for "development of "broader support for the stylus. And start developing for it and hope people join in.
    Ok, So I was digging looking around the web for a device that's closest to the view in terms of HW that will offically be getting ICS. It's seems like the HTC Evo Design 4g is pretty much exactly the same HW wise (same cpu, I think same amount of ram, wimax radios etc..) I think that once it's released it's our best shot to port something from since it doesnt look like HTC is going to give us ICS.

Thats exactly what cayniarb told me actually so once we get a dump of the designs ICS build we should as the last devs for the view, work together to get a working build running for our users.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA