[GUIDE] Reset pattern lock without loosing data.

Search This thread

gody420

Oct 11, 2012
mumbai
This is a guide to reset pattern lock, pin or password lock without loosing your data...

So guys your pattern lock gets saved in /data/system/gesture.key
so simply deleting that file will reset your pattern lock, but Unfortunately you cant acces gesture.key if you forget your pattern right???...

But there is a solution, actually there are many solutions but this is what i feel is noob friendly.....

Requirements:
1. You need to be rooted and cwm installed.(dont worry if you are not rooted, you can still root and continue to the procedure...)
2.you need aroma file manager.....

Steps:
1.copy aromafm-1.91.zip in your sdcard
2.reboot into recovery.(turn off, then hold volume up+home+power key)
3.install zip from sdcard.
4.select aromafm-1.91.zip
5.then go to settings scroll down and select mount everything, then come back to main menu...
6.now go to data/system and find gesture.key and delete it
7.exit and reboot..
8.when you restart you will still c pattern lock screen jst swipe however you feel:p and guess wat??? you successfuly bypassed your pattern lock!!!!!

Shaurya007

May 30, 2014
nice work bro..but the pblm is we cant know the pattern :p is there any way by which we can know the pattern :p

rios09

Jul 25, 2015
Aroma on SM G7021

This is a guide to reset pattern lock, pin or password lock without loosing your data...

so simply deleting that file will reset your pattern lock, but Unfortunately you cant acces gesture.key if you forget your pattern right???...

But there is a solution, actually there are many solutions but this is what i feel is noob friendly.....

Requirements:
1. You need to be rooted and cwm installed.(dont worry if you are not rooted, you can still root and continue to the procedure...)

Steps:
5.then go to settings scroll down and select mount everything, then come back to main menu...
7.exit and reboot..
8.when you restart you will still c pattern lock screen jst swipe however you feel:p and guess wat??? you successfuly bypassed your pattern lock!!!!!

Hi ,
I tried all ur steps but it comes up with e: signature verification failure and system error
Plz help. My device galaxy grand 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:

Steps:
    7.exit and reboot..
    nice guide :good:
    can we restore it to previous password or pattern lock

No, You cant restore it to previous pattern.... You wont actualy know the previous pattern but u just can reset pattern with this method...
    nice work bro..but the pblm is we cant know the pattern :p is there any way by which we can know the pattern :p

Der is a software dat shows password but 4 dat u need usb debugging on..... Il make a tutorial later for dat...
    oh..I am waiting for it desperately! ! :p
    when you post the tutorial then please tell me so that I am able to read it ..

K bro il post it 2mrw...